The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maths0
Memorise and copy out in C/A, so we do get to keep our plans and copy them in the C/A or we actually have to try and memorise? Also, will we know the question (if there even is one) a significant time before it, or will we just know it on the day? The second option seems more likely :tongue:

Health is about smoking, alcohol, food etc, I hope sport comes into it since we covered that topic for weeks on end!

The way my controlled assessment is:

2 weeks before the date is set you find out the title.

You write and practise it... Memorise it... And you have 40 words with you and re write it all without anything else... You,also have a dictionary...

:spank: that :badger:
you guys are aloud to take a lot of subjects! I'm only aloud three! Child Development, French and History:smile:
Original post by stephlouisee
you guys are aloud to take a lot of subjects! I'm only aloud three! Child Development, French and History:smile:

Do you have ICT as compulsory?

Original post by Maths0
That seems ok then! Thanks very much :biggrin:

Np! Note that within those two weeks the teacher can't physically mark anything...

Original post by Maths0
:frown:

I'll be happy to TRY and help... :smile: my French isn't great but its not horrible...

Original post by Maths0
Thanks! According to my teacher we're doing it just after Christmas and will be preparing for it extremely soon. :s-smilie:

Okay :biggrin: I might not be of much use because I haven't covered it... Grammar wise I should be able to help anyway...

Reply 1786
iv got of mice and men assestment next week grr
yesss got the first 2 marks for my physics isa:wink: (for the table ! ) haha!
Wow, I haven't been on here for ages! How is everyone?
Reply 1789
Original post by Maths0
In French we have to do a controlled assessment after Christmas, it's on health. Does anyone have any tips on getting a B/A? We know the topic, but just the general writing techniques that will benefit me for examiners.<br />
<br />
Also, it's probably stupid to ask, but are we allowed our books in the C.A?
<br />
<br />

IV gt da exact same French assesment at the same tym aswell after Christmas.. French is soo cool I love it..
Original post by monisj1
iv got of mice and men assestment next week grr

ahh i love of mice and men :biggrin: i got 20/20 on that one :biggrin: do you know what your question is yet ? :biggrin:
Original post by techno836
ahh i love of mice and men :biggrin: i got 20/20 on that one :biggrin: do you know what your question is yet ? :biggrin:

Same! Of mice and men and An inspector calls is my life

This, posted, from app. I'm cool enough to own the iPhone. Be jel.
Reply 1792

my question is: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CURLEYS WIFE AND THE WAY SHE IS PRESENTED TO THE READER?? any tips
anyone here done to kill a mockingbird? it's quite irritating because all the other sets apart from one other are doing of mice and men ahh :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by undiscovered_
anyone here done to kill a mockingbird? it's quite irritating because all the other sets apart from one other are doing of mice and men ahh :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I do this ! :biggrin: and I'm the only one who doesn't to OMaM -.-

Original post by monisj1
my question is: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF CURLEYS WIFE AND THE WAY SHE IS PRESENTED TO THE READER?? any tips

damn .... ermmm it has been a year since i did this but some points i can remember off of my head is
- the colour red!!!
- american dream doesnt apply to women
- she is 'typical' of woman in that time period

they're some i can think off of top of my head that you might not have :smile: maybe :L
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I do this ! :biggrin: and I'm the only one who doesn't to OMaM -.-

i did OMaM twice :L .. CA in language and first exam in lit :biggrin: :L
i did OMaM twice :L .. CA in language and first exam in lit :biggrin: :L

I'll be doing the exam on TKaM for Lit! And I did my c/a in language on it :colone:

The middle set did what you did, my teacher said TKaM is a lot more sophisticated?

Reply 1798
damn .... ermmm it has been a year since i did this but some points i can remember off of my head is
- the colour red!!!
- american dream doesnt apply to women
- she is 'typical' of woman in that time period

they're some i can think off of top of my head that you might not have :smile: maybe :L

thankyou
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Do you have ICT as compulsory?

yeah unfortunatly-_-

Latest