The Student Room Group

Anyone else not going planning to go though clearing ?

Just wanted to know if anyone else is not going though clearing at the moment.

My entry requirements are not that high so if I'm unsuccessful I would rather re sit the year. Plus I think I would find the experience stressful espeically as I can't talk on the phone. And know me I make a wrong decision because of the stress.

Plus the extra year will allow me to go see the universites in more detail than if applied though clearing.
Reply 1
Same situation for me.
I wouldn't go through clearing, I'd take half a year off and apply to a uni in Germany.

(Crap, I've already quit my job, this had better not happen!)
Same here. :smile:

The only thing that worries me slightly is that my college only accepts a certain amount of people to re-sit the year, so if worst came to worse I probably wouldn't be able to re-sit.
Reply 4
Me neither! I know for sure I want to go to my firm choice, so if I don't get in I'd rather spend the year getting my grades up than be unhappy at some other uni :yes:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Incredible S
Reply 5
I wouldn't go through clearing, I don't like the idea that I spent all the time researching uni's and doing open days and then I'm randomly picking one!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
same here
Reply 7
Original post by hellohihey
I wouldn't go through clearing, I don't like the idea that I spent all the time researching uni's and doing open days and then I'm randomly picking one!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

That what I'm worried I don't want to pick the wrong one.

This thread is very good as it calmed my nervous down as I'm not the only one
Reply 8
Original post by ian111199
Just wanted to know if anyone else is not going though clearing at the moment.

My entry requirements are not that high so if I'm unsuccessful I would rather re sit the year. Plus I think I would find the experience stressful espeically as I can't talk on the phone. And know me I make a wrong decision because of the stress.

Plus the extra year will allow me to go see the universites in more detail than if applied though clearing.

Same here, I have my heart set on going to York Uni, so I'd take a year out, re-sit, and re-apply. I don't want to end up in some Uni I haven't visited/got to know.

If I'm paying £27,000 for a 3-year degree, I'm not basing my choice on a snap-second decision. :rolleyes:
Reply 9
I wont. mostly because I dont want to settle for something. not because its "beneath" me or anything but
because I know im a quitter, I quit at things I dont like, and excel at things I like. If I choose a similar course
without much thought, im fairly certain i will regret it. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending