The Student Room Group

Universities requiring 2.1 / 2.2 for PGCE entry

I want to apply for my PGCE in secondary biology. I think i might end up graduating with a 2.2.

Doest this mean that i should dismiss the option of applying to universities that require a 2.1 classification?

Are there any universities that are known to allow a little leeway in regards to degree classification for those candidates that shine through in their personal staemnet, i.e good work experience, passion for teaching etc.

I am thining of applying to Cambridge, Oxford, Birmingham and maybe UCE.

Any advice will be much apreciated. Thanx!

Hussain
I'd say most will stick pretty firmly to their requirements unless there are exceptional circumstances.

So if they ask for a 2:1, then they are very unlikely to take on people with a 2:2.

So unless there is a fair chance you could get a 2:1 and would be able to say so on your application and have your academic referee say so, only apply to places wanting 2:2's. If there is no real chance of getting a 2:1, then stick to those who say 2:1 (unless there is somewhere you really really feel you want to try and go. In that case I'd make your your second choice was one which accepted 2:2's).
Reply 2
Thanx!

Latest

Trending

Trending