The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zigler2145
Yes I will, don't want to wait around for a third missed call....it's difficult answering my phone at work. Fingers crossed it is them and it's good news.

Hopefully they give you a range of start dates to choose from so you can still go on holiday.

God I hope I can still go on holiday, as my bf won't be happy if we have to cancel, but I just want to get started so if I the dates falls on my holiday I'll take it and see if I could just change the dates with the holiday company later on in the year.
Hopefully it was them trying to contact you, love having 4 days off work, but it's rubbish when you're waiting to find out news!
Reply 4101
Original post by amber987
Hey all I just found out that I got the BFO job at Gatwick yay! Is anyone already there? What hours do you work? And does anyone know what the AHW % is? Thanks!

I am a bfo at Gatwick. We recently started new shift pattern so you do 4 x 10 and half hour shifts and if they are nights you get 4 days off after them. The current ahw for a officer is 43%
Original post by Heddwyn1
I am a bfo at Gatwick. We recently started new shift pattern so you do 4 x 10 and half hour shifts and if they are nights you get 4 days off after them. The current ahw for a officer is 43%

Hey, Heddwyn
What happens after early/day shifts, don't Officers get four days off also?

Oh, and does the initial couple of weeks BF-training take place at Gatwick or in Croydon and Feltham?
:smile:
Reply 4103
Original post by Justice-Officer

Hey, Heddwyn
What happens after early/day shifts, don't Officers get four days off also?

Oh, and does the initial couple of weeks BF-training take place at Gatwick or in Croydon and Feltham?
:smile:

The 4 days off is after runs of nights. Our training was at Gatwick which i think is where most is being held at moment
Reply 4104
Original post by waitingandwaitin
Just a quick update its been 54 days since my sc clearance was submitted and today my clearance was granted and I have a start date. Its been a long process but I suppose the moral of the story is it will all come right at the end it all just takes time. Hope all those who are waiting get their clearance through quickly

I am on 44 days excluding Fri and Mon
Reply 4105
Original post by Air-Cooled
I applied for the role AIO, at Heathrow, and I was given 3 choices for start dates. The first was too soon, as I still have to give at least a months notice, the second was perfect, and the third was too far away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any discusson about Holidays? I have one booked in Aug with the family
Reply 4106
Does anyone know if our references are contacted during the pre-employment checks or once the security link is submitted?

I'm still waiting for a security link and none of my references have been contacted yet.

I submitted my forms to CSR for Gatwick BFO about 3 weeks ago for pre-employment checks, etc.
Reply 4107
Original post by Vert97
Does anyone know if our references are contacted during the pre-employment checks or once the security link is submitted?

I'm still waiting for a security link and none of my references have been contacted yet.

I submitted my forms to CSR for Gatwick BFO about 3 weeks ago for pre-employment checks, etc.

me toooo!!! I am getting so impatient waiting!! I don't think my managers have been contacted as they've not said anything :s-smilie:
Reply 4108
Original post by mib1990
me toooo!!! I am getting so impatient waiting!! I don't think my managers have been contacted as they've not said anything :s-smilie:

I really hope we hear something this week. I was thinking of maybe emailing CSR for an update but don't know if I should bug them lol.
Thought I was alone in this process so really glad to have found this forum...

I applied for BFO Heathrow position in sept2013

Online test oct2013

Interview dec2013

Recommendation and medical a few weeks later dec2013

Then nothing......... SC link about a week ago and now app in progress... So it's been 8 months almost

It's been such a long process, hopefully this final stage isn't too long. I'm not really sure what happens next so wouldn't mind any info if anyone can let me know.
Reply 4110
Original post by Onlytimewilltell
Thought I was alone in this process so really glad to have found this forum...

I applied for BFO Heathrow position in sept2013

Online test oct2013

Interview dec2013

Recommendation and medical a few weeks later dec2013

Then nothing......... SC link about a week ago and now app in progress... So it's been 8 months almost

It's been such a long process, hopefully this final stage isn't too long. I'm not really sure what happens next so wouldn't mind any info if anyone can let me know.

Expect to be waiting another 6-8 weeks yet sorry
Reply 4111
Hi all,

Got my start date today eeekkk 19th May anyone else on my course (This is subject to my current employer agreeing as only 27 days notice) HAPPY DAYS. There seems to be movement for quite a few so I hope it continues :-)
Reply 4112
Original post by dafox76
Hi all,

Got my start date today eeekkk 19th May anyone else on my course (This is subject to my current employer agreeing as only 27 days notice) HAPPY DAYS. There seems to be movement for quite a few so I hope it continues :-)

Ahh wicked news so happy for you! My security clearance status has changed from 'in progress' to completed' today so hopefully I will have some good news aswell.
May I ask how you were informed? I work nights an worry I'm going to be asleep if they call.
Reply 4113
Original post by jimmyj88
Ahh wicked news so happy for you! My security clearance status has changed from 'in progress' to completed' today so hopefully I will have some good news aswell.
May I ask how you were informed? I work nights an worry I'm going to be asleep if they call.

It has been another 3 weeks since my clearance changed so you may have to wait a wee bit longer.... I was contacted by email and asked to call my sponsor to agree a date and pretty much as simple as that :-)
Reply 4114
Did you receive a DBS certificate in the post prior to receiving and submitting the security clearance link?
Reply 4115
Hi, i wonder if someone can help me. I have been offered job as Assistant officer and i really want to take it but i dont think i will be able to work full time as there are very odd shift times.. And i have a 1 yr old baby.

Just wanted to check from those who work in border force already whether they let you go part time after you have started?? E.g I am with NHS at the moment and here we staff can request to change contract hours whenever we like and 99% times the request of carer/parents is approved.. I was thinking if they have same policy or not... Anyone know this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dafox76
Hi all,

Yay well done!
Original post by Air-Cooled
Yep.. I start training on the 2nd of June at Heathrow for AIO..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Joshua, wel done!!

Wel now you can strt up and get some experience, so we'l know who to bother when we join!!
Original post by dark_defender
Hi Nadia, I received the link on Monday, any luck with you?

Wel done dark-defender.... no luck with me as yet. But hearing all you lot on here I've got high hopes. SLOWLY BUT SURELY hey?
Original post by waitingandwaitin
Im in the north got to clear the 5th with my current HR but shouldnt be a problem. Was the only date suggested to be honest

Its for an intelligence officer role

Hi waitingandwaitin, 2 quick questions, hope u don't mind...
- was the vacancy internal civil service or external open to all?
- if internal cs only, did you receive/get told about what happens regarding your pay, current leave entitlement etc before you accepted?

I only ask because I'm a current cs with 10+ years (so 30 days leave) and was advised Id get my departments max (more than HO max) + AWH so wondered if this could be incorrect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending