The Student Room Group

Doctor Who: David Tennant vs Matt Smith

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Cephalus
Yeah I've seen a few. I watched 'Doctor Who and the Daleks' which was an ok film and some others on Daily motion. It's a shame really. Living today, I'm so used to such amazing special effects and computer animations, then I see a cyberman who looks like he's made out of tinfoil :biggrin: I can't fully appreciate it :smile:

You need to overlook that! Some of the monsters are laugh worthy, but the storylines are good! You should watch some episodes with Jon Pertwee.

I find it annoying that people say they are doctor who fans but have only watched the last 3 doctors.

Original post by Little Hobbit

I've also watched Ecclestone and Tom Baker and I'm just about to watch Davison to see what he's like :smile:

Also your poll misses out the 8th Doctor.

I love Peter Davison, the episodes with Adric are especially good in my opinion!

Also about the poll, it was intentional! :smile:
Reply 41
I think we should have a poll for the companions as well
Oh I loved Martha :smile:

But she was so whiney :cry2: "Why doesn't he love me waawaawaa?"
Reply 43
Original post by lyrical_lie
But she was so whiney :cry2: "Why doesn't he love me waawaawaa?"

Lool I don't recall she ever said that in her defence :biggrin: I liked her because she was tough and she was a fighter :smile:
Reply 44
I think we should have a poll for the companions as well

Can you have 2 polls?
Reply 45
Original post by AJCSShp
Can you have 2 polls?

No idea. I don't even know how to make one
David Tennant, he's much better looking and he played the role really well :smile:
Reply 47
No idea. I don't even know how to make one

I don't think you can! You should make a thread about the companions! :biggrin:
Original post by AJCSShp

I love Peter Davison, the episodes with Adric are especially good in my opinion!

Also about the poll, it was intentional! :smile:

Oh it's the Adric ones I've been watching, I really like him. I've ordered the E-Space trilogy from Amazon so I can fin out how he joins the Doctor (although I have a rough idea). I think Adric and Tom Baker's Doctor have a really entertaining back-and-forth going on, it always makes me laugh :biggrin:

And Baker has just regenerated so I'll be watching a Davison-Adric one this evening :smile:

Original post by lyrical_lie
I'll always prefer David Tennant, but I have enjoyed Matt Smith too. I've watched all episodes of both of them. I may have skipped a few Martha ones however because she annoyed me so much.

Same here, she was such a pest. I got so sick of her pining over the Doctor and the unrequited love.

I think we're overdue a main male companion, watching the females fancying the Doctor is getting a bit old, which is one of the reasons I liked the Donna episodes so much.
Reply 49
Oh it's the Adric ones I've been watching, I really like him. I've ordered the E-Space trilogy from Amazon so I can fin out how he joins the Doctor (although I have a rough idea). I think Adric and Tom Baker's Doctor have a really entertaining back-and-forth going on, it always makes me laugh :biggrin:

And Baker has just regenerated so I'll be watching a Davison-Adric one this evening :smile:

Same here, she was such a pest. I got so sick of her pining over the Doctor and the unrequited love.

I think we're overdue a main male companion, watching the females fancying the Doctor is getting a bit old, which is one of the reasons I liked the Donna episodes so much.

To be honest I think Captain Jack would make a good companion :biggrin:
Reply 50
Matt Smith wasn't great to begin with - he felt too much like Tennant, but now he's got his own character and it's working well imo.
Reply 51

A few (really) good Peter Davison episodes are : Earthshock
Planet Of Fire
Resurrection Of The Daleks
Four To Doomsday
Caves Of Androzani
The Five Doctors

I like his first ever one as well! :smile: :smile:

...I like Martha.
(edited 11 years ago)
To be honest I think Captain Jack would make a good companion :biggrin:

Very true, there's always an exception!

Just pop this in spoilers for those who may not have seen the end of series four with DT and Donna...

Spoiler

Reply 53
Very true, there's always an exception!

Just pop this in spoilers for those who may not have seen the end of series four with DT and Donna...

Spoiler

Oh that would be brilliant :biggrin: and we would see rose again (who is my favourite companion :smile:)
Reply 54
bump :cookie:
Reply 55
Original post by AJCSShp
bump :cookie:

Why do you keep bumping? I think Matt Smith has been humiliated enough :smile:
Reply 56
Why do you keep bumping? I think Matt Smith has been humiliated enough :smile:

I just think there are more than 90 doctor who fans on TSR! :biggrin:
And I don't want my thread to die. :colondollar:
Reply 57
Original post by AJCSShp
I just think there are more than 90 doctor who fans on TSR! :biggrin:
And I don't want my thread to die. :colondollar:

I'm sure that it'll regenerate into a new one :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
David Tennant!!! By a landslide!:rolleyes: .... He just acted better and I liked the story line more... and he was more emotional.....Matt is a good actor but David is better!:wink:
Reply 59
David Tennent by far. I haven´t heard anything from Doctor Who in ages, so much that I forgot it even exists.

Quick Reply

Latest