The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I'm in the same position, just says under review
Reply 6721
Original post by Stallion1989
Yeah I'm in the same position, just says under review

Just had an email. Successful at sift, but no vacancies so on hold.
Yeah I got the same
Original post by Fac51
Just had an email. Successful at sift, but no vacancies so on hold.
Anyone applied to heathrow heard anything in regards to interview results?
Yes I applied at Heathrow had my interview last week but haven’t heard any news yet what about yourself?
Original post by mjabarkhyl16
Anyone applied to heathrow heard anything in regards to interview results?
Reply 6725
You probably wont hear anything for a while so be patient. Normally all interviews will be carried out and then once they have all been graded you will then get notified. The usual email will say that you have reached the minimum standard and you will be placed on a reserve list. Then as places become available they start contacting people to start the pre employment checks. These take a while to...
If you havent made the grade....try and obtain feedback and try again.

Good luck
Hi there

I was wondering if you took the border force role? Do you know what the shift pattern is?
Original post by shorty193
I'm have got the job but I am confused about taking it!
They have not made what the role is very clear and what the shifts patterns are? I have a very good job at the moment but I'm not sure whether it is worth it? Does any one know what the pay is?
Hi

Anybody from these old group for Border Force able to tell me what the shift patterns are like? It be helpful to get a screen shot if possible. Also how many weekends off do you get? Also it be interesting to know whether people who have taken the job actually like it?

Thank you
How long after your interview did it take to hear back?
Original post by Ikram190401
Yes I applied at Heathrow had my interview last week but haven’t heard any news yet what about yourself?

How long did it take for you to hear back after your interviews
Original post by Caz246
Hi vharuniya, my training is in Croydon so I am staying there Sunday to Friday, hotel and travel is all paid for and expenses for good. As I transferred from another gov dept I kept my salary but I think the starting salary for AIO is around £17500 plus your AHA percentage on top of that so for eg if your % was 20% you'd get £3500 on top of that, and yes you get paid monthly in arrears as soon as you start. I started. 7th Oct and will get paid at the end of the month.

This is a shot in the dark 7 years later 😂 but if by some miracle you are still on this site, I am waiting on a start date as AIO and would love some insight.

Cheers
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tanzz25
I had my interview on 10th December and i received same email when i contacted them for an update.. And then they sent another email last week to say that i am on reserve list now and will confirm whether i got job or not in Feburary. So i am not sure if your email means u are on reserve list as it doesnt say this..

Have been on reserve list for 6 months got an email yesterday saying there is no job available and after going through everything and waiting for 6 months they have said there is no job and have taken ne off reserve
Original post by Sarahjayne83
Yeah PST was a week. You will do core skills 1 first then later on will be doing 3 core skill 2 is customs which I feel you have to push for only once 1 and 3 are done, some people still waiting to do core skills 2 and been in the role for 4 years, so I think you have to push to get into customs

I've found the traffic on a Monday morning terrible so give your self plenty of time!!enjoy!!

What was PST like? I am a big guy (working on loosing weight) but am hoping I will still be able to keep up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending