Oh ok :smile: How is chemistry going?

Last exam today :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by blueray
Went well I hope? :smile:

lol nope I got destroyed :cool:
Reply 82
Original post by blueray
You'll be fine :biggrin: How was the "mariners" ???

huh?
Reply 83
Original post by blueray
the place you go before tiffin starts, to get to know each other???

Ah lol :tongue: Yeah it's kinda fun. You mostly only get to know your own form though.
Original post by blueray
Did you go to the mariners as well? :tongue:

A few mates from my school have offers there and 1 or 2 are definitely going if they meet it!
Original post by blueray
Haha you never told me :tongue: You on skype?

Yee... haven't been on in a long time though - hopefully my computer has saved my password!!!

Shall I PM you mine and you can add me?
Original post by myyrh
Hey I studied at Herschel Grammar from year 7-11 then left there for tiffin sixth from to do my A levels, so if you have question on either just ask :smile:

i know this sounds silly but how is a grammer school different from normal public school. i mean the type every one goes to lol.
Original post by practice is key
i know this sounds silly but how is a grammer school different from normal public school. i mean the type every one goes to lol.

Original post by blueray
You mean normal state schools :smile: It just has more academic people in it, whereas in a state you have a mix of capabilities :smile:

Grammar schools are selective academically speaking. You sit the 11+ and those who pass get admitted to grammar schools.

It is supposedly the brightest and cleverest that go there, but , and I currently go to a grammar, not everyone is as clever as you would think. What helps in grammar schools is that nearly everyone that goes there wants to do well and work hard, which is why they would have taken the 11+ for entry, so there is a much more academic environment and better work ethic than you would normally find in a comprehensive or secondary modern. And just to be clear it is free... you don't have to pay.
Reply 88
Original post by blueray
Oh so explain what happens, or your case then :biggrin:

Well you take part in these tasks which get you working together as a team and encourage communication. Then you spend time with the rest of your form writing on balloons and trying to find out about each others interests and stuff.
Reply 89
Original post by practice is key

The two responses above explain it perfectly :smile:
Original post by blueray
Haha not necessarily, the sixthform doesn't need 11+ :rofl:

Writing on balloons? :lolwut:

Oh Yeh! I meant the school lool. The sixth form is usually though a majority of the school's current year 11's and then 30 odd form outside of school who are also likely to be academic since they are moving to a new school so clearly want to go to a grammar for a reason!

So my point still stands!
Reply 91
Original post by blueray
Haha not necessarily, the sixthform doesn't need 11+ :rofl:

Writing on balloons? :lolwut:

Exactly, it seemed pretty pointless at the time too. :rolleyes:
Original post by blueray
Haha thread says sixthform :tongue: No worries :biggrin: Ps accept on skype.

Hehe alright then!
Reply 93
Original post by blueray
:lol: No as in you write on ballons and you have to catch them? What?

You have to write your interests and stuff on them then pass them to your partner :/ Then you would talk to the rest of the group about what you have found out.
Original post by blueray
Hehe :biggrin: Lol we sound like excited school kids :tongue:

Yaaay!!!!

Fwend.....
Original post by blueray
Did you go to the mariners as well? :tongue:

The what? :tongue:
Original post by blueray
Haha lets trade yoghio cards? Remember them?

*yughio

and that was like year 5!!!!
Original post by greenlantern1
*yughio

and that was like year 5!!!!

yaay i am up from 2 to 3 red gems :smile:
Original post by blueray
Mariners?? Read the above post :biggrin: myyrh describes it :smile:

Ahhh... erm, no :tongue:
Original post by hialice
Hey there, I'm currently commuting 3 hours a day to get to my sixth form, it's not that bad, but when your alarm goes off at 6.20 it does make you want to cry!

I don't wanna travel that long for uni! But you are doing this for college. Amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending