The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isabella~
Oh wow, that's soo cool and so current :tongue:
Haha my school's so boring, so are you getting marked on it out of 20?
Hmm yeah I know what you mean, and I love how we can drop the subjects we hated! :biggrin:

I'm doing:
English x 2
Maths
Science x3
R.S
I.T
Citizenship
Psychology
Spanish
Geography
Graphics
Japanese
wbu? :biggrin:

Yep, it's being marked out of 20.
Wow! Japanese is such an amazing language! How are you finding it?
I'm doing:
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Additional Science
Core Science
Triple Science
R.S
Arabic
History
Textiles
Art
Original post by YaYazooGirl
Yep, it's being marked out of 20.
Wow! Japanese is such an amazing language! How are you finding it?
I'm doing:
English Lit
English Lang
Maths
Additional Science
Core Science
Triple Science
R.S
Arabic
History
Textiles
Art

Oh wow, I'm guessing you must be really artistic by taking art! How are you find that?!
Japanese is pretty cool, but it's hard to get your head round with the new alphabet :tongue: But I could ask the same about Arabic, how's that going? I'd love to do Arabic :smile:
Oh wow, I'm guessing you must be really artistic by taking art! How are you finding that?!
Japanese is pretty cool, but it's hard to get your head round with the new alphabet :tongue: But I could ask the same about Arabic, how's that going? I'd love to do Arabic :smile:

I absolutely LOVE Art, it's one of my favourite subjects (after science ) and it's really fun! It helps me to chillax after all the hard lessons.
Arabic is really interesting and we're going to Morocco for a school trip and I cannot wait! :biggrin:
Just wondering, in your school, do you have a science exam on the 5th of November?
(edited 11 years ago)
Awww I can predict the core members of your year on TSR :tongue: friendships shall blossom :colone:

My Username is really Poisson Distribution :mmm:
Original post by drowninhomework
Hey there!
I'm year 10, my options are:
English lit
English Lang
Latin
Maths
Double Award sciences
History
Geography
French
EPQ
Possibly admaths

Interested to hear if anyone else is doing similar.. So this is 9.5 GCSE's? :s why am I doing so much less?! 10.5 if we do admaths

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone

I'm doing 10.:smile: Most places only expect 5 GCSEs and sixth forms/unis about 8-10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor
I'm doing 10.:smile: Most places only expect 5 GCSEs and sixth forms/unis about 8-10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How old are you? I always assumed you were older than me :colondollar:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
How old are you? I always assumed you were older than me :colondollar:

Ha, really? Thanks!:tongue:.
I'm actually in year 10, and 14. There are so many year 11's stealing our thread I guess it is quite hard to tell.:smile:*looks pointedly*.:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing French, Japanese, Geography and History, plus all the others :smile: Thought those would be more helpful in life than Drama or Art..
Original post by Sheldor
Ha, really? Thanks!:tongue:.
I'm actually in year 10, and 14. There are so many year 11's stealing our thread I guess it is quite hard to tell.:smile:*looks pointedly*.:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's because your points are very mature on so many threads!!

I thought you'd be in uni or something :colondollar:

:teehee:

(completely random post)
Did anyone watch Merlin last night? IT WAS AMAZING.
I absolutely LOVE Art, it's one of my favourite subjects (after science ) and it's really fun! It helps me to chillax after all the hard lessons.
Arabic is really interesting and we're going to Morocco for a school trip and I cannot wait! :biggrin:
Just wondering, in your school, do you have a science exam on the 5th of November?

Art looks so hard though but maybe it's because I can't draw to save my life! :tongue: Hmm yeah, my friends say how the teacher puts music on and they're all drawing- sounds really fun and relaxing!
Snapp for loving science :wink:
Omg lucky, when are you going?!!!
Fingers crossed we get a school trip to Japan (doubting it though) :tongue:
I've had mocks, but I don't think we're having any more exams, although I've heard there's upcoming controlled assessments in the winter :s-smilie:
Original post by Maths0
Hello! :smile:

I'm a Year 9-Year 10 more or less! I've chosen for my GCSE options:

Triple Science
French
History

Along with (compulsory): English Literature+Language, Maths :awesome:, Technology (Product design), R.S and core PE. = 10.5 GCSEs.

Me too but I'm doing business studies and economics as extras
It's because your points are very mature on so many threads!!

I thought you'd be in uni or something :colondollar:

:teehee:

Aww, thanks.:smile:

You come off very mature too.:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheldor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ans well thought out :wink:

Pahahah thats hilarious xD

Art looks so hard though but maybe it's because I can't draw to save my life! :tongue: Hmm yeah, my friends say how the teacher puts music on and they're all drawing- sounds really fun and relaxing!
Snapp for loving science :wink:
Omg lucky, when are you going?!!!
Fingers crossed we get a school trip to Japan (doubting it though) :tongue:
I've had mocks, but I don't think we're having any more exams, although I've heard there's upcoming controlled assessments in the winter :s-smilie:

In art class, I just put on my headphones and zone out completely!
Science is the BEST!
We're going in January. (so hopefully it'll be not as hot as usual) We was supposed to go in year 8 but the school didn't take us as there was lots of weird stuff going on in North Africa.
My fingers are crossed for you as well! :biggrin:
Not really... :s-smilie: but :wink: better than having to watch pirates xD

Do I like cliches? No...

'Free your soul' is kind of a cliché :tongue:

National Novel Writing Month sounds awesome! I think I might take part.

Yay! Yes! I love you! Go sign up NOW and then I have someone on TSR when I start going crazy in November! (November is exam month for us :frown: )

:five: Another Arabic student? Whoo-hoo! What exam board?

(completely random post)
Did anyone watch Merlin last night? IT WAS AMAZING.

I am quite sure it was awesome, but just a nice, friendly warning: Spoilers go in the spoiler tags, 'kay? I am still on Series 2 and (though I've been spoiled SO MUCH) I would prefer to stay unspoiled :smile:

Original post by Sheldor

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Gasp* Shadab, mature? NO WAY.

And a random question... Does anyone know why the electrochemical series is written diagonally? It's annoying as hell.

(This is what happens when I don't check the thread for 24 hours.)
Original post by KythingToWrite

Yay! Yes! I love you! Go sign up NOW and then I have someone on TSR when I start going crazy in November! (November is exam month for us :frown: )

I am quite sure it was awesome, but just a nice, friendly warning: Spoilers go in the spoiler tags, 'kay? I am still on Series 2 and (though I've been spoiled SO MUCH) I would prefer to stay unspoiled :smile:

And a random question... Does anyone know why the electrochemical series is written diagonally? It's annoying as hell.

:erm: I made that up :wink: no clicheé

:erm: I made that up :wink: no clicheé

Seriously? i'm pretty sure I've heard that before :confused: I'd Google, but I'm supposed to be writing and I'll be searching for another half hour if I start :wink: I'll check it up someday and get back to you on whether you invented a cliché. Which is an oxymoron. But still.
Seriously? i'm pretty sure I've heard that before :confused: I'd Google, but I'm supposed to be writing and I'll be searching for another half hour if I start :wink: I'll check it up someday and get back to you on whether you invented a cliché. Which is an oxymoron. But still.

:rofl: I love oxymorons...
Original Copy...
Act Natural...
Military Intelligence...
Stupid Shadab... :rofl:

Woah, there are more Merlin people here? I just started watching this season, so good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest