The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich) Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Got an email asking me to fill out a fee questionnaire, and also asking what my plans are for my gap year.

My application's officially been read :O
Original post by EternalDoom
Got an email asking me to fill out a fee questionnaire, and also asking what my plans are for my gap year.

Ooooh when? And when did you send you application?
Original post by joker12345
Ooooh when? And when did you send you application?

I sent my UCAS on 4th Oct, and I got the email yesterday, and sent off my reply just now.
Reply 183
Wow, awesome!

Is it just because you sent early that you got it now, or is it because your application is better than average? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's great, but does everyone get one of these, or just the people short listed for short listing for interview? :tongue:
Original post by Tolstoy
Wow, awesome!

Is it just because you sent early that you got it now, or is it because your application is better than average? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's great, but does everyone get one of these, or just the people short listed for short listing for interview? :tongue:

I have no idea, I think my application was just read before yours, they're probably working down some long list.
Reply 185

Did you not mention your gap year plans in your personal statement? I still haven't received the email and sent my ucas form off before yours! :eek:
Original post by Topcat94
Did you not mention your gap year plans in your personal statement? I still haven't received the email and sent my ucas form off before yours! :eek:

I did mention it, I had a whole paragraph talking about it :confused:
They seemed to mention my international work experience, so perhaps they were impressed by my application? I'm not really sure.

Their exact words were :
"I can see that you have already completed and received your grades for your A Levels this summer. Alongside shadowing at a Bangladeshi Hospital , can I ask what your plans for your gap year are?"
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
Wait.. is UEA starting to go through applications? And has anyone who is not a gap medic heard from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 188
Original post by Pheno_N
Wait.. is UEA starting to go through applications? And has anyone who is not a gap medic heard from them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UEA starts sending interviews on the past the 5th of November, but those with a gap year will hear early.
Reply 189
Original post by Tolstoy
UEA starts sending interviews on the past the 5th of November, but those with a gap year will hear early.

Will they?

The med school usually contact them just to see what they're getting up to / got up to in their gap year to see if they did something vaguely related to a career in medicine.

Everyone who is offered an interview will be notified in due course. It has nothing to do with whether you've had a gap year or not. The only people who are likely to 'hear early' are those who live in Norfolk or surrounding area who are SOMETIMEs offered interviews in December before the main bulk of interviews in Jan/Feb/March.
Reply 190
Original post by UEAMedic
Will they?

The med school usually contact them just to see what they're getting up to / got up to in their gap year to see if they did something vaguely related to a career in medicine.

Everyone who is offered an interview will be notified in due course. It has nothing to do with whether you've had a gap year or not. The only people who are likely to 'hear early' are those who live in Norfolk or surrounding area who are SOMETIMEs offered interviews in December before the main bulk of interviews in Jan/Feb/March.

No, I meant that gap year students will get information early, like the questionnaire.

As you're a UEA medic, when did you get that invitation email, or whatever they send? :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by Tolstoy
No, I meant that gap year students will get information early, like the questionnaire.

As you're a UEA medic, when did you get that invitation email, or whatever they send? :smile:

I was already studying at the university so got an 'early' interview at the beginning of December but if I'm honest I can't actually remember when they notified me!

The majority of people who will be offered interviews will hear in December/January but honestly there's no specific order that they contact people so don't be put off if you're not one of the first to hear from them!
Hey guys, I never received the 2nd acknowledgement email from UEA. Do you think I should email them and let them know?
Has anyone who is not a grad student heard from UEA about interviews yet? If so, what are your grades/ UKCAT etc? Are interviews really sent out from the 5th November? Thanks :smile: x
Reply 194
Original post by ElleBelle94
Has anyone who is not a grad student heard from UEA about interviews yet? If so, what are your grades/ UKCAT etc? Are interviews really sent out from the 5th November? Thanks :smile: x

I haven't heard of one interview being offered, yet. So, don't worry. :smile:

Original post by Inferno swif
Hey guys, I never received the 2nd acknowledgement email from UEA. Do you think I should email them and let them know?

I wouldn't say so; I am sure it will come.
Last year, the first batch of interviews got given out on 25th November, so some of us will definitely hear back from them by the end of this month.
Reply 196
Last year, the first batch of interviews got given out on 25th November, so some of us will definitely hear back from them by the end of this month.

I seem to be applying to most of the universities that you are :tongue:
Which ones are you applying for?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by itank28
I seem to be applying to most of the universities that you are :tongue:
Which ones are you applying for?

Sheffield, UEA, Keele, and Queens Belfast :smile:
Reply 198
Sheffield, UEA, Keele, and Queens Belfast :smile:

Oh nice :smile:
UEA, Keele, Leeds and St. George's here