The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

How is life like for a mature student at Durham?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Wtidbury
I'm 23 will be 24 and will hopefully be starting philosophy with foundation in September, anyone else in a similar position? Pleased to meet you all btw, was worried about being the only old person starting lol!!

I was 28 when I started my degree. I'm now in my 3rd year (2nd year of Theology), your not old, you'd be surprised that in the foundation year there is such a mix of ages.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Maturestudent
Hey Jesse-May,

I too will be 22 and going through the foundation centre in September. What are you going to study?

I'll be studying business and management with foundation year, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
History with a foundation year for me, what college have you applied to?
I have applied for Hatfield on the recommendation of a friend from work who went there. Though am not overly fussed, they all have pros and cons, I would rather I get into a Bailey college tbh.
Old thread I know.

Any current mature students at Durham? What kind of accommodation would you suggest for a mature undergraduate student who needs their own space?
Did you get sorted with your accommodation?

I suppose how much of a mature student you are, in your 30s I'd say find somewhere out of halls.

I'm starting this year as a 37 year old but fortunately I live just outside the city.

hope you are all sorted
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest