The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer from kent! I've applied to do English Language & Linguistics :biggrin:

Well done to everybody else that's received an offer too!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Unfair Life
I'm applying to do Accounting & Finance at Kent :tongue: went to the open day today, looked a great campus and they seem to have a lot of sports, which is always a good thing for me :biggrin:

I'm also applying to Accounting & Finance :smile:
Reply 62
Got an offer for English Language & Linguistics yesterday. :biggrin: I'm so happy - I went to the open day and loved everything about the uni. Anyone thinking they might end up there, feel free to message me :smile:
I'm applying to do History and Politics. I absolutely loved the uni, the lecturers on the open day were fantastic.

I really want to get my application off now... hoping to send it finally on Tuesday!!
Reply 64
I applied (and got an offer :h: ) to study History and Philosophy :smile: Loved it there when I went on an open day <3
Reply 65
Original post by Emly
Got an offer for English Language & Linguistics yesterday. :biggrin: I'm so happy - I went to the open day and loved everything about the uni. Anyone thinking they might end up there, feel free to message me :smile:

Congratulations! :five:
Anyone here applying for any Economics related course????

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm applying next week :smile:

Psychology with clinical and applied psychology with clinical. Nervous about using two of my choices but really like the sound of both and the University :smile:

Has anyone received an unconditional offer for Economics or any Economics related course???
Original post by MissCBen
Thinking of applying to Kent for Law :smile: I got ABD in my AS Levels but resitting the D and I'm also doing EPQ

Nice I'm applying to study english and French law :smile: where else are you thinking of applying? :P
Reply 70
I got an offer yesterday, for biomedical sciences :smile: Unfortunately since, i don't live in England, I cannot manage to see the campus, which really bothers me. From the videos and the site, it looks wonderful- for the people who saw it, what did you think? And is there anyone applying for biomedical sciences?
Original post by katep1
I got an offer yesterday, for biomedical sciences :smile: Unfortunately since, i don't live in England, I cannot manage to see the campus, which really bothers me. From the videos and the site, it looks wonderful- for the people who saw it, what did you think? And is there anyone applying for biomedical sciences?

Congratulations!

As a current 2nd year student, I can confirm that it's wonderful - the campus is very green (lots of trees and grassy areas to sit) and has stunning views over Canterbury (the advantage of being on top of a hill), and there are lots of animals, with rabbits in particular being a regular occurence (and there are also squirrels, at least one duck pond, pigeons, seagulls etc.). There's also a very pretty rose garden in one of the colleges. It's right next to the countryside, so where I lived in my first year, you could see the fields and it was really close to a lot of sheep.

Any questions about the uni (I'm a History student, so can't help with the Biomedical Science side of stuff), just ask. :smile:
Reply 72
I'm first year doing Biology and in the first year all Bioscience students do nearly all the same modules so not much difference between the type of bioscience. It's a good course I'm really enjoying it the lecturers are great :smile:
The campus is amazing you'd love it here as well as canterbury :smile:
Reply 73
Waiting for an offer to study Law at Kent, anyone else? I've seen a few people applying to Kent, let me know if you do get any offers for Law because I hate all this waiting around :/

Edit: Having said that, TODAY (18th October) just received an offer from Kent for Law - AAB.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 74
Heya :smile:

I am applying for International relations with politics
Hope i get in :frown:
Original post by gmeenaxi
Heya :smile:

I am applying for International relations with politics
Hope i get in :frown:

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 76
Thank you !. :smile:
My first choice is royal holloway though and insurance queen mary, univeristy of london !. But i doubt i wil get an offer from both to be honest. Absolutely panicking.:confused:
Reply 77
Original post by Aries1992
I'm applying next week :smile:

Psychology with clinical and applied psychology with clinical. Nervous about using two of my choices but really like the sound of both and the University :smile:

Good choice. :tongue:

I applied last week for an MSc at Kent, waiting on references at the moment but hopefully will progress to the interview stage.

I did the Psychology with Clinical Psychology degree, graduated in 2011, so if anyone's got any questions (about the course or about the general uni) I can try my best to remember!
Looking to apply to Kent for either Law or European Legal Studies. Would probably be my firm :biggrin:
Reply 79
I'm applying for Psychology and Sociology, went to visit the campus and Canterbury town yesterday and it's absolutely gorgeous, the only thing that's worrying me is the social side of it like nightlife etc? What are your experiences of this? By the way I am definitely not basing my uni choices on nightlife it would just be a nice bonus :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending