The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
For geography?

I've done a writing on that topic and I just got my results today.

What did you get? (if you do not mind me asking :tongue:)

My two writing ones were on things I can do in my area and holidays.
Reply 3981
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Your French marks

:mmm: I was waiting until someone asked! I got 30/30... It was the first one the teacher had ever given out.
Reply 3982
Original post by Decerto
What did you get? (if you do not mind me asking :tongue:)

My two writing ones were on things I can do in my area and holidays.

I was waiting until someone asked! I got 30/30...

I'm yet to do a speaking though. I think I'll have one next, after we learn about holidays.
Original post by Vionar
:mmm: I was waiting until someone asked! I got 30/30... It was the first one the teacher had ever given out.

:zomg: :five: :biggrin: :bigsmile: did I help at all?:tongue:
Reply 3984
:zomg: :five: :biggrin: :bigsmile: did I help at all?:tongue:

You did actually! There was that subjunctive phrase somewhere. And she said that there were no mistakes at all.
Original post by Vionar
You did actually! There was that subjunctive phrase somewhere. And she said that there were no mistakes at all.

Our teacher isn't giving us our results back. :frown:
Reply 3986
Original post by Decerto
Our teacher isn't giving us our results back. :frown:

Why?! I was pulling my hair out over this, and your teacher won't give you the results!
Original post by Vionar
Why?! I was pulling my hair out over this, and your teacher won't give you the results!

It's probably because they are so bad. :tongue: She says that the writing ones are being sent off to be marked and the speaking ones are the ones that she marks. I thought it was the contraire but obviously not.
Original post by Vionar

Oh yay! :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 3989
Original post by Decerto
It's probably because they are so bad. :tongue: She says that the writing ones are being sent off to be marked and the speaking ones are the ones that she marks. I thought it was the contraire but obviously not.

Or maybe she's confused at how good some were and how bad others were? Ours all get marked internally, are you on AQA? I know that they do get moderated, but only after she's marked them.

Oh yay! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Well thanks for your inadvertent help! Maybe I can help others someday... :moon:
Original post by Vionar
Or maybe she's confused at how good some were and how bad others were? Ours all get marked internally, are you on AQA? I know that they do get moderated, but only after she's marked them.

Well thanks for your inadvertent help! Maybe I can help others someday... :moon:

When you can :biggrin: one say
Reply 3991
When you can :biggrin: one say

I can't wait for next school year, almost purely so I can invade the year ten thread!
Original post by Vionar
I can't wait for next school year, almost purely so I can invade the year ten thread!

hahaha, I'll invade yours
Reply 3993
hahaha, I'll invade yours

So no change there then!
Original post by Vionar

Edexcel.
Reply 3995
Original post by Decerto
Edexcel.

Maybe that's why? Ours only get moderated after they've been marked by teachers... Or maybe she's just mean.
Original post by Vionar
Maybe that's why? Ours only get moderated after they've been marked by teachers... Or maybe she's just mean.

I use to hate my French teacher and mess around but this year I realised I needed to stop being stubborn, focus and actually I learned that I enjoy French. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3997
Original post by Decerto
I use to hate my French teacher and mess around but this year I realised I needed to stop being stubborn, focus and actually I learned that I enjoy French. :smile:

I always liked French! See, if you actually put effort in, you might actually like the subject! And the other French teacher is going to force me to do A level French, not that I wouldn't do it though!
Original post by Vionar
I don't think anyone in my year will say a bad word about going to the gym! We always do matches in everything, and I get lots of verbal abuse for just standing around. :tongue:

And all the people not getting GCSE PE aren't actually getting anything for their time spent, when we could be doing something worthwhile. Schools don't force people to do a lesson of art a week if you haven't chosen it, so why PE? I would actually prefer to learn about all the muscles and theory stuff from GCSE PE, why couldn't we do that in the hour? That's horrible! I would hate to have my subject changed involuntarily! And to art!

So do I. :frown: Being used to it for the past 4 years myself and them are use to it now. :tongue: The teachers make me and tell me I have to, so I just walk around to pretend I'm actually participating. :cool:

It's true, we could be spending that hour extra for one of our options. But no, instead we spend it doing a ridiculous subject. The dance students weren't exactly forced, but they did have to start the year with art and then a month in got to decide between any subject, but it had to be expressive arts. Either drama, music or art. Most chose art in the end anyway!
Reply 3999
Original post by yellowcopter
So do I. :frown: Being used to it for the past 4 years myself and them are use to it now. :tongue: The teachers make me and tell me I have to, so I just walk around to pretend I'm actually participating. :cool:

It's true, we could be spending that hour extra for one of our options. But no, instead we spend it doing a ridiculous subject. The dance students weren't exactly forced, but they did have to start the year with art and then a month in got to decide between any subject, but it had to be expressive arts. Either drama, music or art. Most chose art in the end anyway!

I'm definitely used to it, and have built up a thick skin due to it. I generally move into different positions, but if a teacher is looking directly at me, I'll start to jog a bit. Once, I managed to spend an entire lesson of football taking only two steps from one point on the pitch.

If we can do an RS GCSE in one lesson a week, surely we could do an extra qualification! Well, that makes it a bit better, but the teachers probably shouldn't have started the course if they were going to leave. Unless it was out of their control.

Latest