The Student Room Group

What did you think of your exam?

So basically I thought I would set this up so everyone can talk about what they thought of the exam and stuff, any exam board but make sure you specify because if you say i got 18005 in maths non cal q8 and someone got -8.8 then they will be worried :redface: .
If you're taking your GCSE's in year 9 all the way to year 11.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just wondering how everyone exams are going, my friends had french yesturday, but are appealing to AQA because the sound was muffled. Got rs on thursday.
Reply 2
WJEC French yesterday - Average, some easy, some hard
WJEC Biology 2 Today - Happy, lost some stupid marks but comfortable overall
WJEC Catering and Hospitality Tomorrow - Not looking forward to the long markers! Gah, i hate them!
Reply 3
Original post by _Morsey_
WJEC French yesterday - Average, some easy, some hard
WJEC Biology 2 Today - Happy, lost some stupid marks but comfortable overall
WJEC Catering and Hospitality Tomorrow - Not looking forward to the long markers! Gah, i hate them!

I was so bad at french hehe
Biology I have mine on monday
catering and hospitality sounds like areally fun subject, I am sure you'll be fine.
Original post by starienight
Just wondering how everyone exams are going, my friends had french yesturday, but are appealing to AQA because the sound was muffled. Got rs on thursday.

RS?
Reply 5
Original post by College_Dropout
RS?

Religious Studies
Remember the rules about discussion of Edexcel exams :smile:

I don't see a thread on any of the exams I took yesterday yet, but as far as I can tell it's past 12AM and 4AM and I can talk bout them.

Edexcel Biology B3 - Pretty good really, an entire set of questions was just data handling and some questions were phrased in a difficult way but I knew most of the knowledge.
Edexcel Religious Studies - Pretty horrible sets of questions especially the 8 markers, but I did what I could. Felt like I didn't write enough for the big markers though. There were no philosophical questions in there, something I was looking forward to expanding my answers on.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Biology b3- what the hell was up with that hunter gatherer question. Eugh.
Original post by IsabelAmy
Biology b3- what the hell was up with that hunter gatherer question. Eugh.

Ah, exactly what I meant when I said the phrasing was vague. I focused my answer on domestication, but then spun off into how they made civilisations because less farmers were needed. I didn't think that answered the actual question they asked, so at the last minute of the exam I added a cheap sentence about how their habitats have been destroyed. Just for the sake of it. But yeah, it should have been "how" not "why".
Reply 9
Original post by AboveTheLine
Ah, exactly what I meant when I said the phrasing was vague. I focused my answer on domestication, but then spun off into how they made civilisations because less farmers were needed. I didn't think that answered the actual question they asked, so at the last minute of the exam I added a cheap sentence about how their habitats have been destroyed. Just for the sake of it. But yeah, it should have been "how" not "why".

I said basically the same thing as you :smile: i was so annoyed no microbal food products/drug sources came up, i learn how to spell them all and they were easy marks if you knew them :frown:
I said basically the same thing as you :smile: i was so annoyed no microbal food products/drug sources came up, i learn how to spell them all and they were easy marks if you knew them :frown:

Argh yes! I was worried because I only knew the names of the microbial products, not where they came from or what happens with them, so I spent ages revising the list in my mind.

Enzymes such as Invertase which are used as a sweeter in sweets. They convert sucrose into glucose and fructose.... all my knowledge went to waste haha xD

One of the questions I only knew how to answer because my teacher quizzed me by chance on it in the booster session!
Reply 11
Argh yes! I was worried because I only knew the names of the microbial products, not where they came from or what happens with them, so I spent ages revising the list in my mind.

Enzymes such as Invertase which are used as a sweeter in sweets. They convert sucrose into glucose and fructose.... all my knowledge went to waste haha xD

One of the questions I only knew how to answer because my teacher quizzed me by chance on it in the booster session!

Cant wait to see the mark scheme!
Reply 12
Yesterday I did OCR RS and it was easy

I know! It was so annoying :angry: But I'm glad that the Agrobacterium tumefaciens stuff came up :biggrin:

Which one was that?
Reply 15
Original post by paperclip345
I know! It was so annoying :angry: But I'm glad that the Agrobacterium tumefaciens stuff came up :biggrin:

Yeah :smile: i found the last question the easiest :/
Original post by paperclip345
Which one was that?

The bird diet - why they spend longer feeding.

For the last question I didn't read the second question so I wrote the entire proccess out (and ran out of room!) and then realised it asked for it in 2 stages, one about getting the gene into the plasmid / bacteria and then one about getting the bacteria into the plant to produce the crown gall etc.

Didn't run out of time though so I just wrote out the last few steps again.
Reply 17
Had edexcel r.e yesterday and have edexcel r.e tomorrow :P
The bird diet - why they spend longer feeding.

For the last question I didn't read the second question so I wrote the entire proccess out (and ran out of room!) and then realised it asked for it in 2 stages, one about getting the gene into the plasmid / bacteria and then one about getting the bacteria into the plant to produce the crown gall etc.

Didn't run out of time though so I just wrote out the last few steps again.

Haha yeah, I started writing really small then realised half way through that it was in two parts :')

For the bird one, I just said that one of the birds was a herbivore and compared it one that was a carnivore, and how meat has more nutrients than plants/berries/whatever it was.
Reply 19
IGCSE FRENCH EDEXCEL Listening Test - I know I've failed this. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest