The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Anyone been lucky enough to hear back from vetting yet? Hopefully won't be too much longer.
Original post by Hardy1991
Anyone been lucky enough to hear back from vetting yet? Hopefully won't be too much longer.

I just got my clearance for barrier caseworker. I was offered the job at the begining of March so it's taken about a month since I sent all my details/references off.

I got an email today saying I'd passed the security checks but there was no other information so idk what happens next. I guess someone will email me eventually. I have another job offer though so I'm not sure if I'm even going to take the UKBA job anymore..
Hi guys.

I just got my reply for the Border Force Officer role. here is what it said:

"Thank you for attending the interview for the above post with the UK Border Force. We are sorry that it has taken us longer than expected to notify you of the results.

Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform you that, after careful consideration, the interview board have not recommended you for appointment on this occasion. You will appreciate that this is an extremely competitive area of employment and the overall quality of applicants has been extremely high.

We regret that due to the number of candidates interviewed feedback will not be available.

We would like to thank you for the time and commitment you have given to the recruitment process and for the interest you have shown in the UK Border Force. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Kind Regards"
I haven't commented before, but I have endeavored to create this account to thank everyone that has made an effort to comment and make useful contributions to this thread. I can't actually put into words how helpful and supportive you guys have been. Thanks again. For those of you wondering how long the process has been (In relation to my application specifically) here's a brief run through: 1st Jan 2013 = sent of application; 14 jan = completed online assessment; 20th Feb = told i was on reserve list for interview; 1st March = invited for interview; 8th march = interviewed; 15th march = received email from capita RE results delay; 16th April = Rejected............The whole process has been a farce. Thank goodness I didn't hold my breath and actually secured another job during the intervening MONTHS. Best of luck to you all. Its probably a fantastic job; notwithstanding the slothful process used to determine ones suitability.
Reply 1983
Hi thanks for your post and really sorry you didn't get the job. The waiting time has been a farce and not professional.

Has anyone else heard yet regarding the BFO role? Please comment.

Thanks,

Krazy....
I'm had my interview last week mon for the abfo and haven't heard anything yet. From reading the posts on this board it looks like everyone has been waiting ages for a response. I'm just hoping the wait is worth it because to wait several weeks for a rejection is pretty bad
Original post by jond0e1
I worked as an Admissions Officer for HMPS for 4 years (Civil Service). I then worked as British Transport Police staff for around 1.5 years.
I've also done 2 years as a PSCO and 3 years as Met Police staff
How about yourself? What is your background?

Any news jond0e1? The wait is murder
Reply 1986
Original post by wmp1990112
Any news jond0e1? The wait is murder

Nope I haven't heard anything as yet, I think it's early days still according to experience of others on this thread.
How did your interview go btw? Were you happy with it?
Mine went pretty good I suppose. However, I did miss a few things out that I had initially planned to incorporate into my explanations. I realised this right after my interview was over, whilst I was filling in the paperwork.
I believe I gave solid, confident and relevant examples but I'm likely to have missed out on a mark or two in some areas.
How about yourself? Or any others on here that wish to share your experiences during interview?
Mine went ok I suppose, I believe I could have done better because they kept probing for more info, I think I may have made a mistake trying to tick all the competencies with my examples, at the end I asked the interview and he said they are recruiting loads of people, out of my group I was the last one to finish the interview. I'm hoping to hear by mon because I'm going on holiday and don't want to be thinking about this
Original post by k_goes_large
Hi guys.

I just got my reply for the Border Force Officer role. here is what it said:

"Thank you for attending the interview for the above post with the UK Border Force. We are sorry that it has taken us longer than expected to notify you of the results.

Unfortunately, we are sorry to inform you that, after careful consideration, the interview board have not recommended you for appointment on this occasion. You will appreciate that this is an extremely competitive area of employment and the overall quality of applicants has been extremely high.

We regret that due to the number of candidates interviewed feedback will not be available.

