The Student Room Group

India is about to hang someone.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rajoana
We will forgive and forget when its actually over, the events of 1984 continue to this day without break.
we will forgive and forget when
-the hundreds of sikhs rotting in indian jails for years for no apparent reason are released (check out www.prisonerwelfare.com) for more info
-the instigators of the 1984 anti sikh pogroms are convincted and justice served
-the widows of all innocent sikhs killed are treated with humanity and not left to rot in ghettos while their children are forced into prostitution and drug addiction
-when the death penalty stops being applied specially to sikhs
-when sikhs are actually recognised as an independent religion in the Indian Constitution, allowing us to marry in india without being called a hindu on the marriage certificate
-and a whole host more of the most basic demands.

I have nothing against Hindus and neither does the Sikh community as a whole.

Then why do people not differenciate between the corrupt politicians and the common man?
Original post by sachinisgod
oh yeah we have never been on the receiving end :rolleyes:.. forced conversions and murders by mughals. Attroctites by the Britishers during the Raj, countless terrorist attacks against temples and people in general. Getting pulled of buses and shot, trains blown up in Punjab.

My dear this is all in India, I wont even go into the persucutions and attacks faced by minorites in Pakistan, Bangladesh etc.

By logic we should never forget 600 years worth of injustice but erm... we do because we want to move on from the past.

95% of the stuff you have said has happened to Sikhs to, so I dont see your point. Which train was blown up in Panjab?
Original post by okapobcfc08
95% of the stuff you have said has happened to Sikhs to, so I dont see your point. Which train was blown up in Panjab?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punjab_insurgency

Scroll down to 1991
Reply 143
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Just because people don't want him to be executed, it still doesn't excuse him for playing a role in an assassination.

With this cretinous logic of yours' you'd have had those who tried to assassinate Hitler, to be hung too. :rolleyes:
Reply 144
He's been given an order of stay. It won't go ahead on the 31st. Fateh to the Jinda Shaheed! [Living Martyr]
(edited 12 years ago)

I hate innocent being killed, but this was also another incident which was falsely blamed on khalistanis

"ut no separatist group has acknowledged involvement and there is no independent evidence."

more like alam's black cats that did it
Reply 146
Original post by Rajoana
True.

Interesting quotes by famous Indian politicians (including Prime Ministers)

" To preserve the unity of India, if we have to eradicate 2-kror [ 20 millions ] Sikhs, we will do so. (Balram Jhakhar, a colleague of P.V. Narsimharao, the former Indian Prime Minister)

" The Sikhs are a lawless people and a menace to the law abiding Hindus ... The [Government] should take strict measures against them." (Pandit Nehru, Indian Prime Minister, on Sikhs)

"Kya main taqat dushman (the enemy -the Sikhs) ke haath main de dun (How can I entrust power into the hands of the enemies)." (Jawahar Lal Nehru, 1961)

" I hate the very physique of a Sikh because of the turban and beard. " (Vallabh Bhai Patel, late Indian top politician)

"I don't give a damn if the Golden Temple and whole of Amritsar are destroyed, I want Bhindranwale dead." (Indira Gandhi, Indian Prime Minister, communicating with Gen. Vaidya during "Operation Blue Star")

"We have broken the back of the Sikhs and we will get them elsewhere." (M. M. K. Wali, Indian Foreign Secretary, June 7, 1984, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Radio 740, As It Happens)

"Let us teach these bastards (the Sikhs) a lesson." (Rajiv Gandhi, October 31, 1984)

"... a threat to the villagers that all males would be killed and their women taken to army camps to breed a new race if there was any militant activity in their village." (Brig. R. P. Sinha, Indian Army, March 8, 1991)

"You do not know the might of our armed forces. We will eliminate 10,000 Sikh youths and the world will know nothing about it." (Chander Shekhar, former Prime Minister of India, CK, 21st October, 1991)

Do you have references for these quotes? Not links to forums or blogs...
Reply 147
Original post by MirandaPanda
So? It is a significant number, or just a handful of enthusiastic people? Its the latter (heck only a handful of Sikhs are expected to turn up today at Westminster), which means nothing in the grand scale of things. Stop making it sound like the majoirty of Sikhs from around the world are up in arms about this issue and thus protesting, b/c most of them are not :rolleyes:

Again, so? Are a majority of households doing this? If so, where is the evidence to support this? The point I'm responding to is not that NO Sikhs are protesting about this issue, but that its only a minority who are doing so.

LOL! The Sikh TV Channel I'm assuming? A channel which has nothing better to show on normal days, let alone today, where they are just showing repeats of the same segment hour after hour?

No, it takes a simple dose of reality to realise that you're the one who is in fact, wrong.

It's amusing that you're dismissing what I'm saying and claiming I have no statistical evidence to support it, while you yourself make claims that lack evidence- "that's only a minority that are doing so". It's very hard to take you seriously when you don't understand what you're talking about.
i fail to see the cause for uproar over this ... places like the China, the USA, Japan and much of Africa and the middle east execute people relatively regularly and for far lesser crimes the fact India is executing a convicted Assassin who took out a a person high ranking in indias political system is, if you ask me, nothing to quibble over.
Reply 149
In regards to this topic. It's good that people are discussing this issue...Regardless of what faith you are or where you from, everyone has the right to know if injustice is being done but please people bare in mind that things you read or listen too maybe and I repeat this word again...."MAYBE" be TRUE or FALSE! I have heard many stories from both sides of those who support the movement and those who oppose the movement and the only thing I do is attempt to find it for myself to see if it is true. I'm writing this message to those young'un who may react angrily based on what is being told to them from BOTH sides and urge YOU to look up onto your resources. If you cant back it up (whether is from a text,audio or Video) do not consider it as a authentic fact.

I personally am both pleased and displeased about what is currently happening in India at this present moment.

Good Side:

1. People can finally record events on videos and easily able to distribute it world wide.....If you know someone in India who is in the middle of all this but not familiar on how to record and/or upload....TEACH THEM...SHOW THEM. The sad thing during 84 was that Media was completely locked off which led to various "reasons" from both sides.

2. Channels like Sangat and the Sikh Channel are very valuable as they are at least attempting to show the truth via Live footages. Do not gun them down by saying..."Oh they keep repeating the same stuff again!"....If things were getting really crazy in Punjab then these stations would have been flooded with footages! Its just that filiming and uploading may not be commonly used there! BTW THEY repeat STUFF because they know that they always come across new viewers who would like to know the facts clearly instead of just staring at the screen looking at the not so entertaining adverts (lol).

Bad Point:

1.Certain young folks may not understand the current situation and may become over excited by directly blaming the other side..As stated before do your own research....you heard something from someone? ask them where they got that info from or check yourself! Dont jump into conclusions

Now i know some will say..." I know my facts because my family/friends were there! so stfu!"... I respect that 100% but in this day and time...knowing the truth is achieved by seeing the truth.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cl_steele
i fail to see the cause for uproar over this ... places like the China, the USA, Japan and much of Africa and the middle east execute people relatively regularly and for far lesser crimes the fact India is executing a convicted Assassin who took out a a person high ranking in indias political system is, if you ask me, nothing to quibble over.

Yeah, it's only the loss of a human life. No big deal. :rolleyes:

P.S, you might want to do your research before you get keyboard happy. He didn't actually kill anyone, he was a conspirator. 17 years imprisonment and the dealth penalty for conspiracy? Sick.
Original post by FelixFelicis
Yeah, it's only the loss of a human life. No big deal. :rolleyes:

P.S, you might want to do your research before you get keyboard happy. He didn't actually kill anyone, he was a conspirator. 17 years imprisonment and the dealth penalty for conspiracy? Sick.

people die every day for far worse reasons than this...
guilty by association ... he helped in it thus is just as guilty as the chap who did it. if a man helped plan blowing up a plane but didnt actually do it would you just give him a slap on the wrist?
besides i never said he should be executed i just fail to see the why this is being blown so far out of proportion when people across the world are executed for far less crimes on a far more regular basis, considering india hasnt killed anyone in nearly a decade aswell.
Reply 152
I swear that no one has ever been hung under the judicial system in Punjab?

Also the aftermath of 1984 was disgusting, im not old enough to know fully what happened but it's not hard to find the extent of what happened.

With this, the problem is how corrupt the indian government is. He was jailed for 17 years and then they decide to put him in front of the court. The reason the government want to keep hold of punjab is that it has some of the most fertile lands in india and a lot of money comes into india through it. If it wasnt for this im sure punjab and some areas around it would have been a separate country.
I think everyone, whether you are Sikh or not, can agree that the death sentence is wrong in this case, but don't say the Guru Granth Sahib didn't warn us beforehand;

[INDENT]"The kings are tigers, and their officials are dogs; they go out and awaken the peaceful people to harrass them. The public servants inflict wounds with their nails. The dogs lick up the blood that is spilled. But there, in the Court of the Lord, all beings will be judged."

"The beggar is known as an emperor, and the fool is known as a religious scholar. The blind man is known as a seer; this is how people talk. The trouble-maker is called a leader, and the liar is seated with honor. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs know that this is justice in the Dark Age"
[/INDENT]

(Guru Granth Sahib, Ang 1288, First Mehl & Salok Second Mehl respectively)
(edited 12 years ago)
I may have gone off topic beforehand but that was just the bigger picture.

I believe that Balwant Singh ji has served his sentence for conspirecy to kill and he should be released. Adding a death sentence on him now is plain ridiculous and excuse for communal tensions.

Very dissapointed with this stupid government.
Original post by sachinisgod
I may have gone off topic beforehand but that was just the bigger picture.

I believe that Balwant Singh ji has served his sentence for conspirecy to kill and he should be released. Adding a death sentence on him now is plain ridiculous and excuse for communal tensions.

Very dissapointed with this stupid government.

very big words sir thank you very m uch
Reply 156
He should be killed.

How can you call that man a hero? He's a sick bastard, he's no different from the members of the Al-Qaeda. They're terrorists and so is he, so why isn't he killed yet?
Reply 157
Original post by A.K.A...
He should be killed.

How can you call that man a hero? He's a sick bastard, he's no different from the members of the Al-Qaeda. They're terrorists and so is he, so why isn't he killed yet?

You say terrorists should be killed yet you have problems with the killing of CM Beant Singh? Or is state terrorism ok in your book?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by A.K.A...
He should be killed.

did he bomb a market place or a mosque intending to kill innocent, no he took care of an indian gaddafi, please do not comment on matters you show very little knowledge about Baba Rajaona is a diamond for sikhs!!
Reply 159
It is so unfair that he was kept in prison for 17 years which is life time imprisonment in itself!. Why was life time imprisonment turned into hanging at the end ? Unfair ! No Justice !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending