The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
I was told I would definitely find out today in an email at 5.30 and still haven't heard.
Reply 621
Just got an email, unsuccessful :-(
Reply 622
Rejected =( looks like they're still going through, though interestingly my email was claiming to have been sent at 5.20. The feedback was incredibly vague, i wouldn't assume that's taking long to put together
Reply 623
Original post by Mezzameg
Rejected =( looks like they're still going through, though interestingly my email was claiming to have been sent at 5.20. The feedback was incredibly vague, i wouldn't assume that's taking long to put together

I agree it was quite vague...I would of appreciated some specific feedback as to why I didn't get the job/was rejected. But then I guess with 200 people to get back to it is hard to do that!
Reply 624
Anyone else still waiting? I am fully expecting a rejection, but the waiting is soul destroying.
Reply 625
Just got my email - "We have filled all the available positions on the scheme and have also notified unsuccessful candidates of the outcome of their applications."
Reply 626
Original post by lhalp25
Just got my email - "We have filled all the available positions on the scheme and have also notified unsuccessful candidates of the outcome of their applications."

At the risk of sounding stupid, what does that mean?
Reply 627
Original post by Cakefan
At the risk of sounding stupid, what does that mean?

Well I didn't get feedback, and they're waitlisting me in case any vacancies arise. Definitely reads that unsuccessful candidates have been contacted, so I would assume anyone who hasn't heard yet has either been successful or is waitlisted.
Reply 628
Original post by lhalp25
Well I didn't get feedback, and they're waitlisting me in case any vacancies arise. Definitely reads that unsuccessful candidates have been contacted, so I would assume anyone who hasn't heard yet has either been successful or is waitlisted.

Ok, thanks :smile:

Good luck, I hope a space opens up for you!
Reply 629
Hi all, I just got called (7.20) and was offered a job in London. Commiserations to those who haven't got it, congratulations to those who have and good luck to those still waiting! They are still phoning :smile:
Reply 630
Original post by Cakefan
Hi all, I just got called (7.20) and was offered a job in London. Commiserations to those who haven't got it, congratulations to those who have and good luck to those still waiting! They are still phoning :smile:

Well done!! :smile:
Reply 631
Original post by Cakefan

Nicely done! And congrats to everyone else who made it :cool:
Hey guys just to let you know that they called to offer me a place in London at 7pm. Hope everybody has at least heard either way by now. Good luck!
Reply 633
Original post by jemima789
Congratulations!! I will see you there :smile:

I guess so! What department are you in?
Reply 634
I'm still waiting for an email to come through to confirm but I believe it is the "Growth and Resilience" team. How about you?
Reply 635
Original post by jemima789
I'm still waiting for an email to come through to confirm but I believe it is the "Growth and Resilience" team. How about you?

I think I'm in the international directors' office... but I was in a daze so may have misheard!
Reply 636
Original post by Redcup
I think I'm in the international directors' office... but I was in a daze so may have misheard!

Haha- yeah I was much the same! I thought she'd said "Gross Resilience team" originally. Will have to see when all the details come through. I'm still so excited today!! :biggrin:
Reply 637
I was told proabably climate and environment (London) but that's not confirmed yet.
Reply 638
I'm still waiting to hear either way, is anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 639
I have been following this thread the past couple of days and just wanted to say thank you and that I'll be in east kilbride too :smile: looking forward to meeting you guys!

Quick Reply

Latest