The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is it worth applying for halls?

Ive heard alot of people here say they are full. Does that mean you applied and were turned away?

I am going to london in a few days to look at some places and I dont want to waste my time with something that won't materialize.

Is it worth applying still?
I rang them this morning and they said they are fully booked up.
I think you can get placed on a waiting list but I heard there's over 100 people on it so don't bet anything on getting a place that way.

There seems to be lots of people trying to organise private accommodation though (including me!) so look/ask around and you might find something that way.

Good luck!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by demon_cookie
I rang them this morning and they said they are fully booked up.
I think you can get placed on a waiting list but I heard there's over 100 people on it so don't bet anything on getting a place that way.

There seems to be lots of people trying to organise private accommodation though (including me!) so look/ask around and you might find something that way.

Good luck!

Well that is exactly what I am doing right now, I was just wondering whether it would be worthwhile applying for halls aswell or whether it is pointless
I put in an application anyway but only to get on a waiting list really. It can't hurt I suppose.
I phoned up they said basically you have no chance until christmas. Bit the bullet and bankrupted myself by going to Rahere Court.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending