The Student Room Group

Access To Allied Health Professions and Nursing EXAMs question?

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing a distance access course to allied health professions and nursing.. I am currently on the psychology units.. I wondered if anyone had any idea what the exams are like? i have 3 to sit, Psychology, Biology and Health.. Are they hard.. etc etc? Anyone sat the exams at all?

thanks in advance for any info :smile:

Kerry
Hi Hun, which institute are you doing the Access course with? My sister did an access course to health and her exams where multiple choice questions for her biology modules with a few written questions. For her psychology exams she had to do an essay on a question regarding the unit. Which psychology unit are you doing?

I'm assuming you will have to go into a test centre thing to take your exams because you are doing a distant learnt course?!?

I am thinking of doing an access course to allied health professions at Manchester college this year to get into OT.

I'm sorry i can't be of more help.

Let me know how you get on xx
(edited 12 years ago)
The exams for Access to HE will vary depending on your institution as they are set by your tutors. You will probably get a better response from asking your tutors and/or previous students at your college.
Reply 3
Hi everyone, I am doing the access to allied health professions at manchester college distance learning.. I Just found the questions for the Psychology exam in one of the modules ..hidden away.. It's various questions and one essay. You are allowed to take in 1 A4 sheet of paper with notes but you are not allowed to copy your notes. My exam is 4th May and yes I will need to go somewhere to sit the exam but I don't know where yet! To be honest wish they would hurry up and tell me where. I need to sit my exam 4 weeks before everyone else on the course because I can't get to Manchester to sit it at the Manchester college.. so 4th May has been the date given or if I want I could sit at at end of may but i need to find my own invigilator.
Reply 4
p.s & yes I am doing this course in order to get into OT as well :smile: @That's so Fetch which uni will you be applying to?I am applying to QMU in Edinburgh.
Original post by lambchopikins
p.s & yes I am doing this course in order to get into OT as well :smile: @That's so Fetch which uni will you be applying to?I am applying to QMU in Edinburgh.

Hi hun, i've just sent you a PM :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending