The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by Vionar
Exactly. But seriously, that is similar to how I feel about getting lower than an A - obviously I don't think that, but getting below an A is quite unsatisfactory for me.

I feel unsatisfied with an A!! If I don't get an A*, it annoys me so much... I am a perfectionist when it comes to grades!!
Did a Year 10 mock GCSE exam for Maths and got 75/100, gutted. :frown:

Well at least that's about a B grade, considering I'm a C grade student in set 4 it's an improvement! :awesome:

Just going to have to work hard and try to get an A at least in the end of Year 10 paper, and then hopefully an A* in the real thing in Year 11.
Reply 5982
Original post by EmilyJayne14
Yes, we are! :smile:

Ah, I hope your revision goes well! What are you revising? I probably should start revising for Science, it's in like two weeks... :dontknow: Two weeks seems like ages though... (crap attitude there, I know)

I went ice skating in Oxford this morning, it was really fun!! I didn't fall over, so proud of myself :biggrin:

I'm (not) revising French for Monday! Two weeks in nothing - do you want to end up in MacDonald's? :tongue: For me, Monday seems far away!

Whenever I go ice skating I never fall over, but that's just because I cling onto the sides! But well done! You could be going to Oxford more often if you revise, and if not... MacDonald's it'll be! :tongue:
Reply 5983
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:mmm:

I'm luck **** you failure (not really, because they're not but...)

I find it really awkward discussing grades with C and below grade students! I have to say "Oh that's good" or something when they have an E!

I feel unsatisfied with an A!! If I don't get an A*, it annoys me so much... I am a perfectionist when it comes to grades!!

As am I! I will only accept an A in a few subjects, but I'd be very disappointed if I don't get an A* in most of my subjects! Also, see the above bit!

Original post by yellowcopter
Did a Year 10 mock GCSE exam for Maths and got 75/100, gutted. :frown:

Well at least that's about a B grade, considering I'm a C grade student in set 4 it's an improvement! :awesome:

Just going to have to work hard and try to get an A at least in the end of Year 10 paper, and then hopefully an A* in the real thing in Year 11.

Was that mock with topics you'd done this year or a full paper?
Original post by Vionar
I find it really awkward discussing grades with C and below grade students! I have to say "Oh that's good" or something when they have an E!

As am I! I will only accept an A in a few subjects, but I'd be very disappointed if I don't get an A* in most of my subjects! Also, see the above bit!

Was that mock with topics you'd done this year or a full paper?

I don't say it's good...

I just say:
" At least it's not a U" or "Well now you can spell fudge with your grades"
Reply 5985
Original post by Vionar
I'm (not) revising French for Monday! Two weeks in nothing - do you want to end up in MacDonald's? :tongue: For me, Monday seems far away!

Whenever I go ice skating I never fall over, but that's just because I cling onto the sides! But well done! You could be going to Oxford more often if you revise, and if not... MacDonald's it'll be! :tongue:

As I said, I probably should revise... but I'm just not motivated. I should be, since I just don't feel that I've been taught the content as thoroughly as I had for my last Science exam!! :s-smilie:

Once I went to an ice rink and one end was blocked off because the side was broken, so that's when I had to let go and actually learn!! I've improved loads now, I barely use the barrier any more :smile: It's only a way of stopping really! It was really crowded today though, with all those annoying people (mainly little kids who take lessons but don't have the manners or common sense to not do this) who dart right in front of you!! :mad: Haha, Oxford university would be nice, and really convenient since it's not too far away!! I could work in a MacDonalds in Oxford... :tongue:
Reply 5986
Original post by Vionar

As am I! I will only accept an A in a few subjects, but I'd be very disappointed if I don't get an A* in most of my subjects!

So do I... I just mutter something along the lines of 'well done' and leave it there!! xD Thankfully all of my friends are getting C and above...

I'm predicted A* in everything apart from languages, but apparently I'm exceeding my target at the minute, so I am aiming for an A* in every subject! I think my language teachers would be surprised if I didn't get an A*- my Italian teacher even said that to me!!
Reply 5987
So do I... I just mutter something along the lines of 'well done' and leave it there!! xD Thankfully all of my friends are getting C and above...

I'm predicted A* in everything apart from languages, but apparently I'm exceeding my target at the minute, so I am aiming for an A* in every subject! I think my language teachers would be surprised if I didn't get an A*- my Italian teacher even said that to me!!

It's really awkward! I hate doing it, I feel bad for doing well!

My school doesn't often predict A*s but I'm going to get them! That is actually great (I don't have to lie to people on TSR :ahee:) well done, and I hope you do get all of those A*s!

I don't say it's good...

I just say:
" At least it's not a U" or "Well now you can spell fudge with your grades"

:lol: Bit mean!

As I said, I probably should revise... but I'm just not motivated. I should be, since I just don't feel that I've been taught the content as thoroughly as I had for my last Science exam!! :s-smilie:

Once I went to an ice rink and one end was blocked off because the side was broken, so that's when I had to let go and actually learn!! I've improved loads now, I barely use the barrier any more :smile: It's only a way of stopping really! It was really crowded today though, with all those annoying people (mainly little kids who take lessons but don't have the manners or common sense to not do this) who dart right in front of you!! :mad: Haha, Oxford university would be nice, and really convenient since it's not too far away!! I could work in a MacDonalds in Oxford... :tongue:

Go on, leave TSR now, revise! :tongue: That's your motivation - you haven't been taught properly!

That happened once to me, it was terrifying! I hardly ever go ice skating, and when I do I've forgotten how to do it, so I have to relearn each time! It's an ongoing cycle! I hate those people! They have no respect for people who can't skate! (me.) You could indeed!
Reply 5988

Random guy: Where do you work?
Other random guy: Oxford University
Random guy: Woah you must be like a genius.
Other random guy: I know right
Random guy: So what do you work as, lecturer??
Other random guy: Nope I'm a cashier for the canteen(trolled)

Happened once with me when I asked someone's cousin where they worked.:rolleyes:
Okay, so I have a question;

Am I the only Year 10 that's obsessed with universities?
Original post by Lauren. A

I was last year:colondollar:
I was last year:colondollar:

Do you think it's logical to obsess about unis, in the scheme of things?
Reply 5992

Nope I'm obsessed as well, I'm already looking at entry requirements for medicine. I feel kind of insane, trust me I think it's normal for us to be worried about our future. So what do you want to study in the future?:biggrin:
Do you think it's logical to obsess about unis, in the scheme of things?

Tell me, what you want to do... Predicted GCSEs... A level ideas...

And I'll give you a 4 year plan :wink: (history reference there if anyone is studying Britain and their rearment)
Reply 5994
Tell me, what you want to do... Predicted GCSEs... A level ideas...

And I'll give you a 4 year plan :wink: (history reference there if anyone is studying Britain and their rearment)

Can you give me a four year plan? :biggrin:

Predicted grades:

Physics:A*
Chemistry:A*
Biology:A*
Drama:A
Spanish:B
Business Studies:A*(lol)
Maths:A*
RE:A*
History:A*/A(depends according to my history teacher)
English Lang:B
English Lit:B:angry:

A-levels I wanna take

Physics,Biology,Chemistry and Maths

I wanna study medicine, now give me my four year plan :biggrin:

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ergo30
Can you give me a four year plan? :biggrin:

Predicted grades:

Physics:A*
Chemistry:A*
Biology:A*
Drama:A
Spanish:B
Business Studies:A*(lol)
Maths:A*
RE:A*
History:A*/A(depends according to my history teacher)
English Lang:B
English Lit:B:angry:

A-levels I wanna take

Physics,Biology,Chemistry and Maths

I wanna study medicine, now give me my four year plan :biggrin:

Thanks

Year 10: Smash any exams you have this year now! Spend this summer reading books (fiction you enjoy)... Along with learning some advanced Spanish!

Year 11: Revise like normal, making sure to keep on top of your A* subjects but improving your English and Spanish! Start writing essays for your history (memorise model answers) and I've never suggested this before, try to translate them into Spanish!

That summer learn some maths content for AS... Then revise your sciences A* topics at GCSE...

Also have a look at UKAT and BMAT?

Year 12: Keep on top of AS, practise!

That summer, you look for work,experience everywhere and also plan some PS writing.

Also look at some more unis in depth.

Year 13: smash exams and uni is waiting!

Hope that wasn't a waste of time :tongue:
Predicted GCSE grades:

Bio: A*
Chem A
Physics A*
English Lit A*
English Lang A*
Maths A
Spanish A*
History A*
Latin A*
Drama A*
Ancient Greek (AS Level, I'm on a fast track): A

The whole A-level thing is a bit vague, but I've got a couple ideas;
History, Latin, Spanish, Economics, Ancient Greek, Government and Politics, English Literature

Want to give that plan thing a go?
Predicted GCSE grades:

Bio: A*
Chem A
Physics A*
English Lit A*
English Lang A*
Maths A
Spanish A*
History A*
Latin A*
Drama A*
Ancient Greek (AS Level, I'm on a fast track): A

The whole A-level thing is a bit vague, but I've got a couple ideas;
History, Latin, Spanish, Economics, Ancient Greek, Government and Politics, English Literature

Want to give that plan thing a go?

Which uni course?
Reply 5998
Year 10: Smash any exams you have this year now! Spend this summer reading books (fiction you enjoy)... Along with learning some advanced Spanish!

Year 11: Revise like normal, making sure to keep on top of your A* subjects but improving your English and Spanish! Start writing essays for your history (memorise model answers) and I've never suggested this before, try to translate them into Spanish!

That summer learn some maths content for AS... Then revise your sciences A* topics at GCSE...

Also have a look at UKAT and BMAT?

Year 12: Keep on top of AS, practise!

That summer, you look for work,experience everywhere and also plan some PS writing.

Also look at some more unis in depth.

Year 13: smash exams and uni is waiting!

Hope that wasn't a waste of time :tongue:

I'm hopeless in Spanish, I just can't get the hang of it, I hate languages!
and english is just...ugh so boring. I wish english could be interesting as chemistry. I mean in Chemistry we're learning about nanotechnology and the how in the future, if we learn how to harness the ability to manipulate nanotechnology then we could use it in the medical field. In english we're learning about Romeo and Juliet.:mad: What's poetry got to do with my future, I'm not gonna learn anything from analyzing how Shakespeare portrayed Romeo. :angry:

Thanks for the plan, I'll try and stick to it, I'll message you in year 13 to notify you on how well it worked. :wink:
I was thinking about PPE, and then a conversion course to law. Perhaps, but nothing's set in stone.

Latest