The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Tbh I'm shocked. After two MSc's, one from Cambridge at that, I would have expected to have heard by now. Although I only spent 16 minutes on the application, my interview went surprisingly well. This is most likely due to my degree in Development and Society with an International Health and Human Services focus at Cambridge. Do you guys reckon we'll hear by the end of the week? I will be going to do a two week placement with a highly reputable NGO in Italy on Friday.
Reply 181
Fagan, I feel your pain! This wait is toooooooooo long!
well when i rang last week they said this Friday at the latest.I had to ask as otherwise i need to accept my masters deadline..(bad timing!)
Reply 183
Ohhh I really thought we would hear today!
Original post by fagan
tbh i'm shocked. After two msc's, one from cambridge at that, i would have expected to have heard by now. Although i only spent 16 minutes on the application, my interview went surprisingly well. This is most likely due to my degree in development and society with an international health and human services focus at cambridge. Do you guys reckon we'll hear by the end of the week? I will be going to do a two week placement with a highly reputable ngo in italy on friday.

Fingers crossed modesty isn't one of the qualities they're looking for.
Reply 185
Sorry guys, I did not want my first impression to be a negative one. I'd love to work with all of you guys and I hope I haven't ruined a chance of a positive working relationship. We just have to get through this one.day.at.a.time.....
Reply 186
Research has shown that interviewers make their decisions on candidates within the first 60s of meeting them. It's taken me 5s to read your post Fagan. Let's hope the research aint true. I look forward to forming a "positive working relationship" with you.
I don't want to raise all your hopes but everybdy I know who went to the AC and has heard by now has been rejected. I assume the ones who are left havent been.
I think that might just be the first batch of rejects, but I hope SO MUCH that you are right! Are the only people that have heard those that found out on friday?
I don't mean to sound like a cynic but the more applications I have gone through the more I have come to realise that trying to second guess HR decision making is impossible.

Fingers crossed guys... No news is good news (excruciating as that might be).
Wise words! Good luck to you too :biggrin:
Just to let you know I got offered a job today via phone call. So much luck everyone.
Well done mate! I sadly still haven't heard anything
Reply 193
Original post by Maggers580
Just to let you know I got offered a job today via phone call. So much luck everyone.

Massive congratulations. :biggrin: Did they tell you anything else about positions, locations etc?

Nothing here either...my uni has annoyingly decided to start having a protracted debate about bike parking with the entire departmental mailing list, so my phone has been beeping constantly with yet more bike-related emails all day...not good for the blood pressure.

Fingers crossed to all still waiting.
anyone else not heard? Im going a bit mad waiting....
Original post by stillwaiting89
anyone else not heard? Im going a bit mad waiting....

I feel your pain mate.
Reply 196
I have applied to this too, and am still waiting to hear... Just found this site, it's comforting to know that lots of people are still waiting as well! Good luck everyone, hopefully we hear soon!
Original post by Mishael
Massive congratulations. :biggrin: Did they tell you anything else about positions, locations etc?

Nothing here either...my uni has annoyingly decided to start having a protracted debate about bike parking with the entire departmental mailing list, so my phone has been beeping constantly with yet more bike-related emails all day...not good for the blood pressure.

Fingers crossed to all still waiting.

Yea Im in Glasgow and they told me what area I will be working in. Going to send me more details via post. I really hope you all get in!

I feel your pain. On monday I got a random call from T mobile, got so scared thinking it was DFID.
Fingers crossed you`ll find out tomorrow! I found out at about 2/3pm. I dont know if thats helpful but maybe itll be similar timings.
So much luck to you all. Hang in there
Reply 198
Thank you, so kind of you to share! Was it Daniel who rang you?
Original post by peasoup
Thank you, so kind of you to share! Was it Daniel who rang you?

No it was Eleane! No worries at all, I do feel your pain!

Quick Reply

Latest