The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purplefrog
For those in clinics right now, do you remember most of the anatomy you're taught from the top of your head (all the insertions, origins, actions, innervations, blood supplies etc)?

I feel so depressed with my anatomy learning so far and 1st year anatomy isn't anywhere near as confusing as 2nd year for us (we cover thorax, abdo and perineum in Y1, the rest in Y2). I just can't remember it and the questions make me feel like crying :frown:

Oooh! I'll have to check this out sometime soon. I was too young to care/ was unaware when BodyWorlds was out, but I remember being shown one of his shows in Biology. Certainly seems like it is worth a visit :smile:

Wish i was in your position!

Throax, Abdo, Upper + Lower Limb, Head, Neck.

All in one module!
Original post by gozatron
Wish i was in your position!

Throax, Abdo, Upper + Lower Limb, Head, Neck.

All in one module!

Isn't that the whole body?! (Or have I missed something out.... hopefully not :tongue:)
I know Cambridge to all their anatomy in first year too. Wish you the best of luck though :smile: I'm certain you're miles better at clicking with it than I am.
Isn't that the whole body?! (Or have I missed something out.... hopefully not :tongue:)
I know Cambridge to all their anatomy in first year too. Wish you the best of luck though :smile: I'm certain you're miles better at clicking with it than I am.

Pelvis and perineum, far too important too miss :wink:
Original post by Mushi_master
Pelvis and perineum, far too important too miss :wink:

:getmecoat: *goes and hides in a deep, dark hole*
:getmecoat: *goes and hides in a deep, dark hole*

Intentional? :lol:
Original post by Mushi_master
Intentional? :lol:

haha, wish it was :tongue: certainly has brightened me up a little though!
Original post by Kinkerz
Origins and insertions :rofl:

PRSOM.

My Sentiments exactly.

Was/is some of the most useless information I have ever learnt./read./looked at.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 847
Original post by John Locke
i don't remember 1st year anatomy as a second year..

Feel your pain. Wait until you get to fourth year and you have to start using everything you've learned.
Does anyone have access to this please?

Clinical Oral Investigations
Volume 13, Number 4, 427-438, DOI: 10.1007/s00784-009-0258-4
Investigations on mechanical behaviour of dental composites
Nicoleta Ilie and Reinhard Hickel
Reply 849
Original post by Becca-Sarah

should be attached :redface:

also, incase anyone was wondering, after much deliberation, I've finally reached the scientific conclusion that funk > physics.

Original post by Becca-Sarah

Do you not? :lolwut:
Ta, guys :h:
For those in clinics right now, do you remember most of the anatomy you're taught from the top of your head (all the insertions, origins, actions, innervations, blood supplies etc)?

I feel so depressed with my anatomy learning so far and 1st year anatomy isn't anywhere near as confusing as 2nd year for us (we cover thorax, abdo and perineum in Y1, the rest in Y2). I just can't remember it and the questions make me feel like crying :frown:

That's where mnemonics come in useful. I remember basic details. That's not too bad, we had all of anatomy (except 'Head and neck' which we did in Semester 4) in our first year as one module in Semester 2. That was not fun.

I'd concentrate on the clinical aspects and the rest but not so much origins and insertions. But mnemonics are incredibly useful.
does anyone have access to this paper please?

Richard T. White - International Journal of Science Education, Volume 18, Issue 7, 1996, The link between the laboratory and learning, pages 761-774
DOI:10.1080/0950069960180703
Reply 855
Original post by Medicine Man

Richard T. White - International Journal of Science Education, Volume 18, Issue 7, 1996, The link between the laboratory and learning, pages 761-774

Do you have a PMID?

Just lol

LOL.jpg

Wasn't sure if anyone had sent this already, but if not here you go!
Reply 858

PLoS is doing quite well with this model. Although having said that it charges 1500 for publication in PLoS Biology, but then that subsidises PLoS One. I think it would be cheaper for research and journals if this was adopted - the reason for the expense is because the publishing houses have to run at a profit - if they turned to just running to break even, with subscribers chipping in to maintain printing and online costs, that would be a massive benefit.

It's perfectly doable, journal owners just don't want to - look at ArXiv for maths physics and computer science, cooperative, almost forum model with a filtering system for people to upload papers (usually academics get nodded through) - but then they can upload whatever they like and the community as a whole sits in peer review. Landmark papers have been published there instead of going to conventional journals - Perelman for example uploaded his papers on Thurston's Geometrization on there...
Does anyone have access to this?

Am J Med. 2009 Nov;122(11):1023-8.
Risk factors for heart failure: a population-based case-control study.

Latest

Trending

Trending