The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 3 P3 GCSE 30th May 2012 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mastercheef
this is my first time on the student room and i am here because of that dreadful "Physics" exam. honestly, i was expecting an exam about Physics, not some BS. And that is all.

Yeh... the general consensus on here is that is was pretty darn awful...
Reply 181
Original post by wozzakeeps
Someone was sick in my exam...
Apparently we might all get 5% extra, anyone know if thats true?

I've heard of people getting extra marks on their exam if they have been ill, but if someone just threw up i don't see why you would get extra marks. My mate got 25% extra on his maths last year because he had been in hospital with apendicitis, or so he told me...
what caused the centripetal force?? i put gravity (dont know why:frown: )
Reply 183
Original post by spyzapper25
what caused the centripetal force?? i put gravity (dont know why:frown: )

I think there was 2 questions about centripetal force, for the one about the satellite gravity would have been right
Original post by tigerz
The UMS better be incredibly low, because literally everyones saying it was hard! I know i got the moments wrong because of silly mistakes, got 0.5 for magnification but i had no idea what I drew!!
and umm it was step up because had more coils in the secondary coil but for the working out I had..I can't remember but i'm sure i got that right :P
Gonna check marks as soon at the mark schemes out ! :P

I am soo stupid, I did the object height divided by the I,age height by accident.....kicking myself

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 185
Any estimates for the grade boundaries? Need a B, hoping it was around 20 :argh:
Original post by kaneboy
Everyone seems to have struggled, and found it pretty difficult. Here's the grade boundaries from Jan 12

A*3290
A2880
B2270
C1660
D1350

I doubt they'll change too much.

So do you mean 32, 28, etc etc?

Reply 187
Original post by _sam
Any estimates for the grade boundaries? Need a B, hoping it was around 20 :argh:

I honestly think it will be something like... 15 C, 19 B. Everyone seems to have found it painstakingly hard. AQA really have to sort their **** out
Original post by Partyboy
I think there was 2 questions about centripetal force, for the one about the satellite gravity would have been right

no the first one in which he had a string and was swinging it round?
Original post by katiepreston
nearly cried at the end HARDEST EXAM EVER

It was absolutely awful! The past papers were nowhere near as hard!

Reply 190
Original post by kashagupta
So do you mean 32, 28, etc etc?

He means the thinks it will be 32 for an A* which will be 90ums, and 28 for an A which will be 80ums etc...

I think the boundarys will be lower than that, i've done papers that have needed 32 for an A*, and this exam was harder in my opinion. So i reckon about 30 for an A* :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by kashagupta
It was absolutely awful! The past papers were nowhere near as hard!

I have to completely disagree, this has been the easiest of my 9 exams so far because it hasn't gone off on a tangent about a load of random BS, you just needed simple knowledge (except that horrible crosses one with the audiogram) from what you needed to learn to answer it all..
The past papers recently e.g. January 2012 were so hard it was painful..
I practically bombed this paper. I'll be lucky to get a C I reckon. I was just purely guessing some of the answers. I really let myself down with revision. Unit 2 went much better; able to achieve the A* that I want in that paper but it makes no difference now as I'll be lucky to get an A overall due to my poor Unit 3 paper.
Reply 193
Original post by spyzapper25
no the first one in which he had a string and was swinging it round?

Well I think you may have dropped a mark there :/
:frown: cant believe how hard it was :frown: can someone please put the markscheme up i really need to mark myself just to stop all this stress and crap... AQA need to stop bieng so harsh... when i read the questions my first reaction was :eek::eek::eek:
Reply 195
Hey guys, does anyone know if this was the last sit for any of the physics exam for the old specification?
I would like to resit P2 because this one I probably will get high A* and in my P1 I got a very high A but P2 was awful, I only got a B :frown:
Original post by DrumChops
0.005N for the moments one
60 turns of coil for the transformer one

oh and magnification 0.5

Phew got the same answers :biggrin:
Unofficial markscheme anyone
Original post by g.k.galloway
I had no idea on that one - i did a straight line going horizontal... probably wrong but at least it was only one mark!

That question wasn't clear enough!

I did a horizontal line with random crosses on that line :smile:

has to be right, they didn't give any values
Reply 199
Original post by Partyboy
I've heard of people getting extra marks on their exam if they have been ill, but if someone just threw up i don't see why you would get extra marks. My mate got 25% extra on his maths last year because he had been in hospital with apendicitis, or so he told me...

Your friend wasn't telling the truth, the maximum I've ever heard (and not personally known of) is just a few marks :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending