The Student Room Group

Geography applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellie_May :)
Just got an email from a lecturer at York university, who said she enjoyed reading my personal statement, and made general comments about things I have done e.g "your trip to Iceland must have been very interesting" etc. She also thanked me for applying, so that's lovely for her to personally thank me and tell me what she thought of my application :smile:

Then she said she is very happy to give me a conditional offer to study BSc Environmental Geography!!!!!! :biggrin:
This should come through on ucas soon so I will post again when I know the exact conditons.

that's very nice of her, and of course congratulations to you as well!
Original post by geografreak
AAA offer from Durham (combined honours in geography and French) :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wow! Congratulations! :biggrin: xx
Reply 982
Original post by lucyevans
Any replies from UCL?

Yeah I got an open day :smile: which course are you applying for?
Reply 983
Original post by hathawayj
Congrats !!! Yeah I also heard from Oxford(Christ Church) today, I am so unprepared also :s-smilie: praying to the Gods I need to prep.

btw, How did you find the TSA? i struggled so much for time..I thought that I flunked it Tbh..obviously not.

Good luck fingers crossed :smile:

Well done for the Oxford one!!
I got rejected from Worcester College y-day. Gutted but better things to come!! :smile:
Reply 984
Original post by planetearth
Some people already have Geog offers from Durham??? Does that mean if we don't currently, we are most likely to be rejected?

Also who else got invited to that UCL "Open Day" thing on 9th or 16th of Jan? Is it like a proper 'interview', or an exercise to see if we 'suit' the Uni?

Hey i'm going on the 9th!! Are you?
Reply 985
Original post by BeeBee2710
Hi :smile: Bit late joining this, but I have offers for Bristol and Birmingham, bith with a year abroad, and am waiting to hear from Oxford, UCL and Kings :smile:

Hey did you get an Oxford interview?! I got rejected from there y-day!

But do you have the UCL open day on the 9th?/Kings offer yet? :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by louisereilly.x
I've heard from Bristol but still waiting on UCL and Durham :smile: Has anyone else who's applied for BA heard from either of them yet?

Well done to everyone with the offers they wanted! xxx

Hey did you get a UCL open day? :smile:
Reply 987
Lets say for example, somehow some miracle happens and I get invited to this UCL interview open day thing, which to me seems quite essential to attend

I notice the two dates (9th / 16th), however I have an exam on the 10th and the 17th, so this would make it pretty hard for me to travel 6 hours the day before the exam and prepare for whatever questions that could be asked. What would you do in that case? Phone them up and ask for another date? :s:s:s:s:s:s

I would probably be prepared to go if I had no other choice though. Would be pretty stressful though D;
(edited 11 years ago)
Interview at Oxford! :biggrin:
haven't heard from Durham and no open day for UCL though :frown:
good luck everyone! xxxxx
Original post by hathawayj
Any offers to LSE, UCL or St Andrews for Geo yet?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Some people have an open day invitation from UCL, but I haven't heard anything yet so you're not alone! :frown:

St Andrews are renowned for replying at the last minute! So I wouldnt worry. have you gone for BA or BSC?
xxx
Reply 990
I know that there are a few of us applying to Cambridge, and my friend showed me this today; thought you guys might be interested! It has all of the application statistics by college and by subject for the past five years, including this year. So if you don't want to know how much competition you're up against don't look! Otherwise, enjoy. :smile:

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
Reply 991
Original post by lucyevans
congrats! Still havn't heard anything :frown: BA Geography. You?

Bsc Geog. Ah you will hear soon!! :smile:
Original post by Tashaax
Hey did you get an Oxford interview?! I got rejected from there y-day!

But do you have the UCL open day on the 9th?/Kings offer yet? :smile:

Yeah, I have an interview at Oxford :smile: Ah well, you will still end up at an amazing uni!!! I have an offer from Kings, and I'm going to UCL on the 16th as the 9th is too close to a biology exam :smile:
Original post by louisereilly.x
Interview at Oxford! :biggrin:
haven't heard from Durham and no open day for UCL though :frown:
good luck everyone! xxxxx

Good luck! The Keble tutors are lovely. Nothing they say is trying to trip you up. Just show your enthusiasm, practise part a) questions from unit 3 aqa papers, be willing to chat and follow up things in your personal statement and show a bit of sparkle and and you'll do fine.

You'll probably be staying in my block for interviews. I'm in Hayward quad. Unfortunately I can't stay for helping out at interviews but you'll be in capable hands with one of our first year geographers. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by DavidCrow
Good luck! The Keble tutors are lovely. Nothing they say is trying to trip you up. Just show your enthusiasm, practise part a) questions from unit 3 aqa papers, be willing to chat and follow up things in your personal statement and show a bit of sparkle and and you'll do fine.

You'll probably be staying in my block for interviews. I'm in Hayward quad. Unfortunately I can't stay for helping out at interviews but you'll be in capable hands with one of our first year geographers. :smile:

Thanks for the advice :smile: quite looking forward to it actually but am very nervous! hope you have a lovely xmas holiday xxx
Reply 995
Original post by Nemeviaa
I know that there are a few of us applying to Cambridge, and my friend showed me this today; thought you guys might be interested! It has all of the application statistics by college and by subject for the past five years, including this year. So if you don't want to know how much competition you're up against don't look! Otherwise, enjoy. :smile:

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/

That's better than I expected. Last year was ridiculously uncompetitive! Still very good this year though, surprised given how many opted for Cambridge rather than Oxford due to the TSA, and the sheer number of Cambridge applicants on here. They seriously exaggerated statistics on the course page though, history for example is apparently 4 applicants a place... when actually it's under 3.
Conditional offer of ABB for BSc Geography at Exeter university's cornwall campus! :biggrin:
Original post by Nemeviaa
Yep, I think that quite a lot of us were lucky enough to! I have one at Clare on the 5th and so does another person here, and there're at least three or so others on here with interviews at various other colleges that I can think of, including Trinity Hall and Fitzwilliam. :smile: Which college have you applied to?

Yayay! Well done. Mines on the 6th and I'm applying for Kings college, scary oOOooOOoooOOh
just got an offer from king's, FIVE OFFERS WOO sooooooo happy!
Hey Guys,
Anyone received offers for BSc Geography at Bristol University that attend a comprehensive school?
If you have what are you predicted/the offer is?
Thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending