The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smileybop
Hi everyone,
So i'm in my second year of studying psychology - I HATE the course! So much so, I can't even be bothered doing the work anymore.
I love my life whilst at university, have great friends and love living independently, but the course is just not for me, and its really getting me down.

I thought about quitting last year, but stupidly kept at it. Now I'm in the second year, looking at a third if I continue onto third year, and am just really unhappy and stressed. I have no idea what I want to do for a career, and psychology has very low employment rates anyway.

Any suggestions on what to do with my life? I'm literally open to any ideas!

Hi I was just wondering what you ended up doing?! I'm in the exact same boat!
Original post by smileybop
Hi everyone,
So i'm in my second year of studying psychology - I HATE the course! So much so, I can't even be bothered doing the work anymore.
I love my life whilst at university, have great friends and love living independently, but the course is just not for me, and its really getting me down.
I thought about quitting last year, but stupidly kept at it. Now I'm in the second year, looking at a third if I continue onto third year, and am just really unhappy and stressed. I have no idea what I want to do for a career, and psychology has very low employment rates anyway.
Any suggestions on what to do with my life? I'm literally open to any ideas!
hey,

I am feeling like this and I am in second year, we have one more month left of lectures and then exams and then it's our final year. it is hard to find motivation right now but I am thinking about my long term goals and what I want to do career wise. the employment rate may be low but you can always further your education, get experience or do courses to improve your idea of where you want to be. one more year and were graduates and the best thing about psychology is you can get into medical side, mental health side or educational side. I personally feel id regret leaving now in my second year, and just make do for my final year. hope you have a good day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending