The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Hello everyone who applied for IO...

emailed UKBA today and found out that training courses likely to be in Jan, and that most of the positions will be in London bridge. Also heard from home office that their security department have been asked to prioritise applications for clearance from UKBA. All positive news :smile:

Hope everyone gets their provisional offers soon x
Reply 981
Original post by Keystone
Hello everyone who applied for IO...

emailed UKBA today and found out that training courses likely to be in Jan, and that most of the positions will be in London bridge. Also heard from home office that their security department have been asked to prioritise applications for clearance from UKBA. All positive news :smile:

Hope everyone gets their provisional offers soon x

Last part is great news for all of us!! London Bridge for you Keystone, very jealous!
Reply 982
Immigration officer role: good news about the start date and location! I have a few issues, I've been arrested before, I hope this doesn't effect security clearance! Obviously I will declare it. Also, I will require flexi-working...will anyone else require this? Not sure how it will work tbh!! Anyone else abit on the chubby side and worrying about the fitness test (do we even have a fitness test?!)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
anyone who is about to start/ has started training for the border force officer role at heathrow - do you know what the dress code is for the training?
Anybody got any IO offers/rejections come in today?
Reply 985
Original post by oneinamillion
Anybody got any IO offers/rejections come in today?

Nope, still nothing. :frown:
Original post by MFK47
Nope, still nothing. :frown:

It's getting pretty silly now! If their estimations are accuarate we should all be notified by tomorrow, although at this rate I'm not holding out much hope. I'm fairly confident that I will be unsuccessful but I just want to know for sure!

I
Reply 987
Original post by sexwithacentaur
It's getting pretty silly now! If their estimations are accuarate we should all be notified by tomorrow, although at this rate I'm not holding out much hope. I'm fairly confident that I will be unsuccessful but I just want to know for sure!

I

Tell me about it! I feel exactly the same, I just want to know now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Reply 988
Hey guys I must have made an impression in my IO interview on Friday as got a rejection email today! Haha! Kinda gutted but hey what can we do! For those who havnt heard I can only say no news is good news! Thanks to all for your help! And good luck :smile:! X

Reply 989
Original post by mezza928
Hey guys I must have made an impression in my IO interview on Friday as got a rejection email today! Haha! Kinda gutted but hey what can we do! For those who havnt heard I can only say no news is good news! Thanks to all for your help! And good luck :smile:! X

Ah, sorry to hear that! :frown: My rejection will probably be round the corner too but it's nice to see there actually letting people know outcomes.

Best of luck for future applications.
Original post by mezza928

Commiserations buddy! Out of curiosity, do you know what you did wrong? I just want to see if there are any similarities between our interviews.

I think what they've done is notified the people that are a definite Yes, notified those who are a definite No and are working out who to make an offer to those who are in the middle.

Jungle1 is an ex-copper and in their person spec they did say their ideal candidate will have a policing or military background.
Reply 991
Original post by jellybean55
anyone who is about to start/ has started training for the border force officer role at heathrow - do you know what the dress code is for the training?

Hey, i started on monday and its business dress ie suits, but im in for my third day tomorrow and have been told i can be casual just no jeans or trainers, hope this helps
Reply 992
Commiserations buddy! Out of curiosity, do you know what you did wrong? I just want to see if there are any similarities between our interviews.

I think what they've done is notified the people that are a definite Yes, notified those who are a definite No and are working out who to make an offer to those who are in the middle.

Jungle1 is an ex-copper and in their person spec they did say their ideal candidate will have a policing or military background.

Yes it's an advantage - I only did it for 2 years then left though to join a graduate scheme, which i'm now out of because I didn't enjoy it. Experience is good, but if you are a well rounded person from school and university, there is nothing stopping you doing well. I used no examples from my policing background in my interview - I actually used most from my university life.
Original post by jungle1
Yes it's an advantage - I only did it for 2 years then left though to join a graduate scheme, which i'm now out of because I didn't enjoy it. Experience is good, but if you are a well rounded person from school and university, there is nothing stopping you doing well. I used no examples from my policing background in my interview - I actually used most from my university life.

What made you leave the police if you don't mind me asking?

This. Me, you and a few others here are in the 'maybe' pile. I think it all depends on the caliber of applicants that had interviews last week. If we definitely weren't suitable then we would've been notified promptly like Mezza. Not a great situation to be in but hey. Hopefully we should know for sure by tomorrow!
Reply 995
Original post by BabyWiam
Hey sorry about my late response. The AHW aren't extra hours. They are the hours that you work as we aren't contracted to a weekly/monthly no. of hours we are contracted an annual amount. So from the amount of hours we are contracted, i assume that they work out a percentage of our basic salary, between 0-50% and add it on top of our basic salary, which is around 22k. They say the average is 35%, so £29,700 + an extra £1250 for working in london.

As for where we have to go for training etc, all i know is what you know i imagine. We get a letter through about a week before we start the training with further details.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 996
Original post by naturalselection
What made you leave the police if you don't mind me asking?

I got accepted onto a graduate scheme for a logistics company. Better pay/better prospects but I didn't really enjoy it much. Kinda wish I sticked with the police but hey.
Reply 997
Hey, I got an email saying I had been successful but the email was pretty vague, a few sentences to say I had passed the interview. I don't know any training start dates, or where I will be positioned...or does this happen if you pass the next few stages like the health assessment and 8 weeks of training? :/

Also, I am kinda fresh from uni and after seeing all the ex-coppers on here, I was just wondering if there is anyone else in a similar situation to me who has been successful?
Original post by schiesse
Hey, I got an email saying I had been successful but the email was pretty vague, a few sentences to say I had passed the interview. I don't know any training start dates, or where I will be positioned...or does this happen if you pass the next few stages like the health assessment and 8 weeks of training? :/

Also, I am kinda fresh from uni and after seeing all the ex-coppers on here, I was just wondering if there is anyone else in a similar situation to me who has been successful?

Congrats, did you get the email today? I'm still living on a prayer!

I've been out of uni for 5 years now with no policing or military background.
Yeah as suspected I am unsuccessful. Never mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending