The Student Room Group

dating younger guys

anon or delete, pls!

i recently met a guy and i was shocked to find out that i am nearly 2 years older than him! (i am nearly 23, he has just turned 21). i was surprised that liked him as i usually prefer older guys - although he showed maturity and wisdom far beyond his years. however, today i just realised how much younger than me he actually is!

girls - would you care about this age difference? I know that it isn't a big deal (it'd be totally acceptable the other way around) but there is a stigma assocated with females dating other males.

opinions?
I don't think it matters tbh. If he make you happy you shouldn't care! My first bf was a year younger that me (didn't end well he was so immature but we were only 16). My current bf is quite a bit older than me but I don't care cus he makes me super happy :smile:

Go with whatever your heart tells you to do! :smile: two years is nothing really!

Good luck with whatever you do :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Cant really see a reason for this to be negged? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Did you think he was 21 and he's actually younger? Or is he 21?
What does it matter as long as you are both over 18?
Reply 4
Original post by AmyL6
Did you think he was 21 and he's actually younger? Or is he 21?

No, I assumed he was about 22/23. I know the difference isn't a great deal, but the stigma!
Original post by Anonymous
No, I assumed he was about 22/23. I know the difference isn't a great deal, but the stigma!

**** the stigma, OP you can date whomever you want, so what if he's slightly younger than you?
(edited 11 years ago)
What stigma? You don't know what stigma is until you've been 17 and dated a 15 year old. The reactions were horrendous. I'm now 18 and my current boyfriend is 20. I think you'll be fine.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
Thanks for the encouraging messages, I wish all people would react like you! I'll see how it goes :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
anon or delete, pls!

i recently met a guy and i was shocked to find out that i am nearly 2 years older than him! (i am nearly 23, he has just turned 21). i was surprised that liked him as i usually prefer older guys - although he showed maturity and wisdom far beyond his years. however, today i just realised how much younger than me he actually is!

girls - would you care about this age difference? I know that it isn't a big deal (it'd be totally acceptable the other way around) but there is a stigma assocated with females dating other males.

opinions?

OP I know how you feel. I've been on a few dates with a 20 year old guy and I'm 22. It's more the fact that he was two years below me at school that puts me off. Sucks because I really like the guy.
I think 2 years is still acceptable though, even if I do cringe a wee bit when I say it out loud haha
Reply 9
I don't care about age difference. If I liked a guy and he seemed fairly mature, I would date him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending