The Student Room Group

I go to a Boys School

Basically I am in a Boys School - quite a good one... but not revealing it her. My aim is to go to Cambridge to study Engineering.
But the thing is in my school I have quite a lot of friends - but they are not quite as close (not being a homo, but I mean I don't have as such "Best" friends). One of my friends was in the same primary school as I was and he is the closest friend I have.
So I am worried when I get into Uni, will I struggle in getting friends? esp. as there will be girls there and I am not that extrovert, esp around girls because I haven't had the exposure so I don't want to seem gay.

Any help guys?
I'm sure you'll be fine. Most people over the age of 12 don't assume everyone at a same sex school is homosexual.

Just try to think of girls as people. That may sound dumb, but try to see them as genderless and potential friends rather than possible girlfriends first. Join clubs or organisations that you really like to find people with similar interests. It will make conversations easier and you'll start to gain confidence with new people.
Original post by Ladyliesel
I'm sure you'll be fine. Most people over the age of 12 don't assume everyone at a same sex school is homosexual.

Just try to think of girls as people. That may sound dumb, but try to see them as genderless and potential friends rather than possible girlfriends first. Join clubs or organisations that you really like to find people with similar interests. It will make conversations easier and you'll start to gain confidence with new people.

Absolutely spot on. :smile:

OP, just be as friendly to girls you meet as you are to guys and have been to guys. Some of my best friends are girls, so they're definitely not out to get you or anything. I absolutely agree with the advice to see them as potential friends rather than girlfriends first though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending