The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hypercaine.
A long time but I applied the day they opened, took about a month. Technology which I know is looked down upon here but I study CS and was able to show a genuine interest which goes a long way.

Congrats mate, when is your assessment centre?
Original post by EconUndergrad
Congrats mate, when is your assessment centre?

Cheers, in just over 2 weeks time!

To all people PM'ing me no I wont help you, if you have a question ask me in here and do your research like I did; theres plenty of stuff all over the internet. Also the interviewer is from the department you apply to, therefore probably wont be asking the same questions.
Reply 1182
What type of test are Credit Suisse?

Kenexa or SHL?

Also, the verbal comes before the numerical?
(edited 11 years ago)
Do Morgan Stanley reject you straight away if you fail the numerical?
Reply 1184
Original post by EdHawks
What type of test are Credit Suisse?

Kenexa or SHL?

Also, the verbal comes before the numerical?

Kenexa,

forgot which order verbal and numerical come in.
Hi guys, few questions!

1. How disadvantaged will I be if I only start applying now
2. Which banks screen before sending out their tests?
Reply 1186
How do Barclays contact you for the phone interview? Do they send an email or do they call you up?
Original post by kabs13
How do Barclays contact you for the phone interview? Do they send an email or do they call you up?

They email and ask you to book a slot
Reply 1188
Do Credit Suisse auto reject you if you fail one of the tests?
Am I right in thinking that few banks offer asset management internships?

I've been looking at the ones who do and it's very few.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Am I right in thinking that few banks offer asset management internships?

I've been looking at the ones who do and it's very few.

Yep.

Technically asset management is not investment banking. It's in a separate entity, on the buy side.

I know someone who did a summer at goldman in AM but that person was absolutely ****ing perfectly brilliant. Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1191
Original post by EdHawks

Every bank will auto-reject you if you fail one of their tests. The question is how long does it take for them to reject you - some will reject you immediately, some prefer to give you a false sense of hope and make you wait a few days.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by miml
Apart from BarCap, Lazard and Greenhill has anyone heard anything about interviews?

Yes
Is it too late to start applying now? I mean, I have applied to several places, but for those that I have not started yet I wondered if it is late?
Reply 1195
Original post by Baxus2010
Is it too late to start applying now? I mean, I have applied to several places, but for those that I have not started yet I wondered if it is late?

No, most people I know haven't applied yet. Loads do in early-mid October, after going to a few Bank presentations on campus as well.
I don't understand why they visit universities so late when there's probably somewhat of an advantage applying early.
Original post by dudeboy2
Sorry to hear about your rejection, but how long after you applied did they reject you?

It's just a strange one because I tick many of the boxes other than having a quantitative degree, in terms of investment soc pres, previous work experience, semi target undergrad and target grad school. Enough for some tests at least I thought.. No mistakes in my app either, but could be my final year status or 320 Uncas points maybe.

To stop grovelling and answer your question, 9 days after applying on 10th Sept

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Are you guys really sure that they really review it before sending out tests? Because sometimes, like yesterday I sent my application to DB and it was "under review". Just received e-mail like 2 hours ago that I am invited to tests. Sounds too fast if people really are doing it.
Original post by Baxus2010
Are you guys really sure that they really review it before sending out tests? Because sometimes, like yesterday I sent my application to DB and it was "under review". Just received e-mail like 2 hours ago that I am invited to tests. Sounds too fast if people really are doing it.

A few banks review before, but a few do not... off the top of my head RBS, HSBC and CITI are known to review before, but most banks send test automatically immediately after you apply or at a set time after you apply. In the case of BAML you have to pass test before you send the bulk of your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending