The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I have one week off... Then two weeks off at Christmas... Then BAM! Exams :')

My Username is really Poisson Distribution :mmm:

Ha .. Lucky you I got p2 exam in two weeks ...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Maryam_marzbar
Ha .. Lucky you I got p2 exam in two weeks ...

:woo: fun? :wink:

:woo: fun? :wink:

Hmmm not really ... :/ going to c my dad this weekend spending Eid with him ... Revision is tight ..:smile::/ but it's cool.. physics is the easiest of the three

Hmmm not really ... :/ going to c my dad this weekend spending Eid with him ... Revision is tight ..:smile::/ but it's cool.. physics is the easiest of the three

Aah that's nice :smile: yeah, it is! What's p2 about again? :frown:

Aah that's nice :smile: yeah, it is! What's p2 about again? :frown:

It's about electricity . Nuclear fission /fusion , work power , energy ... Transferring energy ... Really interesting :wink: :smile:

It's about electricity . Nuclear fission /fusion , work power , energy ... Transferring energy ... Really interesting :wink: :smile:

:yawn: I hate electricity...

Reply 1386
i had p2 test today it was quiet hard and i find PHYSICS hardest out of the three
Original post by salmon-aiman
so bored of the holidays and still have another 1 and a half weeks to go ... anybody else feel like this!?

I'm exactly the same! All my friends are back from a German trip soon though, so I'll have stuff to do/people to hang out with next week.:smile:

Everybody should be getting used to this by now, right? Me disappearing under a pile of homework and writing and then surfacing again with a super-long post? No? Anyway, I *should* (theoretically) have more free time now, since I finally, finally sorted out my studying+homework+writing time management system... I think.

Original post by YaYazooGirl
My username is YaYazooGirl on NaNoWriMo! (and on Twitter) Go ahead and add me as a buddy! :smile:

My school doesn't have important tests in November, just mocks (as our year has linear exams, so no more modular exams :frown: )

Wow, you volunteer at a mosque! That's so cool! I should do that.

I'm from Somalia, and in Somalia we speak a bit of Arabic, so it's not completely foreign. (but the script is)

When I did my GCSE early, I only did it because my friend (who is fluent in Arabic) told me to come, so I didn't really know it was a real GCSE exam, even though we were in a big hall in exam conditions... :s-smilie:
In Arabic, the translation from English to Arabic is so hard as I don't know how to explain it!

You speak Swahili? Are you from Tanzania? If you are, then WOHOOOO!

:smile:

Adding/following you everywhere :smile:

We're IGCSE, so we've always been linear (you GCSE people are just slowly copying us... First GCSEs, then A-Levels) so what we have in November and May every year are basically internal assessments, which inform the school that you can be promoted to the next class XD We also have midterm every two months or so, and while the midterms were fine, past papers say these November exams will be HELL.

You should :smile: I'm actually supposed to be a full-time one (we're Shi'a, so plenty of mosque functions for us) but it's difficult to get out for most of the year... Muharram, though, is an exception. 5000+ people; the mosque needs lots of help!

Ooh, a neighbour! Jiraanii! Yup, I'm Tanzanian. If you want to visit, don't come right now. Indoor nighttime temperatures are hitting 35ºC, and it is BAD.
... I ahven't had that much excitement from someone regarding Tz in a long, LONG time :biggrin:

Original post by Kittaaaaay
/flails arms
I kind of miss this thread xD
How is everyone here doing?

And are those ghost neggers still around?
If so .. Well. Hi.

Edit: YEP. Ghost neggers definitely still around.

Personally, I can't figure out how those ghosts have the time to sit around and neg us all.
... And now I have a plot bunny about a secret organisation of ghosts that has some hidden purpose in randomly negging

Original post by Sheldor

The only sciences I really like are Chemistry (Which is awesome!) and Biology(Which is OK.). Physics freaks me out, too much maths.:colonhash:.(So I guess you like it.:tongue:)

I couldn't tell if you'd messed up to be honest, maths just flies over my head sometimes.:tongue:.(Reminds me of the time there was an article in a paper about a 12 year old Mensa member,with a picture of her standing with a pen next too a board of equations. My dad burst out laughing when he saw the picture because apparently the equation on the board was completely wrong.:tongue: The title was "She's probably smarter than you" too.:tongue:)

Nah, you can probably tell by my grammar that I'm not completely native! I moved here when I was a baby, though and I read quite a lot, so that's probably why people think I sound older by my use of language. I also have a middle class British accent, so if you met me you wouldn't think I was part everything.(Well, apart from my looks.) I wouldn't say I'm rich (like, I don't live in a mansion with several properties around Europe or anything crazy like that.:tongue:) but yeah, I do go too a private school.(All girls.)

I knew you were part-something from your old username/your name.(Are we allowed to call you that, by the way? Or is it "L'Evil Fish" now?)

Just wanted to randomly butt in and say:

Yay!! All-girls' school! (Okay, ours is a school with a boys' and girls' wing and we interact during programs and A Levels and stuff, but still.)

People really don't get the drama that comes with girls' schools, do they?

Original post by salmon-aiman
oh that's pretty cool!! I do french, spanish, (latin - nobody speaks that...), and do english, can read arabic and speak urdu :smile: yay language-lovers! :biggrin:

Yay! I want to learn Latin :smile: Someday...

Original post by Mathbomb
I have a trip tommorow but it will be fun...
and EID! Did anyone fast today?
Also, done with my Science Controlled Assessment and I think I've done well...hopefully :s-smilie:

Best of luck!
Today we had a Hajj demo at school, and I was taking part. Had to stand there and speak... and speak... and speak some more.
But now, yummy Eid cupcakes!
:biggrin:
Original post by KythingToWrite
Everybody should be getting used to this by now, right? Me disappearing under a pile of homework and writing and then surfacing again with a super-long post? No? Anyway, I *should* (theoretically) have more free time now, since I finally, finally sorted out my studying+homework+writing time management system... I think.

Personally, I can't figure out how those ghosts have the time to sit around and neg us all.
... And now I have a plot bunny about a secret organisation of ghosts that has some hidden purpose in randomly negging

Hey, you! Been wondering where you disappeared off to! Everything alright?
I'm so jealous that you've actually sorted things out, it's my half term and I've literally procrastinated everything and spent all my time eating and playing games :tongue: Way to spend your precious time Kitty... I haven't even talked to any of my mates either xD

I'm actually starting to think that there might be people on this thread who pretend to be clueless but are actually doing the negging themselves .. /suspicious
CONSPIRACIESSS.
Nah, I'm sure it's not any of us, I just have no idea why people would sit through and neg random posts..
through and neg random posts..

Its not me :ninja: :rofl:

Its not me :ninja: :rofl:

Oh you evil thing you .. Taking over the world one neg at a time ;D
Oh you evil thing you .. Taking over the world one neg at a time ;D

:rofl: what can I say... I'm L'Evil... :wink: my neg would deduct a bit though...
HALF TERM.... WAHHHEEEEY!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Eid Mubarak guys! :smile:

Original post by Mathbomb
I have a trip tommorow but it will be fun...
and EID! Did anyone fast today?
Also, done with my Science Controlled Assessment and I think I've done well...hopefully :s-smilie:

Ahh, good luck! I've got a bio controlled assessment after half term- what did you have to do for yours? :smile:

We're IGCSE, so we've always been linear (you GCSE people are just slowly copying us... First GCSEs, then A-Levels) so what we have in November and May every year are basically internal assessments, which inform the school that you can be promoted to the next class XD We also have midterm every two months or so, and while the midterms were fine, past papers say these November exams will be HELL.

You should :smile: I'm actually supposed to be a full-time one (we're Shi'a, so plenty of mosque functions for us) but it's difficult to get out for most of the year... Muharram, though, is an exception. 5000+ people; the mosque needs lots of help!

Ooh, a neighbour! Jiraanii! Yup, I'm Tanzanian. If you want to visit, don't come right now. Indoor nighttime temperatures are hitting 35ºC, and it is BAD.
... I ahven't had that much excitement from someone regarding Tz in a long, LONG time :biggrin:

Yay!! All-girls' school! (Okay, ours is a school with a boys' and girls' wing and we interact during programs and A Levels and stuff, but still.)

People really don't get the drama that comes with girls' schools, do they?

Yay! I want to learn Latin :smile: Someday...

Best of luck!
Today we had a Hajj demo at school, and I was taking part. Had to stand there and speak... and speak... and speak some more.
But now, yummy Eid cupcakes!
:biggrin:

We all look forward to your super long posts.:biggrin:
Yay, finally another person that understands the drama! I've met far to many people from mixed schools that think we either all get along and people bake cakes filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone's happy, or that (from guys) we're all really butch.:colonhash: At least you guys have boys to interact in school with, I've seen major arguments over the limited amount of boys in everyone's social circles.:tongue:

Maybe the ghost neggers aren't just random people who aren't commenting on the thread... maybe one of us is the mystery negger...:holmes:

yay Eid! so hungryyy....

People really don't get the drama that comes with girls' schools, do they :biggrin:

We had midterm tests, but it was for most of the creative subjects (art, textiles) and also R.E. The tests were really easy though.

The mosques near my house are mostly for men as the women section is taken by the men. I used to volunteer in the summer holidays (they thought I was 16 :biggrin:) but now I can't.

Yay, a fellow neighbour! WOOP WOOP! :dance: In Somalia (well technically, I'm from Somaliland...) it's 30ºC, so I'm used to boiling hot temperatures! Though in the summer it was 45ºC when I visited :eek:

I go to an all girls so and there is SO much drama! Every lesson, a girl will say 'are you giving me dirty looks' and then chaos erupts...

Btw, I'm eating yummy eid cupcakes now :wink:
Oh yeah, عيد مبارك
:angry:

YAY EID. now hungry for some more food.
why am i so hungry!?
argh trying to revise astronomy is so dull.
argh moved on from astronomy... now onto physics *sigh*
can anyone please help me with this? fill in the missing gaps;
heat transfer through the walls of the radiator is due to __________ (convection???)
hot air in contact with teh radiator causes heat transfer to the room by __________ (convection??)
youre all smarter than me lol, so can anyone please help!? merci beaucoup:smile:

Latest