The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kittaaaaay
It's kind of in the middle of nowhere xD And it's really been falling down the ranks lately, not that that means much.

To be honest, I think it's the whole middle-of-nowhere thing that actually appealed to her :tongue: She's that sort of girl.

Original post by monisj1
thankyu do yu have eny for descriptive writing

Well, one thing I keep getting told is to focus on the description, not on a PoV or narrator or who's doing the describing. Just thought it might help.
Original post by KythingToWrite
To be honest, I think it's the whole middle-of-nowhere thing that actually appealed to her :tongue: She's that sort of girl.

Well I love quiet towns, I've always lived out like almost into the countryside but I still like when there's something to do xD
Well I love quiet towns, I've always lived out like almost into the countryside but I still like when there's something to do xD

God, I can't wait to go live somewhere that's a little more sensible, if not quieter. Our city here is the eighth-fastest growing in the world, is hopelessly overpopulated, and has crap services. And to top it up, there's a very materialistic ideology going around. And there's way too much construction. And the place is all metal, concrete and destruction of history and character.

So yeah, rant over :wink: I wouldn't mind living in the middle of nowhere, so long as there was a library around! I've literally got a sort of phobia of living in places like Dubai :O
God, I can't wait to go live somewhere that's a little more sensible, if not quieter. Our city here is the eighth-fastest growing in the world, is hopelessly overpopulated, and has crap services. And to top it up, there's a very materialistic ideology going around. And there's way too much construction. And the place is all metal, concrete and destruction of history and character.

So yeah, rant over :wink: I wouldn't mind living in the middle of nowhere, so long as there was a library around! I've literally got a sort of phobia of living in places like Dubai :O

I could never live in the UAE D;
Too much sand and heat and I might just die xD
I'd love to visit for like a week though.

I could never live there :colone: not homely at all...

Heat and sand are fine :smile: Visiting is great, if you know where to go. But it's really all malls.

Original post by shadab786ahmed
I could never live there :colone: not homely at all...

You're back!! :biggrin:
Same as you.
Heat and sand are fine :smile: Visiting is great, if you know where to go. But it's really all malls.

You're back!! :biggrin:
Same as you.

Yep! ( was I ever gone)
Yep! ( was I ever gone)

For you, more than three posts gap equals 'gone'.
For you, more than three posts gap equals 'gone'.

:rofl: am I that excessive :colondollar:

Yeah, I think that'd be frowned upon in ky family too! :tongue:

Yeah, I don't like going there and everyone's so mean about it :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
:rofl: am I that excessive :colondollar:

Yeah, I think that'd be frowned upon in ky family too! :tongue:

Yeah, I don't like going there and everyone's so mean about it :colondollar:

What's your mosque like, then? I like going to mosque, because everyone there is usually friendly and I volunteer a lot and I like to people-watch, but then 'khoja' communities are generally a lot larger and very different from typical Muslim communities. Yours doesn't sound too nice :frown:
What's your mosque like, then? I like going to mosque, because everyone there is usually friendly and I volunteer a lot and I like to people-watch, but then 'khoja' communities are generally a lot larger and very different from typical Muslim communities. Yours doesn't sound too nice :frown:

Meh... The actual mosque (i live far away from all of them) is a nice place. I feel as if I don't belong there? Don't know... :/
Meh... The actual mosque (i live far away from all of them) is a nice place. I feel as if I don't belong there? Don't know... :/

Aww... Shift over here :wink: For some reason, the guys in my community are all going to study Chem. Though the community's stifling, so... I dunno. Lots of not knowing, huh?

But the old ladies are nice. I volunteer on their floor in the mosque, and you would not believe how many sweets I get! :tongue:

Ok, I will be off for a while, since others need to use the net and my wi-fi's bust. So have fun :tongue:
Aww... Shift over here :wink: For some reason, the guys in my community are all going to study Chem. Though the community's stifling, so... I dunno. Lots of not knowing, huh?

But the old ladies are nice. I volunteer on their floor in the mosque, and you would not believe how many sweets I get! :tongue:

Ok, I will be off for a while, since others need to use the net and my wi-fi's bust. So have fun :tongue:

Hmmm... I guess...

Okay! Bye, have fun :wink:
Mosque is like muslim church? /i'm sorry i'm so ignorant D;

Yep xD ignorance is bliss :wink:
Yep xD ignorance is bliss :wink:

It truly is xD
It truly is xD

:rofl:

Yeah it's like that :wink:
Except that our 'special prayer day' is on Friday :smile:

I LOVE YOU. That is the most perfect explanation :smile:
Hmmm... I guess...

Okay! Bye, have fun :wink:

I did :smile: Apparently, being away from TSR makes me more productive. I wrote over 2K in a couple of hours, which is awesome.

Latest