Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Access to Leeds Discussion

Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    How many applicants from each school are allowed to be accepted, because a lot of people from my school have applied?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by einstein123)
    How many applicants from each school are allowed to be accepted, because a lot of people from my school have applied?
    I've not heard of any kind of limit. If you meet two criteria then you're most likely going to be accepted!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StitchMad)
    I've not heard of any kind of limit. If you meet two criteria then you're most likely going to be accepted!
    I meet like 3 criteria, ithink.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StitchMad)
    This sounds promising. I only meet 2 of the criteria while many friends that have also applied meet 3 or more.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't received my confirmation letter :/ I sent my application a week and a half ago and the deadline is today. Should I call them/ e-mail them seeing as I haven't heard a reply yet?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash10)
    I still haven't received my confirmation letter :/ I sent my application a week and a half ago and the deadline is today. Should I call them/ e-mail them seeing as I haven't heard a reply yet?

The A2L department is closed over Christmas. I don't think you'd get a reply until Christmas is over.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just got my offers... AAB and BBB for economics and politics! They were both on the same UCAS conditional offer link
    Sent mine in about mid-Novemeber. I didn't get a confirmation from A2L department...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    no because i'm not a dumbass
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beast1)
    I just got my offers... AAB and BBB for economics and politics! They were both on the same UCAS conditional offer link
    Sent mine in about mid-Novemeber. I didn't get a confirmation from A2L department...
    Thank you That's when I applied as well - there is still hope. Congratulations on you offer
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got confirmation from the A2L dept today. Still no offer, is Leeds one of them unis that leaves joint honours offers until late?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy16)
    no because i'm not a dumbass
    Irony is most people on this thread are probably smarter then you.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    O.O
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I got my offer from Leeds in like the 3rd week of Nov and have been accepted on to A2L.
    Do I have to firm Leeds first to get the A2L offer? and does the offer always go down by 40 Ucas points or is it up to 40 Ucas points?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    Ok so I got my offer from Leeds in like the 3rd week of Nov and have been accepted on to A2L.
    Do I have to firm Leeds first to get the A2L offer? and does the offer always go down by 40 Ucas points or is it up to 40 Ucas points?
    Congrats! Leeds has to be your firm to get the A2L offer, if it's your insurance you'll have to get the standard offer
    And yeah it's always 40 points as far as I've ever heard, good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied for A2L and sent the A2L form offer around xmas, a few days after I sent my UCAS form (to study Physics).

Before sending it I rang Leeds Uni to ask if they needed my UCAS form..it had my other choices on it and I thought if they saw this it could negatively impact my application maybe?
    They said they only need it if I'm only applying to local Unis (which I'm not) so I didn't attach my UCAS form to my A2L form.

Now I'm wondering how they are going to see my personal statement, qualifications, A Level grades, etc.! What should I do?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preetinder)
    Congrats! Leeds has to be your firm to get the A2L offer, if it's your insurance you'll have to get the standard offer
    And yeah it's always 40 points as far as I've ever heard, good luck!
    Thanks for replying! I was wondering if I had to firm it first, like
    I firm it first and then I receive the offer on track
    or
    The offer comes on track and then I firm it?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try n phone them up and ask if they've received your application then ask if there's anything missing and if you should send it again. When I phoned to ask about it, the lady on the phone was really really nice and checked everything for me. Good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    Try n phone them up and ask if they've received your application then ask if there's anything missing and if you should send it again. When I phoned to ask about it, the lady on the phone was really really nice and checked everything for me. Good luck!
    Thank you!
    I rang them up, it was an answer machine, left the most retarded message ever (hate answer machines)! :P But atleast I won't have to worry about it now, just have to be patient for a phonecall back, so thanks for the advice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    Thanks for replying! I was wondering if I had to firm it first, like
    I firm it first and then I receive the offer on track
    or
    The offer comes on track and then I firm it?

I think since you've definitely got an A2L offer, you can firm Leeds Uni now, but I'm not too sure, sorry

On another note, what course have you applied for?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWW!)
    Emma watson still looks good in that pic.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 25, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.