The Student Room Group

Why Do People Almost ALWAYS Wear Jeans?

Hey Guys;

Well, as you have probably known, almost everywhere you go, you see people wearing the same thing, jeans. Well, I was wondering why this is, I mean, I know jeans are pretty much the "safe" thing to wear because everyone wears them but I don't find them particularly comfortable to wear.

So, why do so many people wear jeans and are you one of them?

What's with the negging?
I am merely asking why people wear jeans a lot of the time because I PERSONALLY don't find them comfortable. Maybe other people find them comfortable.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I find them quite comfy?
...because the TSR girls always moan about guys wearing chinos?
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Well, as you have probably known, almost everywhere you go, you see people wearing the same thing, jeans. Well, I was wondering why this is, I mean, I know jeans are pretty much the "safe" thing to wear because everyone wears them but I don't find them particularly comfortable to wear.

Easy to wear, widely available, cheap, go with a lot of things, lots of different fits/washes.

What are you wearing right now?
Reply 4
I'd walk out in my underwear but I'd get a restraining order.
Reply 5
Because due to the sheer raw power of my sexuality it cannot be contained by anything weaker than a strong denim. Punches through Chino material like a midget boxer through a soggy tissue.
Reply 6
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Thats the thing right there - most people do, just 'cause you don't doesn't make them bad ><

I personally am a fan of black normal (not skinny) jeans.
Reply 7
You're not ruler of the world yet :wink:
I wear them because there is nothing else to wear. For most of the stuff I do I would feel over dressed in trousers and to casual in tracksuit bottoms.
Everyone wears Jeans? No no no my friend.

The fag chino is what everyone wears.

:smile:
It's partly because I'm extremely lazy.
I wear jeans all the time and find them pretty comfortable. And frankly, the other things that girls wear - tracksuit bottoms or leggings - don't do anything for me. I could wear dresses and skirts but I'm not really the kind of girl who wears them every day.
Reply 12
Original post by JLXP
I never see jeans anymore? :s-smilie:
Chino's everywhere!

Looks at location.

Yeah, understandable.
Reply 13
I don't know. 'Tis a shame indeed. :frown:

We get to a point where most people can afford beautiful clothes and what do they do...
Original post by tehforum
Looks at location.

Yeah, understandable.

I didn't realise there was a strong relationship between Cheshire and Chinos? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by CJM13

What about corduroy? Is that a faux pas in the TSR community? :P
What else is there?
Reply 17
You can get jeans that vary in toughness, I have quite a rough pair for when I go out camping with friends but then a more silky feel created by a softer denim that I go out in...
they are comfy, come in many different styles and look GOOD. they go with pretty much EVERYTHING.
Original post by CJM13

i've found it's actually mainly the guys on here! i don't have a problem with chinos i don't understand someone can have so much hatred for a bog standard pair of trousers ffs... i think they can look nice.

Quick Reply

Latest