The Student Room Group

Why is White guy/Asian girl couple so rare??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm sure you're right about yourself and your group of friends (at least in terms of what they tell each other anyway, cultural/peer pressure often at play)

Interesting how no-one else seems to be supporting your view on here tho and how I've been aware of many Asian girls 'noticing' me at uni (and one or two flirting)

When their race is 'European', yes.. otherwise, I'm not so sure (so far as the UK 'dating/mating market' is concerned) - there are all kinds of themes at play..

I'm Asian and i find Latin/Spanish men extremely attractive.Shame, I'm not llowed to get one for myself.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm sure you're right about yourself and your group of friends (at least in terms of what they tell each other anyway, cultural/peer pressure often at play)

Interesting how no-one else seems to be supporting your view on here tho and how I've been aware of many Asian girls 'noticing' me at uni (and one or two flirting)

When their race is 'European', yes.. otherwise, I'm not so sure (so far as the UK 'dating/mating market' is concerned) - there are all kinds of themes at play..

:ahee:

Nobody is supporting my view here because these kind of threads attract the 'I love Whites guys' brigade, who are actually just a tiny minority of the general brown population.

LOL you think only Europeans prefer their own race? Why are White people so delusional? Please get over yourself. Trust me, a lot of White guys also seem to think I flirt with them. I DON'T. YUK. I'm guessing that if you meet me, you'll claim I 'noticed' you too. :rolleyes:
Original post by Foo.mp3

OK, I just came across this thread now... I'm an Indian girl and I also don't find White guys physically attractive. I also agree with what the anon before me said because White guys seem to incorrectly assume I fancy them when I don't!

Maybe the girls you think are noticing/flirting with you have the same problem. It's just your imagination.
I'm a white guy and the only Asian girls I like, are the orientals, other then that I usually stick to white, I find girls from pakistan, bangladesh, india all too complicated because of family and it would never work anyway.
Most of the men I, as a British Pakistani have been attracted to have been White, probably because there are millions more of them in this country than men of my own ethnicity.

Although I've had various flings with them, I wouldn't pursue a serious long term relationship with a White man, it would break my mother's heart and the diaspora would disown me. Besides, I'd always feel awful that he'd have to abide by the rules of my culture- hiding him, not being able to wake up in his arms, sneaking around, not being able to speak on the phone to him in my own house etc.

The goal of many British Pakistani girls is to be married before 25, and my parents are already eyeing up suitable matches in Pakistan. I owe too much to them to let them down by saying no.
Reply 25
They aren't that rare as far as I can see, I know at least three such couples in my small circle of friends.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I like latin women too :smile: Aww, maybe one day eh :h:

I just think it's likely to be the only racial grouping in the UK that by and large prefer their own race to others..

Sorry that you find them so easily confused, and revolting to you.. not sure what it's got to do with the broader picture tho :rolleyes:

Depends - generally you do get a 6th sense for people 'noticing' you, granted it's not infallible :smile:

2 x Anon posters, quite a force is building here.. :tongue: Interesting how both of you felt the need to post anon(?)

If you posted under your regular name we'd be better able to verify your gender/racial/cultural background..

I'm asian and I don't have a racial preference for white guys. Most of my asian friends only like asian guys and some prefer black ones. People only think that because the asian girls who do prefer them tend to mostly have white friends or be very vocal about it and hang around clubs and stuff whereas the other ones tend to be unnoticed-if that makes any sense.
i'm asian and born into a muslim family. I don't like asian guys though and am usually attracted to white guys, I find white guys dont usually like asian girls, or the ones i end up being attracted to anyway!
Original post by Foo.mp3
1. Fear
2. Loathing
3. Los Vegas

Hmm, really? Perhaps culturally, but I'm not sure this holds where you have a 'naturalised' Asian girl.. :beard: Any more Asian girls* wish to comment?

* assuming this Anonymous poster is an Asian girl

cool movie

Anyway, come to think of it I've never seen a white/asian couple here. Interesting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
No, it isn't just a cultural thing. Yes, I am an Asian female (British citizen) and I genuinely don't find White men good looking in the slightest. I just don't like their skin colour, hair colour and facial features: pale blotchy skin, small eyes, thin lips etc. Most of my fellow Asian female friends also feel the same.

Most people prefer their own race - isn't this obvious?

rofl, massive generalisation there :rofl:

I've never really understood how people can say that they don't find a particular race attractive. How can you possibly find every single person of a particular race unattractive when they are all so different? I don't get it, people are strange :dontknow:
Reply 30
I'm surprised there are not more. Ugly Asian women don't exist.
Reply 31
Original post by SleepySheep

I've never really understood how people can say that they don't find a particular race attractive. How can you possibly find every single person of a particular race unattractive when they are all so different? I don't get it, people are strange :dontknow:

they may not like the general features of that race.

People are too PC, I don't see why saying "I don't find x race attractive" is so "offensive".
Original post by SleepySheep

I don't either. Every race beautiful people in it (and ugly ones), (unless for some reason every single member of a particular race started inbreeding for no reason at all and continued to do so for generations... which hopefully will never happen.)
Original post by fazsaban

People are too PC, I don't see why saying "I don't find x race attractive" is so "offensive".

But the thing is features vary within races, not everyone has the same features.

e.g.:
MIA-chris-brown-2.jpgMona-Lisa1.jpgMadhuri-Dixit-beautiful-indian-women.pngaishwarya_rai_threading808.jpgLakshmi_Menon_6.jpg41592_75320422144_1816_n.jpgFree-Shriya-Saran-Wallpapers-3.jpg3.jpgmost_beautiful_indian_woman_Ashleysha-Yesugade.gifbipasha-basu-hot.jpg
I find some Indian girls attractive. :smile: Always enjoy a hot curry too. :biggrin:
Reply 35
Original post by Anonymous
We're not missing anything since we prefer men of our own race.

Speak for yourself :P
Original post by fazsaban

I didn't say it was offensive. I don't think it's offensive, I just don't understand it. The 'general features' thing is a bit of a cop-out as not every person is going to have those features.

Original post by darkxangel
I don't either. Every race beautiful people in it (and ugly ones), (unless for some reason every single member of a particular race started inbreeding for no reason at all and continued to do so for generations... which hopefully will never happen.)

Exactly. I've seen unbelieveably attractive people of every race. Plus it's not just about looks anyway :laugh:
Reply 37
Original post by darkxangel
I'm asian and I don't have a racial preference for white guys. Most of my asian friends only like asian guys and some prefer black ones. People only think that because the asian girls who do prefer them tend to mostly have white friends or be very vocal about it and hang around clubs and stuff whereas the other ones tend to be unnoticed-if that makes any sense.

I agree. 45% of my school is south asian (actual stat) and there's an obvious segregation. Having said that, for some reason, the south-asian community in Glasgow is awfully close-knit. I'm the only asian in the entire school who doesn't have asian friends. And I'm described as 'racist to (my) own race' :P.

I think it's a cultural thing. The girls will have grown up knowing that their parents would never accept a white son-in-law so they've just sort of learned to prefer it? I don't really understand it, I tend not to like south-asian guys/girls. But I think it's a Glasgow thing to be honest. I found London wasn't as intense in this way.

To be honest, OP, you probably don't want to be with the kind of girls I know that prefer south-asian guys.

EDIT: I hope no-one takes offense to that. There will be many interesting south-asians I'm sure. I just haven't met many.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Not sure that's related to any of my comments - at no point have I suggested that white guys are more desirable to ethnic minorities :erm: reallly, it didn't sound like that, but i think i understand what you meant now.

Are they fully integrated and truly naturalised? I do think that once you take minorities out of host communities, fully integrate them and they take on the full flavour of Britishness that people are far more open to mixing :smile:

Yeah salience plays a part in how we form judgements but equally there are undoubtedly many themes at play with those who claim to only like Asian guys too - maturity being another one

Wouldn't know, couldn't take more than 5 mins of it.. think it'd have helped had I been stoned :bandit:

P.S. Trust you to turn up just as I'm bigging up latinos, you tart :tongue:

TBH honest personality and etc aside I'm pretty sure that most people don't have racial preferences even if they think they do. (by personality i mean that a white british person would obviously not be attracted to someone rom a tiny village in a really poor country who barely speaks english and dresses weirdly etc - if you get what i mean.) But yh the gilrs who claim that they only like white guys tend to do that to rebel against their parents :rolleyes: and the ones who claim that they only like asians tend to be quite defensive about their race.
Reply 39
My Husband is not the same race as me. I am of Indian origin born in the UK and my husband is White. I know a few couple like this where I live.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending