The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Adopting a martial art society

Hello, is anyone else interesting in adopting a martial arts society? They have judo and kickboxing under the adopt a society or we could possibly make a karate/taekwondo one if they'd let us? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Caitlin9801
Hello, is anyone else interesting in adopting a martial arts society? They have judo and kickboxing under the adopt a society or we could possibly make a karate/taekwondo one if they'd let us? Thanks :smile:

Hi @Caitlin9801,

Great you are wanting to start your own society! According to the Students Union website, to create a society, you will need to complete an application form (available on their website) detailing:
-The name of your group
-Brief description of your group
-Student Group Category
-Your planned activities
-Your committee members (At least 3 dommittee members is needed in the roles of President, Treasurer and Wellbeing & Inclusion Ambassador
-You will also upload a copy of your constitution which outlines information like any extra roles you would like and the aims of your group.

I hope this helps and good luck!

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Officer)
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi @Caitlin9801,

Great you are wanting to start your own society! According to the Students Union website, to create a society, you will need to complete an application form (available on their website) detailing:
-The name of your group
-Brief description of your group
-Student Group Category
-Your planned activities
-Your committee members (At least 3 dommittee members is needed in the roles of President, Treasurer and Wellbeing & Inclusion Ambassador
-You will also upload a copy of your constitution which outlines information like any extra roles you would like and the aims of your group.

I hope this helps and good luck!

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Officer)

Thank you. Do you have any idea where else I could look for people to form a society? Not getting much luck at the minute
Original post by Caitlin9801
Thank you. Do you have any idea where else I could look for people to form a society? Not getting much luck at the minute

Hi @Caitlin9801

I would suggest asking fellow students on your course, also maybe put up some flyers around sports hall area and the university gym advertising for the society and find two more people who would be interested in starting up this society with you :smile:

Sumayyah
(UK Student Recruitment Assistant)
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending