The Student Room Group

Aspiring Solicitor - am I too late?!

Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a predicament and could do with advice!

So, I'm in my 1st year of Alevels studying; English lit & Lang, Media, It and Sociology.
I chose these subjects because at the time, I didn't have the foggiest idea as to what career path I wanted to go down and thought they left doors open within topics I enjoy.

Anyway, not long after I chose my subjects, my school arranged for each of us to have a careers advice lecture/assembly, blah blah blah, I found myself ever so interested in what the visitors were saying about Law and after much research, discussions etc I've become really interested in becoming a solicitor..

However, I'm worried I'm at a serious disadvantage! Because it's been such a last minute decision I don't know whether I've chosen the right/wrong Alevel subjects, I don't have an amazing knowledge of 'law' in general, I have done no work expirence etc etc I mean the list goes on and on!!

I just don't know what to do or where to start...

Any advice, knowledge or anything you think may come in handy would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Steven :smile:
Original post by StevenKnott
Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a predicament and could do with advice!

So, I'm in my 1st year of Alevels studying; English lit & Lang, Media, It and Sociology.
I chose these subjects because at the time, I didn't have the foggiest idea as to what career path I wanted to go down and thought they left doors open within topics I enjoy.

Anyway, not long after I chose my subjects, my school arranged for each of us to have a careers advice lecture/assembly, blah blah blah, I found myself ever so interested in what the visitors were saying about Law and after much research, discussions etc I've become really interested in becoming a solicitor..

However, I'm worried I'm at a serious disadvantage! Because it's been such a last minute decision I don't know whether I've chosen the right/wrong Alevel subjects, I don't have an amazing knowledge of 'law' in general, I have done no work expirence etc etc I mean the list goes on and on!!

I just don't know what to do or where to start...

Any advice, knowledge or anything you think may come in handy would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Steven :smile:

Chill. Apply to Uni, get a 2.1, do work experience from now on in and worry about your future in 2nd year of Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending