The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KythingToWrite
Maths? Maths? Are you a Maths genius? Can you diffuse your entire brain to me? We just started school, and I;ve already been called thrice by the Maths teacher to talk about, "Orgainsing working method," and "Carrying forward answers," and, "Implementing your past knowledge." I DO NOT GET IT.

And I have two friends in Year 11 who hover between 96% and 100% in Maths :|

What do you need me to.do? Apart from diffusing my brain :biggrin: maths! :biggrin:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
What do you need me to.do? Apart from diffusing my brain :biggrin: maths! :biggrin:

Any tips? My biggest problem is time—I used to do great until recently, but when I'm working fast all my common sense goes out of the window and I mess up big time. I've no idea how to work on that, I really need to improve!
Any tips? My biggest problem is time—I used to do great until recently, but when I'm working fast all my common sense goes out of the window and I mess up big time. I've no idea how to work on that, I really need to improve!

Don't rush! In the exam you have plenty of time.... I finished in less than half the given time! My tip is... As long as your workings are right, you'll get most of the marks, and if the answer seems rational it's most probably right! If you give me a topic I can give you tips :smile:
Don't rush! In the exam you have plenty of time.... I finished in less than half the given time! My tip is... As long as your workings are right, you'll get most of the marks, and if the answer seems rational it's most probably right! If you give me a topic I can give you tips :smile:

We only have two hours for the whole exam in internal exams :frown: Simultaneous and Quadratic equations are where I struggle most ATM. Especially when every other question leads to a quadratic!
We only have two hours for the whole exam in internal exams :frown: Simultaneous and Quadratic equations are where I struggle most ATM. Especially when every other question leads to a quadratic!

Okay... Label them... 1 and 2... And always write what you're doing eg:

y = x + 4
y^2 + x^2 = 12

Try and solve that in 7 minutes from when you read it :biggrin:
Use the quadratic equation :smile:
y = x + 4 (1)
y^2 + x^2 = 12 (2)

Sub 1 into 2:
(x+4)^2 + x^2 = 12

Expand and simplify:
x^2 + 8x + 16 + x^2 = 12
2x^2 + 8x + 4 = 0
x^2 + 4x + 2 = 0

x = -b ± square root of b^2 - 4ac / 2a
Okay... Label them... 1 and 2... And always write what you're doing eg:

y = x + 4
y^2 + x^2 = 12

Try and solve that in 7 minutes from when you read it :biggrin:
Use the quadratic equation :smile:

I've posted on your wall :smile: Thank you!
I've posted on your wall :smile: Thank you!

I have a wall? :tongue:

They mean they've sent you a 'visitor message'. :smile:
Original post by Tullia
They mean they've sent you a 'visitor message'. :smile:

Aah :P
Aah :P

You can alter your settings so that you get notifications when you receive visitor messages. :smile:

Damned FB language :tongue:
Damned FB language :tongue:

Sorry! I am.on the app... So I cannot find the visitor messages!!! Would you like to post it here? Or PM?
I see Dalek has introduced himself :colonhash:

(Mango can also help with Maths and Physics :awesome: :shh:)

:smartass:
Original post by MangoFreak
I see Dalek has introduced himself :colonhash:

(Mango can also help with Maths and Physics :awesome: :shh:)

:smartass:

Lol, he certainly has introduced himself -.-
Lol, he certainly has introduced himself -.-

ohh you kidding all of TSR knows dalek ;D ... heck everyone knows either dalek or a dalek (from Dr.who) haha :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
ohh you kidding all of TSR knows dalek ;D ... heck everyone knows either dalek or a dalek (from Dr.who) haha :biggrin:

I wonder what everyone thinks of him... We should post on every thread... But that may be mean..
I wonder what everyone thinks of him... We should post on every thread... But that may be mean..

haha yes that may be too far :frown: haha we could make a thread with a poll ;D
Original post by techno836
haha yes that may be too far :frown: haha we could make a thread with a poll ;D

I dare you! :biggrin:
I dare you! :biggrin:

no..im a nice person ... i dont deserve anymore bad karma :frown: :L :L

Latest