Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by FrancescaSLC
Nope, no acknowledgement email

Ah thank you! I was getting worried :L

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 581
Original post by hathawayj
Has anyone applied to study geography at Oxford? If so which college? Excited for the TSA?

Sorry I didn't read the whole forum

I've not {I'm going for Cambridge!} but I found out last night that a couple of friends from a different school are both applying for geography at Oxford, they're both going for Jesus. :smile: How about you?
Reply 582
Original post by Tashaax
Are you applying for Cambridge then? - Do you need written work? I'm going for Oxford and they're asking for 2 pieces :s-smilie:

Applying to St Johns I dont have to :smile: (not a deciding factor as I had already decided on St Johns when i found out but i was pleased none-the-less :P)

At Cambridge its at the individual colleges' discretion, some ask for written work and some don't (http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/geography/index.php#Entry-Requirements) - unlike Oxford where I think there is a set rule for each course and it doesnt matter which college you apply to?
Reply 583
How many do you think I should have? I've only put down that I've done young enterprise, geography discussion and a btec. Those are the ones that I could relate to geography, the other ones aren't very relevant to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
Original post by lucyevans
Has anyone gotten an offer from either UCL, Kings, Bristol, Exeter or Royal Holloway yet?

If so, when did you send your application and when did you get the offer?

I have an offer from Exeter :-) I sent my application on the 11th Oct and had my offer on the 19th :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone gotten an offer from either UCL, Kings, Bristol, Exeter or Royal Holloway yet?

Sent application off on the 19th of October and received my offer through the post yesterday! and the letter was dated the 24th :smile: went to Royal Holloway yesterday for an open day, it looks amazing!
Original post by mickeymouse890
Sent application off on the 19th of October and received my offer through the post yesterday! and the letter was dated the 24th :smile: went to Royal Holloway yesterday for an open day, it looks amazing!

Which uni? I love holloway :smile: haven't sent my application yet still waiting for school to write my reference :/

Congrats! Which university was this for? did the offer only come through the post and not on track?

For Royal Holloway :biggrin: the offer came through the post, but not shown up on track yet. it said 'you will receive a confirmation from the college's registry shortly' :smile:
Original post by Parkes99
Yeah ive just gotten two acceptances from Leeds and Edinburgh for Human Geog. Really happy! However they're asking for a 16 on the Baccalaureate which is sort of the equivalent of A*(x a lot of stars..) so im stressing a lot about that. Seems like the prospectus offers are really the minimum, not the average offer so im in despair atm. I'm also applying to Bristol, St Andrews and Cambridge.
Anyone else receive any offers? Also do you guys know about how hard it is to get a defferal from these uni's? Ird most aren't too fond of the idea (other than Bristol), but I cant think of a better subject related to Gap Years!

How long did it take for leeds to get back to you?
Reply 589

Exeter and Bristol. Sent my application off on the 11th October, got Exeter on the 23rd, Bristol on the 25th.
Reply 590
Wow congrats! Were they just straight offers? no interview/selection day?

Yep, straight offers. I don't think either of them do anything like that (as far as I know).
For Royal Holloway :biggrin: the offer came through the post, but not shown up on track yet. it said 'you will receive a confirmation from the college's registry shortly' :smile:

Congrats!! Holloway is my favourite really hope I get an offer from there!! Was it for ABB or higher? And judging from your username your a Disney fan like me :biggrin:
Reply 592
Original post by hathawayj
Has anyone applied to study geography at Oxford? If so which college? Excited for the TSA?

Sorry I didn't read the whole forum

Hey, yep I applied to Worcester :smile: Really.really. nervous about the TSA...it could be the end of it all! :frown:
What about you?
Reply 593
Original post by desktiny
I have an offer from Exeter :-) I sent my application on the 11th Oct and had my offer on the 19th :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too pretty much!! Is it your first choice?
Reply 594
Original post by elainegao
Hey everyone! I'm kinda new here, was just googling stuff about geology and then found my way into TSR. I'm from Singapore, taking my A levels in a few weeks, and I really want to study geology cos I want to do something environmentally related in the future. Currently, I've got offers from UCL and edinburgh, but the dream is oxford really. Was hoping someone could share with me their experiences studying geology? We dont really have courses on geology in singapore so this is all really new to me!

Try a geology thread - were all Geographers here! :smile:
Reply 595
Original post by Tashaax
Hey, yep I applied to Worcester :smile: Really.really. nervous about the TSA...it could be the end of it all! :frown:
What about you?

Yeah same it's making me nervous, I applied to Christ church, I,m a gap year student so hopefully my ib results will overshadow a poor tsa performance :s-smilie:

Reply 596
Original post by Tashaax
Me too pretty much!! Is it your first choice?

No itll probably be my insurance! Cambridge or Manchester would be my first choice if I get offers from either of those :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by winningjojo
Congrats!! Holloway is my favourite really hope I get an offer from there!! Was it for ABB or higher? And judging from your username your a Disney fan like me :biggrin:

not sure what the offer is for yet, on the letter it just said we have made you an offer.but hopefully it will say what it is for on track soon!! yes :biggrin:D i love disney :smile:
not sure what the offer is for yet, on the letter it just said we have made you an offer.but hopefully it will say what it is for on track soon!! yes :biggrin:D i love disney :smile:

I love Disney too!! Ah can you tell me when you find out? I really want an offer from them!! :smile:

Original post by winningjojo
I love Disney too!! Ah can you tell me when you find out? I really want an offer from them!! :smile:

sure will do! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending