The Student Room Group

I posted my controlled assessment online D: ?

Um,ok this is kind of embarassing. I dont know how I could be so stupid but I did it :/.

We made a plan at school of what we were going to write and I had a story in my head so I wrote it on yahoo answeres (of all places) for feedback. I then wrote the story I had in the controlled assesment exactly the same as what I had posted online as I had wrote some sentances and words on my plan.

This was over a year ago,I didnt even know about how bad this could turn out.I actually forgot that I had posted it online, I have deleted my account but the question is still there and I even asked it more than once and the thought just entered my head when I had finished all my controlled assessments,and everyones CA's are now being moderated by the english teachers.

Im so scared, whats going to happen :frown: ? I know its my own fault and whatever happens its because of my own stupidity,but I do really like English ! Im so angry at myself I have barely even slept the past couple of days.

Scroll to see replies

Pray yours doesnt get sent off to the exam board,or your'e screwed. Im wondering why you did this, its stange to say the least, anyway whats done is done, theres no point losing sleep,thats not gonna help you at all.
Original post by _Maddiee_
then wrote the story I had in the controlled assesment exactly the same as what I had posted online as I had wrote some sentances and words on my plan.

Out of interest was it word for word?, keep me updated about the outcome whatever happens. Good luck.
Reply 3
Um,ok this is kind of embarassing. I dont know how I could be so stupid but I did it :/.

We made a plan at school of what we were going to write and I had a story in my head so I wrote it on yahoo answeres (of all places) for feedback. I then wrote the story I had in the controlled assesment exactly the same as what I had posted online as I had wrote some sentances and words on my plan.

This was over a year ago,I didnt even know about how bad this could turn out.I actually forgot that I had posted it online, I have deleted my account but the question is still there and I even asked it more than once and the thought just entered my head when I had finished all my controlled assessments,and everyones CA's are now being moderated by the english teachers.

Im so scared, whats going to happen :frown: ? I know its my own fault and whatever happens its because of my own stupidity,but I do really like English ! Im so angry at myself I have barely even slept the past couple of days.

:fatcontroller:...:facepalm:
Anyways, I hope your work doesn't get sent off to the exam board!!
Reply 4
You should be fine if it's getting moderated by the teachers, but if yours is one of the ones that gets sent to the exam board then there is a chance they'll find out. You could try emailing yahoo and asking them to delete it?
Reply 5
Original post by SparkleDust231
Out of interest was it word for word?, keep me updated about the outcome whatever happens. Good luck.

Pretty much! :mad: , Thankyou I will, im so nervous D:, I nearly fainted in English when my teacher called me to her desk, I only had to go and take a note to the other teacher,this is even before the exam board have asked for samples.Im going crazy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Fzer0X
:fatcontroller:...:facepalm:
Anyways, I hope your work doesn't get sent off to the exam board!!

Not as much as I do, I have 5 other GCSEs with the same exam board!, Im hoping my really bad spelling and handwriting on it, will show I havent stolen anything, it was my first controlled assessment and you can sense my anxiety on the pages lol.
Reply 7
Original post by Deziah
You should be fine if it's getting moderated by the teachers, but if yours is one of the ones that gets sent to the exam board then there is a chance they'll find out. You could try emailing yahoo and asking them to delete it?

Thanks for the suggestion, I emailed them and they said they would only delete a question if it violated the community guidelines and it doesnt. :frown:
Try and relax though, there's probably a way to prove that it was you that posted it online in the first place?
Reply 9
Original post by TheRandomer
Try and relax though, there's probably a way to prove that it was you that posted it online in the first place?

The question on Y!A says a year ago. I actually posted it in 2010 when I did my CA, the account got deleted,the name isnt identifiable to me. Do exam boards check automatically or do they have to suspect something first.

Thanks,
The exam board have software that will search the internet for matching sentences/phrases of your work... if your work is sent off for moderation, you're screwed and they WILL find out. Avoid all this worry and tell your teacher. If not, ask to resit it and they will send off the one you get a higher mark on. It will be a lot of work, but it will put your mind at rest. Are you in Year 10 or 11 by the way? If you're in Year 10 then definately resit it, otherwise if you're in year 11 focus on your summer exams.
Reply 11
if its sent off to the exam board id pray for a miracle im afraid ...
if its just to the teachers it shouldnt be to bad though, if they do notice you might be able to prove that it was yours to start off with but im not sure.
good luck regardless
sentances

Based on this, you probably failed anyway.

Pet peeve.
Reply 13
I'm sure you can delete questions, I did a few weeks ago on Y! Answers..?
Reply 14
You can delete your posts, but you said that your question was still on there which is confusing..

Give us the link perhaps and we can all report the question under plagiarism if you can do that and then hopefully it will be off..

They do pick up on these things though, maybe speak to your teacher and tell her the situation..
Reply 15
Original post by cmoore094
You can delete your posts, but you said that your question was still on there which is confusing..

Give us the link perhaps and we can all report the question under plagiarism if you can do that and then hopefully it will be off..

They do pick up on these things though, maybe speak to your teacher and tell her the situation..

The question is resolved and apparently this means that they belong to Yahoo,and cant be deleted unless they violate the guidelines. Also, I dont have that account anymore & I also discovered earlier today that yahoo gives questions to other sites. I think im just screwed. I did post it 4 times on yahoo answers :/ . Ive tried emailing yahoo,but they keep saying they wont delete the questions :/ & I think they look at the question first ?
Reply 16
Original post by starkey
I'm sure you can delete questions, I did a few weeks ago on Y! Answers..?

There resolved questions so can only be deleted if they violate the guidelines :frown:
Reply 17
If you go on to your exam board's website, it should have a specification, and in there it should have something about malpractice- AQA certainly does. If you look at that then decide what to do from there. It may just say that cases should be dealt with internally before they get sent off, in which case just talk to your teachers and resit? This is what it says on the AQA English Language spec:

Malpractice in Controlled Assessments discovered
prior to the candidate signing the declaration of
authentication need not be reported to us, but should
be dealt with in accordance with the centre’s internal
procedures. We would expect centres to treat such
cases very seriously. Details of any work which is not
the candidate’s own must be recorded on the
Candidate Record Form or other appropriate place.
Reply 18
Out of every class ~ 5 pupils (Usually 3 top students and 2 lesser ones) get sent off to the exam board to check that the teacher is marking correctly. But they will also run the essay through a program to check for plagarism.

Goodluck....
Reply 19
I wanna know did you actually get caught ? Was your paper being sent off to exam board ??

Quick Reply

Latest