The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Imo2013
Has anyone contacted them for an update?

No ... it's not going to happen today is it... :frown:
Reply 581
Original post by Shneaks
No ... it's not going to happen today is it... :frown:

I don't think so :frown: I wish they would stop giving us dates!
Reply 582
It certainly wouldn't seem like it, but why email and tell us a specific date if its not?
Reply 583
I wish I was brave enough to ring!
Reply 584
Isn't DFID meant to be opposed to torture??? :smile:
Reply 585
I would say, from the previous email, that they know who's been successful. I wish they would just send out an email saying 'You've been unsuccessful, feedback to follow' or 'You've been successful, details of placement to follow'.
Reply 586
I'm 98 per cent convinced I'm getting rejected too, which makes all this faffing ten times worse.
Reply 587
Original post by Shneaks
I'm 98 per cent convinced I'm getting rejected too, which makes all this faffing ten times worse.

Same!! It's just going to make the rejection worse because i've wasted so much time checking emails/this/online application and generally worrying!
Reply 588
Original post by Shneaks

:five:
Reply 589
I rang abercrombie house and the didn't have an extension number for ANYONE in graduate recruitment so I couldn't speak to anyone.
Reply 590
We have emails, too scared to read mine!
Reply 591
I don't have one :eek:
Reply 592
Me neither.. ARGH
Reply 593
Original post by jsoe
I don't have one :eek:

Could be a good sign...mine was a rejection!
Reply 594
Hi guys. I've been following this stream for the past few days in desperation of finding some news but have only just got an account myself! I thought I should let you all know that I heard from DFID by phone just after 3.30pm so keep them close by, and good luck!!!!
Reply 595
Original post by Imo2013
We have emails, too scared to read mine!

Off dfid? What does it say? I have nothing !
Reply 596
Original post by Cakefan
I rang abercrombie house and the didn't have an extension number for ANYONE in graduate recruitment so I couldn't speak to anyone.

This feels like the date where you get stood up.
Reply 597
Original post by jemima789
Hi guys. I've been following this stream for the past few days in desperation of finding some news but have only just got an account myself! I thought I should let you all know that I heard from DFID by phone just after 3.30pm so keep them close by, and good luck!!!!

I'm assuming it was a yes (apologies if I'm wrong) - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Reply 598
Original post by Imo2013
Could be a good sign...mine was a rejection!

Doh.
Reply 599
Thank you very much! I'm really pleased- wanted it so badly (as did we all, so it seems... sorry to anyone who didn't get it). I'm going to be based in East Kilbride, which was just where I wanted to be too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest