The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

I was wondering if someone can suggest a few M&A boutiques that offer summer internships, expect Greenhill?
Thanks
Original post by philippat
I was wondering if someone can suggest a few M&A boutiques that offer summer internships, expect Greenhill?
Thanks

Goldman sachs

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1382
Goldman Sachs is not a boutique........
Reply 1384
What tests are you required to do for MS IBD and how long does JP Morgan take to reply post numericals?
Reply 1385
Has anyone heard back from Citi after completing their numerical tests?? And how long after did you hear?
Reply 1387
Original post by greatoak

:eek:
Reply 1388
Thanks

Original post by Enculade38
Goldman sachs

Original post by TomasK
:eek:

Make sense now?
Reply 1389
Make sense now?

Not really. Was sort of implying that you fail to detect/dislike sarcasm in general as he was obviously just fooling around.

EDIT: although if you think about it, GS is actually a little boutique-ish (at least in headcount terms) relative to say JPM. EDIT 2: before anyone flames here, yeah, I do realise headcount across regions is not how you distinguish between BBs and boutiques.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1390
Original post by TomasK
Not really. Was sort of implying that you fail to detect/dislike sarcasm in general as he was obviously just fooling around.

EDIT: although if you think about it, GS is actually a little boutique-ish (at least in headcount terms) relative to say JPM. EDIT 2: before anyone flames here, yeah, I do realise headcount across regions is not how you distinguish between BBs and boutiques.

Well it was not obvious to me.

Dont know why you feel the need to justify what you are saying, it really don't matter mate.

Good luck with your applications.
Reply 1391
Well it was not obvious to me.

Dont know why you feel the need to justify what you are saying, it really don't matter mate.

Good luck with your applications.

Wasn't meant to be an attack or anything. Good luck to you as well.
Having read the last comments, i would definitely say that Goldman Sachs is not a boutique, given their international exposure and their way of doing, it's so not a boutique... I'm just wondering if you guys reallly know what a boutique is ? Seriously saying that GS is a boutique...
Reply 1393
Thanks

To try to get back on topic and be helpful, some boutiques which are worth researching are:

Evercore
Gleacher Shacklock
Arma Partners
Centerview Partners
Ondra Partners
Quayle Munroe
Perella Weinberg Partners
McQueen

Not saying that they all have lots of spots available, and will leave into others to debate qualities of each boutique, but something to start your research on.

Good luck!

The GradNav team
Original post by Enculade38
Are you penultimate year student available in June 2013 and graduating in June 2014?
Di you fill all the requirements ?
Did you fill in properly the app form ?

I am a penultimate year student, graduating in 2014 and obviously available at the correct dates (even changed it to fit whatever they asked)...
Somehow it was an easy choice for them, or I pressed a wrong button somewhere during the app process. Last year I had exactly the same with HSBC problem because they told me I do not fit the penultimate requirement (I was planing to take a 1 year MSc instead, which made me at the time penultimate)...
Original post by adamsmithone
Having read the last comments, i would definitely say that Goldman Sachs is not a boutique, given their international exposure and their way of doing, it's so not a boutique... I'm just wondering if you guys reallly know what a boutique is ? Seriously saying that GS is a boutique...

I've spoken to people who work in investment banks that have no idea what a boutique is.
Reply 1396
The whole boutique debate is getting hilarious...

Also, as GradNav said, just to be helpful. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_investment_banks Enjoy doing your research.
(edited 11 years ago)
I want to work for the Goldman Sachs.

Original post by adamsmithone

I definitely agree with that...and in spite of all the comments, this nerd just keep on saying " I want to work for GS ".

guy, don't you understand that goldman sachs is not a boutique? have ever wondered at least once in your entire life what is a boutique?????????

there are plenty of definitions on the internet such as:

A boutique investment bank is a small investment bank that specializes in primarily investment banking. Usually they work on smaller deals, typically less than a billion dollars, and usually assist on the sell-side in M&A transactions. In addition they sometimes specialize in certain industries like media, healthcare, industrials, technology or energy. Some banks may specialize in certain types of transactions or preferred underwriting. Typically, boutique investment banks have one, two, or three offices and may specialize in advisory services for certain geographic regions.

A small brokerage and investment advisory firm that offers highly personalized services to a select group of individuals. Boutiques have only a few clients.

Boutique investment banks are usually smaller investment banks that specializes in certain types of sectors or companies. They tend to work on smaller deals or niche deals, usually below a billion dollars. Often, they will work on the the sell-side of a deal (i.e. helping sell a company as opposed to helping buy a company). They are good places to consider if you didn't get an offer at the bulge brackets as they are not sensitive to poorer academic records (except for the most prestigious ones) and will be a first good step into investment banking.

A small or regionally located advisory firmoffering individualized investmentservices and portfolio management to a targeted clientele. Clients tend to be individuals with a high net worth or a larger amount of investable assets.

obviously, GS is not described by those definitions. got it?
:angry:

Reply 1399
Original post by clarissa.petteni
I definitely agree with that...and in spite of all the comments, this nerd just keep on saying " I want to work for GS ".

guy, don't you understand that goldman sachs is not a boutique? have ever wondered at least once in your entire life what is a boutique?????????

there are plenty of definitions on the internet such as:

A boutique investment bank is a small investment bank that specializes in primarily investment banking. Usually they work on smaller deals, typically less than a billion dollars, and usually assist on the sell-side in M&A transactions. In addition they sometimes specialize in certain industries like media, healthcare, industrials, technology or energy. Some banks may specialize in certain types of transactions or preferred underwriting. Typically, boutique investment banks have one, two, or three offices and may specialize in advisory services for certain geographic regions.

A small brokerage and investment advisory firm that offers highly personalized services to a select group of individuals. Boutiques have only a few clients.

Boutique investment banks are usually smaller investment banks that specializes in certain types of sectors or companies. They tend to work on smaller deals or niche deals, usually below a billion dollars. Often, they will work on the the sell-side of a deal (i.e. helping sell a company as opposed to helping buy a company). They are good places to consider if you didn't get an offer at the bulge brackets as they are not sensitive to poorer academic records (except for the most prestigious ones) and will be a first good step into investment banking.

A small or regionally located advisory firmoffering individualized investmentservices and portfolio management to a targeted clientele. Clients tend to be individuals with a high net worth or a larger amount of investable assets.

obviously, GS is not described by those definitions. got it?
:angry:

Rage quit?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending