The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds firmers and insurance 2012 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethmarydowd
I've firmed Leeds for Graphic and Communication Design, applied to live in Clarence Dock, woopwoop

Me too :biggrin: I've applied for central village though
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 181
Firmed Leeds!

English Language and Literature, AAB

Or, if I pass Access To Leeds, BBB

I've chosen Oxley for my accommodation :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Toshiya
I've applied for North Hill Court accommodation. Anyone else? The only bad thing is the kitchens look tiny but the rooms look huuuuge and I'd love a double bed since that's what I have at home. And its cheap, I want to save as much money as I can :biggrin:

I applied for North Hill Court yesterday! I love the rooms and I don't think the small kitchens will be a problem. I only hope to get a cheap room! What course are you doing? I'm for Chinese & Portuguese :smile:
Come on everyone - let's get those grades (if you have conditional offers of course :smile:)
Reply 184
Original post by blueyes2091
I applied for North Hill Court yesterday! I love the rooms and I don't think the small kitchens will be a problem. I only hope to get a cheap room! What course are you doing? I'm for Chinese & Portuguese :smile:

Yeah I just want cheap too! NHC is small but even if it's oversubscribed I hope I get a cheap room somewhere else, so I can spend money on other stuff.
I'm doing chemical engineering :smile:
Reply 185
Anybody transferring to Leeds next year (Year of Entry 2)??:biggrin:
Original post by Toshiya
Yeah I just want cheap too! NHC is small but even if it's oversubscribed I hope I get a cheap room somewhere else, so I can spend money on other stuff.
I'm doing chemical engineering :smile:

Hope to see you there, then! :smile:
Getting very, very excited now. First exam on 12th June :biggrin:
Hi, just found this thread and thought i'd join in :biggrin:
I'm on a gap year after unsuccessfully reapplying to vet school, and so have now firmed my unconditional from Leeds to do Genetics and I applied for accommodation in the Tannery, see yas in septmeber XD
Hey! Nanotechnology with Physics!!! See you in September! :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 190
Hiya,

Anyone applying for North Hill Court/Smaller Residences?
xxxx
Reply 191
Original post by holly6946
Hiya,

Anyone applying for North Hill Court/Smaller Residences?
xxxx

I've applied for NHC :smile: bit worried I won't get it because it's so small but it's perfect for me so I put it as first choice, figured I wouldn't get it if I didn't apply so it's worth the risk!
Reply 192
Original post by Toshiya
I've applied for NHC :smile: bit worried I won't get it because it's so small but it's perfect for me so I put it as first choice, figured I wouldn't get it if I didn't apply so it's worth the risk!

Same... if I don't get it I best get Smaller Residences cause I can't afford owt else! What subject you gunna be doing? xxxx
Reply 193
firmed for artificial intelligence :biggrin: AAB
was very excited, exam today may have just ruined it :frown:
good luck everyone !
Reply 194
Same... if I don't get it I best get Smaller Residences cause I can't afford owt else! What subject you gunna be doing? xxxx

Yeah, I hope I get somewhere else cheap!
Chemical engineering :smile: how about you?
Reply 195
Original post by Toshiya
Yeah, I hope I get somewhere else cheap!
Chemical engineering :smile: how about you?

English Literature and Theatre! We couldn't be doing more different degrees hehe. Where else did you apply this yr? xxx
Reply 196
English Literature and Theatre! We couldn't be doing more different degrees hehe. Where else did you apply this yr? xxx

Yeah haha.
I applied to Cardiff for chemistry which is my insurance, plus Teesside, Loughborough and Sheffield :smile: you?
Anybody who is looking to build up their CV with some fresh experience that could open doors to committee positions, internships and fast track graduate applications should get involved with Bright Futures at Leeds University!

Bright Futures Leeds is part of a national society which is all about careers. Getting the right employability skills, making the most of your experiences at university, networking with top employers and finding the right grad job is something we can help you with. We have plenty of opportunities for 1st years too!

If you want to make new friends and get some experience at the same time then consider a Brand Ambassador position.

We’re looking for confident, reliable people with big personalities. You will be working in teams building the Bright Futures Leeds brand on campus and carrying out promotional activities such as flyering, collecting e-mails, putting up posters, doing lecture shout outs, approaching people in the union to tell them about Bright Futures and generally getting in front of peoples faces.

In return we’re offering you cash prizes for the most active Brand Ambassador, an employer reference from our Regional Manager and progression on to committee positions next year. You will also have access to our Bright Futures Network including contacts with top graduate employers we work with, access to fast track applications to internships and graduate roles and opportunities to get a mentor from top firms such as Accenture.

If you are driven to achieve and have a good level of spoken English e-mail [email protected].

Please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BrightFuturesLeeds?ref=ts

And our national website for more info:http://www.brightfutures.co.uk/
Original post by CatherineWall
Me too :biggrin: I've applied for central village though

ahhh you're doing graphic & communication design?! you're the first person i've found :P
Got an unconditional for social science :biggrin: see everyone in September!

Quick Reply

Latest