We would like to thank you for the time and commitment you have given to the recruitment process and for the interest you have shown in the UK Border Force. We wish you all the best in your future career.

Kind Regards"
I haven't commented before, but I have endeavored to create this account to thank everyone that has made an effort to comment and make useful contributions to this thread. I can't actually put into words how helpful and supportive you guys have been. Thanks again. For those of you wondering how long the process has been (In relation to my application specifically) here's a brief run through: 1st Jan 2013 = sent of application; 14 jan = completed online assessment; 20th Feb = told i was on reserve list for interview; 1st March = invited for interview; 8th march = interviewed; 15th march = received email from capita RE results delay; 16th April = Rejected............The whole process has been a farce. Thank goodness I didn't hold my breath and actually secured another job during the intervening MONTHS. Best of luck to you all. Its probably a fantastic job; notwithstanding the slothful process used to determine ones suitability.
There'll be other opportunities. Largely because so many people want to leave...
Reply 1989
Finally got an invite to interview after being on the reserve list.:smile: Have to start my preparation fingers cross the wait will be worth it.
Reply 1990
Original post by mumz
Finally got an invite to interview after being on the reserve list.:smile: Have to start my preparation fingers cross the wait will be worth it.

Hello Mumz,
First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate you on reaching the interview stage!!
What position did you apply for and how long have you been on the reserve list for? Some details on the dates would be a great to help others to gain clues on waiting times and recruitment numbers etc..
How many dates of choices were you given for your interview slot?
Anyone else here in the same boat as Mumzie?
Thank you in advance for your time and goodluck in your interview!
Reply 1991
Original post by jond0e1
Hello Mumz,
First and foremost, I'd like to congratulate you on reaching the interview stage!!
What position did you apply for and how long have you been on the reserve list for? Some details on the dates would be a great to help others to gain clues on waiting times and recruitment numbers etc..
How many dates of choices were you given for your interview slot?
Anyone else here in the same boat as Mumzie?
Thank you in advance for your time and goodluck in your interview!

BFO
Been on the reserve list since Feb around 2 months, I had practicably given up there was a choice of five dates to choose from looks like interviews will be going throughout May. Thanks I will try to prepare as best as I can. I had interview for this role last year but was ill prepared this forum has been very useful wish I had known about it before.
Reply 1992
Hi, I had an interview for the BFO position about 5 weeks ago now after being on the reserve list. has anyone had an response from them or contacted them to ask about the delay? After my interview they said may be 3-4 weeks for a response. Has anyone been successful from this campaign on this site? Would just like to know now one way or the other and end the waiting!
I called them today, they said they are waiting to hear back from the home office, don't know what that means but at least we still in it
Reply 1994
Original post by Zvyezda
Unbelievable!!!! I finally got a reply for BFO role after being on the reserve list for an interview only to say that I'm ineligible due to 9 months in Germany! I emailed them to ask this before I even completed my application. Furthermore, I managed to get overseas criminal record clearance for an airport security job- why can't I do the same for this?! I know that some of you have been in contact with UKBA/Capita regarding application outcomes, can anyone suggest who may be the best person to contact about this? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My appeal was accepted and I got offered an interview!!! :biggrin:
Got offered a Border Force Officer interview today, yet I havent heard about my Assistant BO interview?

WHATT. Go capita. You certainly rock.
finally heard bacK after my BFO interview in Feb ! - not got it sadly...

however some of the moaning about time frames does make me laugh - especially compared to the tiem frames for other LE roles or the military ...
Reply 1997
Has anyone heard from BFO Interview results??
Got my clearance in the post last week and was offered a start date. Rejecting the ABFO position however. But my process has been very quick unlike for some. I don't know why. But good luck to all who are still waiting!
Reply 1999
Hi all, regarding the BFO interview- can anybody tell me if there's any more information about the competences to be found anywhere? Also, can you use different examples at the same workplace for the competences? Or should it be in varied situations too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending