The Student Room Group

The "I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
if this helps; i read on the BBC some time ago that Russell Group unis are being urged to accept students if they miss their offers by one grade. we still have a chance i guess!!
Original post by DemolitionLovers
Philosophy? If so, same :frown:

Yup :frown: I feel so stupid after all that prep. Everything hinges on next week! What's your firm and the grades you need?
Reply 162
Original post by SpringNicht
Brought here by OCR Chemistry A...

Oh man, i feel the same! :|
I
thought the decrease in applicants had only been something teeny like 2%...
In Scotland yes but in England applications fell round by about 8% according to Ucas so if any year you were to narrowly miss a grade in (England) this would probaly be one of the best years due to the increase of fees.
Can I join this thread?:frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 165
Original post by tdkr
if this helps; i read on the BBC some time ago that Russell Group unis are being urged to accept students if they miss their offers by one grade. we still have a chance i guess!!

YES!!!

LOL @ this rate i'm missing my offer by at least a good 2 grades :frown:

where did you hear this ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 166
*Deciding firm and insurance choice* 'Yeah, I'll be happy at either of those two.... win win situation :biggrin:'

After exams: NO I DON'T WANT TO GO TO MY INSURANCE *sulk*

Fml. Good luck everyone, I'm sure (hopefully) we have all done well and will/have got what we need! :biggrin:
Chances of getting into an AAA choice with A*A*BB?
Original post by FuzzySheep
Yup :frown: I feel so stupid after all that prep. Everything hinges on next week! What's your firm and the grades you need?

I know! I neglected my Biology resit that's tomorrow so I could do hoooours of philosophy! It's York to do...Philosophy :tongue: for AAB.
Original post by such_a_lady
Can I join this thread?:frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

:hugs: We're all in this together.
Reply 170
Original post by Tsunami2011
Chances of getting into an AAA choice with A*A*BB?

pretty high tbh
Reply 171
Core 4 AQA has brought me here. It could be tight!
Reply 172
Biology aqa, you are killing me slowly
Original post by lfcjamie
Core 4 AQA has brought me here. It could be tight!

same here...same here :'(
Original post by DemolitionLovers
I know! I neglected my Biology resit that's tomorrow so I could do hoooours of philosophy! It's York to do...Philosophy :tongue: for AAB.

Awww, well I hope you do well tomorrow! :smile:

If I predict myself to have gotten a C in that exam I'm going to need almost full marks for next Thursday to meet my offer :frown:
Edecel Maths :bricks:

Enough said.
Reply 176
WOW people on here are talking about A*. I'm scared I wont get my offers of BBB or BBC. :frown:
Original post by Whatever9999
C3 paper bought me here ,it was terrible :frown:

:ditto:

false sense of security with about 2 lovely questions, and a few nice looking yet what turned out to be horrid questions :sigh:
...now to panic about C4 :eek:
Reply 178
Original post by tdkr

I really hope this is true. I applied to do Accounting and Finance @ Sheffield and have an offer of AAB. I have 2 As (1 in maths) but I'm not sure if I did well enough in wednesday's paper to get the B in sociology.

Does anyone reckon they might be slightly lenient with me if I got AAC as I have an A in maths, and my original offer was meant to be AAC but was raised as I've taken 3 years.

*clutches at straws* :tongue:
Original post by YB101
pretty high tbh

I don't think so:redface: AAA is the actual offer, and it's a very competitive course at a very competitive university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending