The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford postgraduate applicants 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

I didn't include references on my CV. They were already on the application….
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Jellyjams
Heya guys,

I've an urgent question. Do you include referees on the CV that you've submitted to Oxford? I was thinking that since my referees were already giving recommendations through Embark, there wasn't a need for me to list down their names an contact numbers on my CV. Any thoughts? (The issue is a little complicated, will explain why later)

Original post by Sepharadim
I didn't include references on my CV. They were already on the application….

Agree with Sepharadim. Don't waste space on things that are elsewhere in your application. This is particularly important for you SoP, but even on your CV you have probably some better use for that space.
Original post by Sepharadim
So, when is one considered enrolled? Is it when one completes registration before start of term, or is it only after 0th week?

Matriculation?
Original post by Zefiros
Agree with Sepharadim. Don't waste space on things that are elsewhere in your application. This is particularly important for you SoP, but even on your CV you have probably some better use for that space.

Thanks! XD I had to resubmit my documents so....

By the way does anyone know when is the deadline for depts to nominate clarendon potentials?
(edited 10 years ago)
Offer for MPhil in Economics with full ESRC 2+2 funding :smile: Accepted at Oriel College, anybody else there?
Thanks! XD I had to resubmit my documents so....

By the way does anyone know when is the deadline for depts to nominate clarendon potentials?

Apparently all the the decisions have now been made and successful applicants will be informed next week. I am also waiting to hear....
Original post by LinguistBee
Apparently all the the decisions have now been made and successful applicants will be informed next week. I am also waiting to hear....

oh dear, submitted my documents pretty late then

Still waiting on an offer for DPhil in Theology here, but could it be possible that a Clarendon might be offered before an offer???
Yay! Finally got my college offer from University :smile:
Original post by {the_violinist}

Did you apply by the January deadline? No news about mine...
which college? I am waiting to hear back from mine! It has been 8 weeks now I think.
Original post by aussiefella
Still waiting on an offer for DPhil in Theology here, but could it be possible that a Clarendon might be offered before an offer???

I don't see why not. It depends on how quickly the Faculty process your application and lets you know, in relation to how quickly the funding body does the same. As I said a few pages back, I found out I had secured ESRC a week before I heard about the DPhil offer from the Faculty :smile:
Original post by lexisisis
Offer for MPhil in Economics with full ESRC 2+2 funding :smile: Accepted at Oriel College, anybody else there?

Congrats! See you at DTC stuff :smile:
Reply 3993
Has anyone heard back from MML about the Mst in Modern Languages yet?
Original post by lexisisis

I'm currently there; Oriel is great, small friendly MCR, friendly everyone really (Fellows really do make an effort to get to know grads), lots of formals, a very well stocked library (plus they'll buy you anything they don't have) and nice accommodation (but pricey).

We've also got the world's largest portrait of the Queen and a (what turns out to have been a very expensive) tunnel..... (see above).
Original post by student_aa
which college? I am waiting to hear back from mine! It has been 8 weeks now I think.

The colleges can sometimes take until May. I am also waiting but have a hunch it'll be Kellogg..
Original post by {the_violinist}

Did you apply by the January deadline? No news about mine...

Original post by student_aa

University College - I applied by the November deadline and was accepted in late December. I got an initial college allocation about 10 weeks later but my application got moved because I was lucky enough to get a linked scholarship at Univ (very happy) - and that took about 4-5 weeks to come through after they (my department) initially told me that my scholarship application was approved.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3997
Someone posted to grad cafe that they were on the reserve list for Clarendon. Does anyone know what this means? If we weren't notified about being on a reserve list should we expect that we are not getting Clarendon?
Original post by plj18
Someone posted to grad cafe that they were on the reserve list for Clarendon. Does anyone know what this means? If we weren't notified about being on a reserve list should we expect that we are not getting Clarendon?

I assume it means if someone gives the offer up you may get it.
The colleges can sometimes take until May. I am also waiting but have a hunch it'll be Kellogg..

I just hope I can get accommodation really, do want to hang out with other people, and the college is pretty close to the department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending