The Student Room Group

Hate being skinny!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tooosh
No, just reading. All the information is on the internet, it just takes you wanting to find it to learn it!

And to think I did years of education about biology and PE when its all on the internet #pissedface
1 solution, just before you go to sleep eat something with high carbohydrate content, like: pasta, rice, bread, etc...

People will tell you to drink, this is a bad solution because it lowers testosterone levels, this will decrease growth dramatically.

If you want to gain mass by muscle, lift heavy weights, this will not increase your strength as much but you will become larger, faster. Also eat a lot of protein before and after work outs.
Reply 42
Are you serious? Gaining weight is ok when you need it (like when you can count all the bones in your body), but getting fat? Why? It increases your risks for getting so many health complications... why would you want to do that to yourself?
Reply 43
Original post by es.c
Haha, another one. It is relevant as to what gets burnt because you'd want to burn fat so would work at 60-80%, this is on the basis that you want to put on muscle, rather than fat. So you're saying that in the "summary", you don't gain muscle by the digestion of protein and over-use of muscle, and that you dont burn fat when exercising in a specific heart range..?

You seem to be of the opinion that you can only put on one or the other.

Muscle is built through lifting heavy (or relatively heavy with more repetitions), eating a calorific surplus and getting at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight into your diet, together with your daily intake of vitamins and minerals, if we're talking about optimal muscle building.

Whether you eat very healthily, do a clean bulk and try and keep your fat intake within sensible macronutrient levels or go for an all out dirty bulk, the muscle that you build is dependent on the above criteria being met. What differs with these approaches is simply the amount of fat that you put on.

If you want to put on muscle, you have to lift and have the conditions for building muscle. If you want the muscle to be as lean as possible, it's a matter of controlling your diet, and possibly adding in cardio if you're that concerned about not putting on body fat. If, however, you choose to dirty bulk, yes, you'll put on a hell of a lot of fat, but there will also be a hell of a lot of muscle, too.

What you're saying seems to hinge on the mistaken belief that putting on fat means you're not also putting on muscle, or that not doing cardio somehow compromises your muscular gains. The only way you'll be putting on fat without muscle is if you're following a completely nonsensical lifting routine; i.e. hundreds of 10kg reps in a pseudo-bodybuilding split.
Original post by es.c
It is, well at least amongst all the guys I've known who are normal build guys. Body fat can easily be turned into muscle as long as you eat protein and do weight training at least 3 times a week. I guess because I'm more in contact with youths my age, looking hench is what people want to be, but I guess for older people, theyd rather lose weight. This is The 'Student' Room so I assumed the majority of readers would be around my age

Fat can't be turned into muscle. What idiot told you that? I hope it wasn't your P.E teacher.
Reply 45
[QUOTE="tooosh;38121931"]Why do you want to get fat?
because i'm really skinny and im a girl so doesn't look nice.

Original post by es.c
You'd lose weight, but your body would eventually get used to exercise and would intake X amount of food, burn off Y amount of food from exercise, and store X-Y amount of food as fat regularly.
Then once you stop and consume more, you'd intake X+2 amount of food, burn off Y-2 amount of food, and therefore store (X+2)-(Y-2) amount of food as fat (which is bigger). That's the way I learnt about how body adaptations work. Slightly crazy, but proven to work :tongue:

confused :s-smilie: lol.

Original post by Arva
Why in hell would anybody in their right minds want to get fat?
I have nothing against overweight people, some find it really hard to lose weight. However I simply can't understand somebody wanting to become fat.

because i'm really skinny for my age and as a girl it does not look nice. i just want to be normal not too fat but not too skinny.
Reply 46
Original post by Princess008

because i'm really skinny and im a girl so doesn't look nice.

confused :s-smilie: lol.

because i'm really skinny for my age and as a girl it does not look nice. i just want to be normal not too fat but not too skinny.

Eat. Lift. If you eat a lot, you will put on both fat and muscle and for a girl, I wouldn't have it any other way :colone:
Reply 48
Original post by es.c
It is, well at least amongst all the guys I've known who are normal build guys. Body fat can easily be turned into muscle as long as you eat protein and do weight training at least 3 times a week. I guess because I'm more in contact with youths my age, looking hench is what people want to be, but I guess for older people, theyd rather lose weight. This is The 'Student' Room so I assumed the majority of readers would be around my age

lmfao
Why on earth do you want to be fat?
How ridiculous.
Reply 51
Original post by tooosh
I feel like I could down that right now.

wh have why ruined it with the veg?
Reply 52
Original post by sconter
wh have why ruined it with the veg?

Hey, gotta get your micros in as well.
Reply 53
Original post by Amz1217
Fast way to put on fat maybe to drink around 1 gallon of full fat milk per day, just don't drink all the milk at once

How would she maintain this added weight afterwards though? There's only so long you can drink that amount of milk for.
Complan is amazing for puttng on weight its like a hot choclate and each one has about 1000 calories in it, I lost a hell of alot of weight about 2 stone after abreak up and was only 8stone (im 5ft 11) and I drank these twice a day aswell as a balanced diet and i put on weight really fast, junk food is not good it wont make you fat trust me i got skinnier on junk you burn it off faster as theres no good fat in it
Reply 55
Original post by SillyMilly
Complan is amazing for puttng on weight its like a hot choclate and each one has about 1000 calories in it, I lost a hell of alot of weight about 2 stone after abreak up and was only 8stone (im 5ft 11) and I drank these twice a day aswell as a balanced diet and i put on weight really fast, junk food is not good it wont make you fat trust me i got skinnier on junk you burn it off faster as theres no good fat in it

You metabolise sugars faster and if they don't get used in what you're currently doing, they go to glycogen stores and blood sugar. If they're full/high... fat. You don't get skinnier on junk food, what you smokin?

Original post by knoxuk
How would she maintain this added weight afterwards though? There's only so long you can drink that amount of milk for.

While it'll take an amount of calories to get to whatever weight, it will take less to maintain it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tooosh
You metabolise sugars faster and if they don't get used in what you're currently doing, they go to glycogen stores and blood sugar. If they're full/high... fat. You don't get skinnier on junk food, what you smokin?

While it'll take an amount of calories to get to whatever weight, it will take less to maintain it.

Not even joking when I was living of mcdonalds, KFC sweets my weight dropped i was loosing weight every week, as soon as i started to eat healthy like veg, fruit, white meat etc my weight crept up ..?Im not science fan i do not undertsnd why thi shappend but for me eating junk food caused weight loss
Original post by swaggiee
I WANNA BE FATTER TOO AND YES THE OBVIOUS THING TO DO WOULD BE TO EAT AND EAT

BUT I GET FULL SOOOOOO QUICK!!! I CANT EVEN FINISH A HAPPY MEAL :frown:

HELPPPPPPPPPPP

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Urgh I find threads / posts like these so annoying.

Original Poster: OMG I'M SO SKINNY! :eek: OMG I HATE IT! :eek: OMG HOW CAN I GET FAT I WANT TO GET FAT OMG OMG OMG! :eek:

Other Poster: Eat loads.

Original Poster: OMG WHAT? :eek: I CAN'T DO THAT! :eek: OMG I CAN'T EAT LOADS OMG OMG OMG :eek:

Seriously :colonhash: My instant response is to say "well stfu and stop complaining then". The same way if you're not prepared to put the effort in to lose weight you won't, if you're not prepared to put the effort in to gain it you can't. And for crying out loud what you're asking to do doesn't even require that much effort - you want to get fat, get some food in your belly.

You can't even finish a happy meal? WHAT KIND OF FOOLISHNESS IS THIS? :angry: If you want to gain weight then tough you're going to have to finish a meal, and not a happy one either - go medium. Once you can manage medium, go large. Chase it up with not one but TWO desserts. None of this diet coke nonsense either; if you want to gain the weight, you need to consume the calories.

Threads like these make me so angry. If you can't finish a happy meal, it's more likely a mental block than a physical one, at least that's typically the case with other girls in the same position as you.

tl;dr If you want to get fat, eat more. If you aren't prepared to do so then stop wasting our time with your pointless threads. End of rant.

If you follow my precious advice, soon enough people won't be ready for your jelly because your body will be bootylicious :colone:

Disclaimer: I will not be held liable if once you have reached your desired weight you suddenly want to lose it again.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by SillyMilly
Not even joking when I was living of mcdonalds, KFC sweets my weight dropped i was loosing weight every week, as soon as i started to eat healthy like veg, fruit, white meat etc my weight crept up ..?Im not science fan i do not undertsnd why thi shappend but for me eating junk food caused weight loss

You're evidently not a fan of English, either.

That's completely anecdotal and disingenuous to the thread unless you can compare portion sizes, frequency of meals and - most importantly - calorific intake.

If you ate purely junk food (aside from the negative health effects of missing out on vital vitamins and taking it astronomically large amounts of saturated fat, sugar and salt), you could still be eating under your BMR (i.e. likely to be around 2,000 calories). Whereas you can eat healthily and eat more than your BMR. Given that weight gain ultimately comes down to a calorific surplus, it's perfectly possible to lose weight while eating junk food.
Original post by zjs
You're evidently not a fan of English, either.

That's completely anecdotal and disingenuous to the thread unless you can compare portion sizes, frequency of meals and - most importantly - calorific intake.

If you ate purely junk food (aside from the negative health effects of missing out on vital vitamins and taking it astronomically large amounts of saturated fat, sugar and salt), you could still be eating under your BMR (i.e. likely to be around 2,000 calories). Whereas you can eat healthily and eat more than your BMR. Given that weight gain ultimately comes down to a calorific surplus, it's perfectly possible to lose weight while eating junk food.

Not quite sure if you are insulting me or agreeing to what I was saying that I did loose weight on junk food was trying to explain to the op that eating surplus junk food didnt put on weight for me maybe the same for her?

Quick Reply

Latest