The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I just remembered that last year UBS was really quick to recruit - they were filled way before deadline (and so was BNPP for Equity Research, at least) so I would make sure to apply early this year :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by JustR
So far I know E&Y have definitely opened their summer 2013 vacancies and PWC have opened some as well

Can someone please attach the link for the EY internship application website.. I can only fin it for summer 2012 not 2013. Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
its really quite annoying when some careers sites are still somehow recruiting for 2010... :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Original post by miml
Is Greenhill open yet? Says on the site that they are opening applications in July, but I can't see a link apart from the freshminds page.

As a heads up Lazard opens on the 1st and Barclays probably will too.

Applications for Greenhill have opened recently as there is a new link to apply on the freshminds page.

On a general note it unfortunately seems that they are not taking non-EU international students for positions.
Reply 24
Original post by Ariss
Applications for Greenhill have opened recently as there is a new link to apply on the freshminds page.

On a general note it unfortunately seems that they are not taking non-EU international students for positions.

Yeah, I sent my application Friday night.

I agree it's annoying for non-EU students, especially seeing as a) there are so many studying in British universities and b) every other bank is happy to take international students.
Original post by miml
Yeah, I sent my application Friday night.

I agree it's annoying for non-EU students, especially seeing as a) there are so many studying in British universities and b) every other bank is happy to take international students.

Really? I am non-EU and my application got through fine.
Reply 26
When you say got through fine, have you been contacted to say you passed the initial stage? If so, how long did it take for them to come back to you?

I sent mine in this weekend, so I will see what happens this week. It does seem a very short application, which indicates they know exactly what they are looking for from a CV!

Original post by dogmatichurricane
Hey, Firstly good luck to everyone applying.

I had a couple of questions about the sales and trading internships, in particular regarding my CV.

Firstly, I made more than 6000pounds last year through sports betting over 7months or so, should I include this as I have heard that good gamblers have some skills that can be utilized in trading.

Also, i started trading and investing with virtual money and have just started investing with real money, does this look impressive on a CV for a trading role?

Lastly, I did the IB diploma and usually only put the UCAS tariff conversion on my CV but should I also include the A level equivalent, or are most bankers aware of UCAS tariff points and their significance.

Thanks for your help
Reply 28
Last year the Greenhill recruitment was done by the Cornell partnership, and having just put an application in for the 2013 internship it says: '' You should shortly receive an email confirming that your application has been received. Once received, your application will be reviewed within 48 - 72 hours. ''

So I wonder if Freshminds will be making it a quicker job this year to forward people the test or 1st round invites..
Reply 29
Original post by a10realmadrid
Hey, Firstly good luck to everyone applying.

I had a couple of questions about the sales and trading internships, in particular regarding my CV.

Firstly, I made more than 6000pounds last year through sports betting over 7months or so, should I include this as I have heard that good gamblers have some skills that can be utilized in trading.

Also, i started trading and investing with virtual money and have just started investing with real money, does this look impressive on a CV for a trading role?

Lastly, I did the IB diploma and usually only put the UCAS tariff conversion on my CV but should I also include the A level equivalent, or are most bankers aware of UCAS tariff points and their significance.

Thanks for your help

Obviously, there are pro's like me who make 27k easily... in a year in sports trading but I guess elements of this are transferrable to a s&t role... so definitely sell it, as it would make you stand out from the crowd...
Original post by bluenose53
Last year the Greenhill recruitment was done by the Cornell partnership, and having just put an application in for the 2013 internship it says: '' You should shortly receive an email confirming that your application has been received. Once received, your application will be reviewed within 48 - 72 hours. ''

So I wonder if Freshminds will be making it a quicker job this year to forward people the test or 1st round invites..

Was wondering that too; for the internship they started interviewing in January last year (through Cornell Partnership obviously) so it's hard to judge when to send the application off this year for the best shot of an interview. Will Freshminds just review applications for the next few months then start interviewing come November/December time, or are they starting interviews asap...
Reply 31
Original post by dogmatichurricane
The reason why I had said that it seems like they don't take applications is because of "If you are not an EU citizen, you must hold an indefinite work permit for the UK."

As international students are on a student visa I believe they do not have an indefinite work permit for the UK, implying that they do require an employer to sponsor them for a job post studies. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
I'm apply for spring weeks and first year internships :smile: I'm guessing they might be difficult to get hold of since I'm doing a philosophy degree but worth a shot.
Original post by Ariss
The reason why I had said that it seems like they don't take applications is because of "If you are not an EU citizen, you must hold an indefinite work permit for the UK."

As international students are on a student visa I believe they do not have an indefinite work permit for the UK, implying that they do require an employer to sponsor them for a job post studies. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah I see what you mean - I just stated that my student visa lets me work full-time during vacation though you're right in the fact that I would require an employer to sponsor me post-education. Oh well, it would be a bummer if that's the case.
Reply 34
when are people thinking of submitting applications?
If you go to UCL or LSE and want to make some extra money by filling out summer internship applications for me send me a PM. I will pay for each application filled and will give you a bonus for each interview I get. This offer is 100% sincere. Get in touch.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Do people still offer to take numerical tests for others for a small fee?
Reply 37
Original post by effofex
Do people still offer to take numerical tests for others for a small fee?

I'll take your tests. £5 per test. If I fail it I'll give you £25 back.
Reply 38
Original post by miml
I'll take your tests. £5 per test. If I fail it I'll give you £25 back.

And what if I want you to take it in person as well? Can you maybe make it to Copenhagen in 2-3 weeks time?
Reply 39
Original post by effofex
And what if I want you to take it in person as well? Can you maybe make it to Copenhagen in 2-3 weeks time?

Seriously? I mean I can see why you would pay for someone to take a test online - it's anonymous and if you are struggling with them it gives a decent shot at getting through the next stage. But how am I supposed to pass off as you?

In any case, yeah, I'd take them in person if I had flights and everything paid for. Still not sure if this is serious though.

What test is it anyway? Standard SHL numerical, or something different?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending