The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done you!!! I loved Brookes, youll have a great time. WHat halls you applying for?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
The Boosh
Well done you!!! I loved Brookes, youll have a great time. WHat halls you applying for?

hey thanks :smile:

well thers only 3 halls which will give me a 50 week lease i need for nursing, i think they are paul kent hall, cheney student village and another one.. which halls can u recommend/ not recommend?
Reply 3
I think I applied to a post like this a few days ago re: halls.

I stayed in Arthur Sancturary Halls (ASH) on the John Radcliffe site where you will be doing lots of practicals. Its full of (a) nurses and (b) undergrad. fresher nursers and (c) general freshers. Its very very handy for the hospital and about 15 mins walk to the main campus, and beside the white horse which is an ok pub - and you are in the centre of headington with a supermarket and kebab shops and various other shops near by.

The problem with ASH is that its really run down and that extra walk to the SU bar is a bit of a pain, but if you want to be near the hospital with other nurses then great!

Cheney student village is impressive with internet connection, your own bathroom (rather than sharing toilets/showers etc) and its on the mainsite 3 mins away from the SU which you will live in - believe me! But its 15-20 mins walk to the main JR hospital.

Paul kent is miles away - dont even bother! its right beside the prison too - built in 1998 I believe and was top notch then, but studens are quick to wear things down!

So its a toss up between on the door step hospital (excellent for late shifts and early morning rises) or besides the uni/bars/clubs/closer to town.

I lived on Gypsy Lane in one of the houses opposite and loved strolling out of bed 5 mins before lectures and getting there on time, and walking to the main events at the campus in 6 mins too. I think Im saying go for the one closest to town/the SU since that really makes your uni experience special.

Any help? PM me or reply if you would like anymore advice (im having a reunion with some old brookes mates next weekend so could ask them any questions you have too...)
Reply 4
and another thing - do the freshers ball. it was probably one of the best events we all did together and look back with laughter at the tuxedos and tales of drunken madness.
Reply 5
The Boosh
and another thing - do the freshers ball. it was probably one of the best events we all did together and look back with laughter at the tuxedos and tales of drunken madness.

thank you very much for your help :smile: i so can't wait for september. i have a feeling that us nurses will be doing more lectures etc than others but the social side is gonna be a great experience i hope. u wouldnt happen to have any pictures of ur uni experience?!
Reply 6
not to hand, but the websites (thesu.com i think) are good, check out things like park end, pop your cherry, zodiac, fuzzy ****s, po na na, the bridge, kiss etc in google

I think nurses are busy - not as busy as teachers - but after living with and going out with the nurses for 3 years its safe to say they party harder than most. i was amazed at the shagging contests 2-3 nurses were undertaken in my corridor in halls - but you are not obliged to join in lol
Reply 7
i wrote ducks
Reply 8
fuzzy
Reply 9
ducks
Reply 10
haha fuzzy ducks that's such a funny game when you're drunk. sounds like fun i can't wait to get to university :smile: least now i know where i'm going etc etc i can actually visualise getting there! bit scary though, moving away from home but ah well!
fuzzy ducks was rated the biggest meatmarket in fhm in 2000 - student shagfest apparently. best place for it in the country (and fuzzies is a student only night like many other oxford night i.e. pop your cherry) - u need a brookes card to get in, and sometimes even the oxford uni students cant get in - they do it to balance the place. you will be *bombarded* with info at places like the freshers fair. have fun!
Its official - I'm coming to Brookes, I accepted the offer this afternoon. It's scary but I'm so excited! lol
Reply 13
ringlets anon.
Its official - I'm coming to Brookes, I accepted the offer this afternoon. It's scary but I'm so excited! lol

hey! what are you studying then?
Business and Management... I want to stay in Cheney - apparently it is really good!
Reply 15
ringlets anon.
Business and Management... I want to stay in Cheney - apparently it is really good!

heyhey that's one im applying to cos i only have a choice of 3 due to the length of the course im doing :s-smilie: but oh well. i added you on MSN so hopefully chat to u soon! x
B&M is a good course - my friends studied it and now are working in finance in big city firms.
I'm going to have a look er, oh yes, next week. My brother's house is in Headington (altho' he's doing Medicine at proper Ox :frown: he works in JR) so practically next to OB!

The SU is bloody brilliant though, I've had some fabbity nights out there! I did apply this year, but don't know what i want to do...So possibly may go next year to study Law or Real Estate Management depending on grades.......
I'm going to Brookes too (but in 2007)! Laura, we will be in the same building, as I'm doing Occupational Therapy! You will have to let me know what it's like in September
Hayley x
Reply 19
xHayley18x
I'm going to Brookes too (but in 2007)! Laura, we will be in the same building, as I'm doing Occupational Therapy! You will have to let me know what it's like in September
Hayley x

sure thing, shame ur not going 2006! ru taking a gap? x

Latest

Trending

Trending