The Student Room Group

Does this look Legit?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by King Leonidas
To be honest, if you guys are falling for this 'job', then you deserve to be exploited.

Get some common sense and don't take the bait with these scams.

Very unfair comment tbh

I have always been a cautious person and this company are targeting vulnerable people with the promise of a well paid job. In these tough times where interviews are few and far between. You tend to fall feet first as desperation takes over.

It has been a costly lesson for me as the contract they have in place, which is full proof and even my credit card company couldn't get my money back. They know what they are doing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 81
Hi guys unfortunately the same exact thing happened to me. I will report these people as well. Just sad I couldn't see this any earlier.
I urge you guys not to think about this company as they are simply 'SCAM
Reply 83
Went to an interview today with these people, just from walking in it seemed like a setup. The address was:

Citypoint
1 Ropemaker Street
London
EC2Y 9HT

Got to the 9th floor, waited for about 10 minutes then was told to go to the 10th floor, woman went by the name of "Jasmin". Taken into an office, two desks two computers, she took a copy of my CV and Passport. As I walked in I could tell it was a sales pitch. Microsoft certificates on the wall. Before the interview began there was another guy there, spikey haired dude, he was on the phone talking to someone about a CV, funnily enough he was wearing a microsoft gold certified shirt lol. She asked me a few questions, nothing very hard or taxing. 10minutes into the interview she was telling me about the role, the training and the cost of it. No contract was shoved in my face or anything but she told to think about it. After reading from here and some different posts I think I will be looking away from them, thanks guys.
Original post by SSX99
Applied for loads of IT jobs lately. Got a call back from this company called "iTeamSupport" asking me if i could attend an interview, everything about the company seems legit until you start researching them. Going to the careers page on their website says "Start your career today for just £4995", seems bit odd, said nothing about that in the advertisment, when i requested more information in the email it said i would have to pay some kind of exam fee of 500.00 for a microsoft certification. I guess my City and Guilds one plus experience isnt enough. I just want a normal job which i can do, a teenager cant possible pay that much, so has anyone had any experience with things like this? You think its worth at least attending an interview? I have my doubts about this company but ive applied for hundreds and this is the first thats come up

AVOID you should never hove to pay to start a job it seems like a scam the problem with IT is it is the only sector not to have picked up after recession
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by megan.c
I'd always be wary of places wanting a qualification that is specific to them, if they need to be so specific they should provide training like any other work place

...and show you working environment where they want you to work.

Try asking them about that and they would tell you that it is not possible because it is on their customers site.

Try asking who is the customer then, and you would never get an answear because they simply ignore the question and start accusing you of slander.
Same experience i did not pay you saved me guys thanks now they are in 1 Fore street london EC2Y 9DT same girl Nadia Khan same as all the other but i didn't trust them.We need to stop them
I was NOT scammed by these folks but I just searched to read peoples experiences of being scammed, and it amuses me. With all of the red flags practically right in front of you, why did some of you decide to continue?
Reply 88
Original post by commentsection
I was NOT scammed by these folks but I just searched to read peoples experiences of being scammed, and it amuses me. With all of the red flags practically right in front of you, why did some of you decide to continue?

Why did you decide to post on a thread that's been dead for three years?
Original post by Quady
Why did you decide to post on a thread that's been dead for three years?

Bc I wanted to, ain't no one stopping me
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by commentsection
Bc I wanted too, ain't no one stopping me

Same reason you spelt too wrong to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending