The Student Room Group

I'm always tempted to Cheat on my girlfriend, but am terrified I will get an STD.

Changed my mind.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So why are you with her when you want to be single?
Reply 2
Pretty selfish imo...
Reply 3
Original post by HighRoller
I am a man and men get urges. And I don't want to be single.

You have to be kidding
Reply 4
You could just knock one out in proximity to a girl you want to cheat on your girlfriend with. That would solve the STD dilemma you're facing; however, I highly doubt it would make you any less of a knob jockey. It's a tough one. :rolleyes:
And I don't want to be single.

Do you have a confidence problem here? There's nothing wrong with being single you know man.

Also, break up with the girl, I'm sure she doesn't deserve to be used for your 'urges'. Just go masturbate or something.
Reply 6

That's incredibly selfish. You want to sleep around but you don't want to be single? If you really cared about your girlfriend you would consider her feelings on this matter. I can only iamgine that she'd be deeply hurt and upset by your actions. Wouldn't you be upset if your gf was sleeping around? Judging from what you've said I'd say you're not ready for a serious relationship - so be kind to your girlfriend. Tell her exactly that, and that you care for her and don't want her to be hurt. Set her free...it's the best thing to do.
Reply 7

Hello? you have a girlfriend to satisfy your man urges with.
Anyway what's wrong with being single? geez... it's not contagious or something like that.
Reply 8
Have you been watching too much Geordie Shore? C'mon, Get a grip.

You talk about being a man, but if you were really one you would be able to make a decision and decide whether you want to be in a relationship to fulfill 'male urges' or be single to fulfill 'male urges'.

Or don't you want to be single because you're scared your 'male urges' will be ultimately be fulfilled by that right hand of yours?
Reply 9
Maybe I didn't make it clear friends, I wanted to know how I can get over this fear of catching a disease. That's all.

I'm not really looking for moral advice on the matter to be honest, but thanks for the replies.

Edit: Wow I can't believe how much neg rep i'm getting for this. Wasn't expecting that.

Apologies for double post but if you were really only concerned about getting an STD then this is my advice..

Stick with your girlfriend and you'll avoid getting STD's OR 'pull girls' sensibly.

Don't do both, your girlfriend doesn't deserve the STD you get for cheating, and if that's the case you do deserve it.
Reply 10
I always see guys out there having fun and I get so jealous. I even know for a fact some guys are cheats and they don't seem to car. But i'm stuck with my old gf.

Why? Because for some reason whenever I actually have an opportunity to get laid, when there's a stunning girl i'd love to approach or esp when there's a girl clearly interested in me, at the back of my mind at that precise moment my mind just goes "STDS/HIV STAY WELL AWAY" and it just completely strikes me down. And it just constantly picks at my brain until I basically just get fed up and don't bother.

I like my gf and i'm not saying she doesn't satisfy me, but like I said there are guys out there pulling different girls all the time. And i'm just stuck with one. And it makes me really jealous and I just feel like i'm missing out on something.

Why is this happening to me?

I know you can use a condom, but it doesn't seem like enough to persuade my brain or whatever creates these haunting thoughts - it just convinces me that condoms aren't 100% fool proof and it isn't worth the risk. These aren't voices in my head by the way, they're just thoughts but that's how I end up interpreting them whether I like it or not.

Get a grip! If you don't want your 'same old gf' then get rid and move on! People like you make me sick. What happened to loyal partners? Grrrr....
Reply 11
Please end things with your Girlfriend, she deserves much better than you!
Reply 12
you go on about being a 'man' yet you want to cheat...hardly the most manly thing you can do mate
ask your misses if she can help you with this and im sure shes going to tell you were you can go
dieases are just out there you can do much about them just take every procaution
personally i think your an arse and your misses should get rid cause lets face it you hardly seem like the nicest bloke in the world
Reply 13
Original post by Converse Rocker
Do you have a confidence problem here? There's nothing wrong with being single you know man.

Also, break up with the girl, I'm sure she doesn't deserve to be used for your 'urges'. Just go masturbate or something.

yeah cos masturbatin = sex
Reply 14
wow your a ****

You deserve an STD, but please, break up with your poor girlfriend, who can do much better than you, before you go and catch one. Ta
Reply 15
When I see this kind of threads I always think first if this is a joke or not because this seems so unreal.

But just to answer the OP`s question, if he is serious maybe.. Well.. I decided not to answer it :biggrin:. Sometimes silence tells much more than words :cool:
Reply 16
I will LOL if his girlfriend has been cheating on him all this time. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
If you want to have sex with other girls that aren't your girlfriend, you need to break up with your girlfriend.
I doubt you'll get advice on how to get over your STD fear, as little or no people will want to encourage you to cheat.
It's not fair on your girlfriend. She deserves a lot better than you just staying with her purely because you want sex and don't want to be single.
Reply 18
Maybe I didn't make it clear friends, I wanted to know how I can get over this fear of catching a disease. That's all.

I'm not really looking for moral advice on the matter to be honest, but thanks for the replies.

I can't believe how much neg rep i'm getting for this. Wasn't expecting that.

Edit: though since some of you like to take the moral high ground perhaps you'd like to tell me how I can get over this jealousy of seeing other guys with multiple partners?

Try manning up.
Reply 19
I never said that it's purely for sex and security did I? Or at least that's not what I meant to say.
Thing is she has bouts of depression and has for a while due to family issues (her dad leaving her mum and cutting off ties with them) and I stood by her the whole time, supporting her and helping her pull though. And guess how long we have been together - almost 3 years. And I have never cheated once during this time. Never!

So don't think you can sit their judge me when you only know half the story.

So when she's not in the mood to go out because of this, but I am and my mates are really getting into some birds and end up getting in a taxi with them, can you really blame me for feeling left out?

So after three years of being faithful to her and being someone she trusted, after all that effort, you want to tear everything down because you feel 'left out'? HA! WTF is wrong with you? The best way to not get an STD is to not do it. We live in a world with FB and Twitter etc. she will find out even if you don't catch anything.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending