The Student Room Group

Geography applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by St. Brynjar
Me too! TSR meet up on the cards :tongue:

Haha definitely :-) I'll be the Welsh one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by desktiny
Haha definitely :-) I'll be the Welsh one!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be the short one who looks lost! Probably not the best quality for a wannabe Geographer :llama:
Reply 782
I'll be the short one who looks lost! Probably not the best quality for a wannabe Geographer :llama:

Haha I was thinking, will it look really bad if we can't find the building :-P great start for geographers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783

Original post by desktiny
Haha I was thinking, will it look really bad if we can't find the building :-P great start for geographers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like you guys are gonna have fun xD Good luck with your interviews.
Yay! Interview at Robinson, Cambridge on the 10th of December. Chuffed as I didn't even think i'd get one :biggrin: But now the nerves begin....
Reply 785
Original post by tooty_fruit
Yay! Interview at Robinson, Cambridge on the 10th of December. Chuffed as I didn't even think i'd get one :biggrin: But now the nerves begin....

Yayyyy! Well done! Good luck with it. Are you getting any mock interviews or anything?
Original post by Bulbasaur
Yayyyy! Well done! Good luck with it. Are you getting any mock interviews or anything?

Cheers mate. Well I had one about two weeks ago with a teacher within school, and although it was helpful just to talk about the subject, I feel as if the real one would be much more academic. (They were asking me about skills and stuff which I don't think Cambridge really care about...)

What about you?
Reply 787
Cheers mate. Well I had one about two weeks ago with a teacher within school, and although it was helpful just to talk about the subject, I feel as if the real one would be much more academic. (They were asking me about skills and stuff which I don't think Cambridge really care about...)

What about you?

Did they go to Oxbridge? It's probably not going to help that much if they haven't experienced an Oxbridge interview. Just be prepared for a challenge, really.

There's a few teachers at my school who have gone to Oxbridge (despite very few teachers having any memory of any student getting in- I think the last one was about a decade ago...) and apparently everyone applying is gonna get a mock interview with each of them. Although in reality it'll probably just be 2 or something. Thankfully one of them did geography at Cambridge so obviously that's gonna help a lot.
Did they go to Oxbridge? It's probably not going to help that much if they haven't experienced an Oxbridge interview. Just be prepared for a challenge, really.

There's a few teachers at my school who have gone to Oxbridge (despite very few teachers having any memory of any student getting in- I think the last one was about a decade ago...) and apparently everyone applying is gonna get a mock interview with each of them. Although in reality it'll probably just be 2 or something. Thankfully one of them did geography at Cambridge so obviously that's gonna help a lot.

No unfortunately they didn't aha...but nevermind! Oooooh that's quite lucky I suppose then! Did they graduate (relatively) recently? If your schools last successful application was 10 years ago I think they'll flag your application so that's all good. Out of curiosity how many in your year are applying?
Reply 789
No unfortunately they didn't aha...but nevermind! Oooooh that's quite lucky I suppose then! Did they graduate (relatively) recently? If your schools last successful application was 10 years ago I think they'll flag your application so that's all good. Out of curiosity how many in your year are applying?

Yeah about five years ago I think! So very recent.

Yeah I think if its less than 5 successful applicants in 5 years you're flagged. 5 have applied this year, which is more than in a long time, and all 5 for Cambridge. There's probably something we're lacking compared to other schools. I guess we'll see if any of us get lucky this time around. How many are applying at your school?
Name: GottaRevise
BA or Bsc?: BA
Studying currently: Geography, Maths, Panjabi and Economics
Universities applied to: Queen Mary, Reading (Human Geog), Royal Holloway, KCL and UCL

Anybody got an interview at Queen Mary on 14th November?
Original post by Tashaax
Yeah I went to a taster day :biggrin: the location is just soo superb!! :smile:
Are you doing any like further reading at the moment?

Ahh wicked! :-D
No, I have ridiculous amounts to read for my history coursework at the moment :-( are you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by GottaRevise
Name: GottaRevise
BA or Bsc?: BA
Studying currently: Geography, Maths, Panjabi and Economics
Universities applied to: Queen Mary, Reading (Human Geog), Royal Holloway, KCL and UCL

Anybody got an interview at Queen Mary on 14th November?

I do! :-D

Good choices by the way!

Reply 793

That's fantastic to hear, congrats :biggrin:
Original post by Nemeviaa
That's fantastic to hear, congrats :biggrin:

Thanks...I'm sure others will start hearing soon!

Yeah about five years ago I think! So very recent.

Yeah I think if its less than 5 successful applicants in 5 years you're flagged. 5 have applied this year, which is more than in a long time, and all 5 for Cambridge. There's probably something we're lacking compared to other schools. I guess we'll see if any of us get lucky this time around. How many are applying at your school?

Well I suppose I can sort of wish you good luck....considering we're not quite in direct competition! :wink: There's around 8 I think, although i'd imagine the actual success rate will be much lower!
Reply 795
Original post by ameliayeah
Ahh wicked! :-D
No, I have ridiculous amounts to read for my history coursework at the moment :-( are you?

Aw I hear so many people tied up with their History! :frown:
And well...I'm trying :wink: But its so hard to find any material when Geog is so vast and books so pricey!!
Hi :smile: Bit late joining this, but I have offers for Bristol and Birmingham, bith with a year abroad, and am waiting to hear from Oxford, UCL and Kings :smile:
Reply 797
Random question, did everyone here leave a line between each paragraph of their PS when inserted into UCAS? I'm paranoid..
Reply 798
Original post by BeeBee2710
Hi :smile: Bit late joining this, but I have offers for Bristol and Birmingham, bith with a year abroad, and am waiting to hear from Oxford, UCL and Kings :smile:

That's awesome!! Well done! I'm applying to both those courses! and UCL haha. what are your predicted grades and when did you send off your application?
Reply 799
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Just thought I'd say, I study Geography at Edinburgh (MA and Bsc are mixed in first year) so if you have any questions about Edinburgh in general or the course you can let me know. (I also do Archaeology and History of Art):tongue:

Also be prepared to wait a while, I didn't get an offer from Edinburgh till the 28th Feb!

Edinburgh is my first choice, really love the place! What grades did they offer you? They've emailed me saying they wont reply until like March time which is annoying :frown: heard its a decent night out there too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending