The Student Room Group

The Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

His old sifu has yet to confirm that I can just turn up, sign an "injury waiver" and then fight in the "sparring room". Sounds like the makings of a dodgy horror film.
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
what can is say, im doing evrything i can to make it happen, but its generally unlikely when you are dealing with internet judo and wrestling kiddies that spend their time talking out their backsides about martial arts on the internet. Obviously you are older so should know better, but clearly just developed the habit acting like a child. Why not back your words and theories up? Didnt i read a post from you before that you are coming to live in the UK in a few weeks anyway, funny how you dont mention that now ...

I don't see why he wouldn't - he could just get some guys from his gym to corner him if he lives locally and then nothing to be scared of in regards to stabbing or whatever he was going on about.

I'm coming back sometime in May, most likely. And that was in this thread, a few pages back.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Einheri
I don't see why he wouldn't - he could just get some guys from his gym to corner him if he lives locally and then nothing to be scared of in regards to stabbing or whatever he was going on about.

I'm coming back sometime in May, most likely. And that was in this thread, a few pages back.

OK, so May then ?
OK, so May then ?

I just said that, didn't I?
Original post by Einheri
I just said that, didn't I?

where are you staying. can aways get a cheap megabus ticket down to london for 3 quid. i dont mind covering that.
where are you staying. can aways get a cheap megabus ticket down to london for 3 quid. i dont mind covering that.

I don't know; I don't even have the flight or a date booked yet. The flight'll be to gatwick I think. I'll PM you when I do.
Original post by Einheri
I don't know; I don't even have the flight or a date booked yet. The flight'll be to gatwick I think. I'll PM you when I do.

Yeh come straight from gatwick, thatl be nearer. Then instead of blaming people other people for 'pussing out' you can explain your theories to me directly.
Yeh come straight from gatwick, thatl be nearer. Then instead of blaming people other people for 'pussing out' you can explain your theories to me directly.

See you then.
Can I film these fights?

This could seriously be the funniest thing ever.

I haven't posted for a while, been busy sorting stuff out. I'm having hip surgery in late June with an amazing surgeon so it should go really well and sort my hip impingement out for good. I've also screwed up the muscles around it by pushing my hips too hard or something. Will be back to full fighting in October probably but will have to do rehab throughout the summer which is a shame because I was meant to be having a fight then :frown:
Original post by Dr. Bassman
Can I film these fights?

This could seriously be the funniest thing ever.

I haven't posted for a while, been busy sorting stuff out. I'm having hip surgery in late June with an amazing surgeon so it should go really well and sort my hip impingement out for good. I've also screwed up the muscles around it by pushing my hips too hard or something. Will be back to full fighting in October probably but will have to do rehab throughout the summer which is a shame because I was meant to be having a fight then :frown:

You need more mats and cushions for your judo play
Reply 1410

You failed to answer my question lol :tongue:..

so let me ask again as i was wondering.. why doesn't wrestling fit into the definition of "application of science within combat" as that what you described martial arts as right? :smile:

Do you know what a hip impingement is?
Do you know what a hip impingement is?

Should i? Some killer judo move? I dont play judo as you know
Should i? Some killer judo move? I dont play judo as you know

It's a bone deformation in short... I'm not a physio/doctor so I can't explain perfectly but it's not an injury. It's something I've always had.
It's a bone deformation in short... I'm not a physio/doctor so I can't explain perfectly but it's not an injury. It's something I've always had.

im not a doctor either but would think playing at judo isnt the smartest idea thing to do then. why not try some martial arts
Reply 1415
^ This guy has 16 years of 'Martial Arts' Experience. LOL. -_-
im not a doctor either but would think playing at judo isnt the smartest idea thing to do then. why not try some martial arts

The judo was fine for it. Kickboxing made it a lot worse though. I've stopped doing martial arts (except some boxing) until I've recovered from surgery. Judo started becoming a problem when my legs would split if someone went for a throw.

Anyway, the surgery should sort it out and I'll be able to do a lot of stuff I physically couldn't do before which should be sweet.

EDIT:

Everyone be really passive aggressive laawl.
The judo was fine for it. Kickboxing made it a lot worse though. I've stopped doing martial arts (except some boxing) until I've recovered from surgery. Judo started becoming a problem when my legs would split if someone went for a throw.

Anyway, the surgery should sort it out and I'll be able to do a lot of stuff I physically couldn't do before which should be sweet.

EDIT:

Everyone be really passive aggressive laawl.

Id never make fun of a disability. fair enough, you could just go with muay thai without throwing any knees i suppose.
Id never make fun of a disability. fair enough, you could just go with muay thai without throwing any knees i suppose.

It's not exactly a disability. It's just a bone structure problem which surgery ought to fix. It's not particularly rare. Muay thai is no good either, anything that requires kicks is no good at the moment.

http://www.noc.nhs.uk/hipandknee/information/hip/images/hip-impingement.gif

Mine is a sort of mixed one with muscle damage as well.

The problem comes whenever I need to split my legs so roundhouse kicks, side kicks are actually impossible, let alone painful. Knees are actually fine on my right leg (the problem is on my left hip) but I have problems on both legs when I do any legs that require me splitting my legs. I also have problems doing front kicks and axe kicks, I can't do them on my left leg but i've reached a point of flexibility where the hip is blocking movement in my right leg too.

It got pretty bad around december when I started training almost everyday and started damaging the muscle. I started noticing it when stepping over things etc. Took me four whole months to get a date for surgery (well technically I don't have an exact date but i've agreed with the surgeon on the general time, just has to be confirmed now).
It's not exactly a disability. It's just a bone structure problem which surgery ought to fix. It's not particularly rare. Muay thai is no good either, anything that requires kicks is no good at the moment.

http://www.noc.nhs.uk/hipandknee/information/hip/images/hip-impingement.gif

Mine is a sort of mixed one with muscle damage as well.

The problem comes whenever I need to split my legs so roundhouse kicks, side kicks are actually impossible, let alone painful. Knees are actually fine on my right leg (the problem is on my left hip) but I have problems on both legs when I do any legs that require me splitting my legs. I also have problems doing front kicks and axe kicks, I can't do them on my left leg but i've reached a point of flexibility where the hip is blocking movement in my right leg too.

It got pretty bad around december when I started training almost everyday and started damaging the muscle. I started noticing it when stepping over things etc. Took me four whole months to get a date for surgery (well technically I don't have an exact date but i've agreed with the surgeon on the general time, just has to be confirmed now).

No disrespect but are you sure martial arts are for you?

Anyway if this fight happens I want to be there to record it lol

Quick Reply

Latest